It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what the heck is this, the cambuquira's ufo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
but all of you are forgetting that the alleged object did not move, appeared out of nowhere, and disappeared into thin air.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I like the bird idea, but I think it may work better if we say we're looking at the back of a bird in a dive, with its wings folded and the branch-and-leaf gripped in its claws. That makes the small sharp bit at the bottom its bill. The metallic colors on the body can be written off as iridescence.

I can't see the branch being carried in its beak above the body, the head would have to be very unnaturally flexed.

As far as its appearing and disappearing goes, human perception is a wonderful thing! Especially in aid of a good story.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by PersonFromPorlock]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why does it look like Zappi has three feet? Or is that just part of his equpment?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Its a Wraith dart-OMG they have found Earth!LOL,no seriously I still think its a drone.Edit to say ITS NOT A DA*N BIRD!Do humans really make up such crazy explanations for things that are truly UFOS??

[edit on 3/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
im thinking that the hatch theory is the most probable short of an insect on the camera but then you need to take into account the people that saw it etc. interesting picture

i really can't see a bird im sorry but i cant, in saying that it toook me a while to see the "grey" but im going with the hatch idea...just seems to make alot more sense to me than a diving bird

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Simply a weather balloon which was obscured from view do to swamp gas. Nothing else to see here.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've created two image files for a .gif, but the program I'm trying to use to create the gif isn't working correctly.

I'll just post the images both here for comparison:

Non Marked Image, selections at 300% size

Marked Image

This is a very strage case. Star and Flag to the OP!

-WFA

[edit on 20-4-2008 by WitnessFromAfar]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Thanks for the star and flag wfa and of course for your contribution.

Darn tootin it is strange in fact it is so strange I think I am going to have to genuinly fall back on my last resort explaination, SWAMP GAS, just look at it you can almost smell its original primitive odour

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I finally flagged this thread and added it to my favorites. At the very least it is a good puzzle. What the heck is that thing?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am also totally baffled. I'm pretty sure that whatever it is though, it was really there when the picture was taken. We've got two credible eye-witnesses, and the image was taken at a public event with a high qualilty camera.

This is one of the strangest pictures I have ever seen. I'm hoping some more ATS image analysts will jump on this thread. I'm currently at a loss for how to proceed in investigating this image.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

great analysis of whatever the strange object is.

if someone else has mentioned this, please forgive me. brazil is known to have strange objects and ufo's in the sky. i know that this statement does not aid in resolving whatever this is. keep in mind the reports of strange sightings in this part of the world happen often.

perhaps it may be an alien craft, perhaps a newer military craft that has some sort of stealth/cloaking ability.

a few years ago, a japanese (at least i think he was) scientist developed a fabric that when projected upon with a camera, made the wearer invisible (at least the parts covered by the fabric).

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by littledogbean

keep in mind the reports of strange sightings in this part of the world happen often.

Yeah and I have always wondered about that.

Are the people down there more superstitious and prone to exageration or is it real.

I think there is also a heavy armed forces presence in that part of the world too.

And then again what about all the nazi's that escaped there........hmm makes me wonder.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I sent an e-mail on March 21 to the address posted on the site and I haven't received any answer.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I sent an e-mail on March 21 to the address posted on the site and I haven't received any answer.

Darn ArMaP I know how you feel many is the time I have dashed off emails to people and websites and the response was conspicuous by it's absence.

One website I got so frrustrated with I pleaded wih them to answer me just to prove to me they was not the website equivelent of the Marie Celeste.

The answer I received was, "What is the Marie Celeste"

So go figure.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

Originally posted by ArMaP

Darn ArMaP I know how you feel many is the time I have dashed off emails to people and websites and the response was conspicuous by it's absence.

One website I got so frrustrated with I pleaded wih them to answer me just to prove to me they was not the website equivelent of the Marie Celeste.

The answer I received was, "What is the Marie Celeste"

So go figure.

Lol i remember it

Well of course to get the original image may help somehow.
Honestly, when i saw the OP my first reaction has been to laugh

But now.... all in all this case is still open, hence there's something actually difficult to explain in it. If i'm not mistaken, it has been claimed that other people saw the ufo: it would be interesting to find out if these people exist and if they shared they account somewhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

And then again what about all the nazi's that escaped there........hmm makes me wonder.

that is true.

also a nazi ship sank in rio de la plata between uruguay and argentina. i believe it was scuttled (sank on purpose). i could be wrong about how the ship sunk.

maybe some of the nazi engineers and scientists were sent to antartica to continue their research.

as a kid i always remember stories about ufo and what not seen flying off the shores of brazil.

i find it just really strange and thought provoking as to just what is it we are seeing in the picture.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Hang on I have just realised what you are talking about.

Rio de la plata, thats the River Plate as in the Battle of the River Plate.

The ship that sank was the German pocket battle ship The Admiral Graf Spee and was scuttled by her captain Hans Langsdorf after her crew was transferred ashore.

Why did he do this you might ask, well the germans were fed false information that led them to believe there was a much larger force of warships waiting out in the open sea to intercept them.

So Langsdorf not wanting to sacrifice his crew in a futile engagment scuttled the Graf Spee.

It is kinda sad really because Lansdorf commited suicide eventually it is said because he was so ashamed of sinking his ship unnecessarily.

Sorry about that I am just a big kid really still fascinated by battleships.

Oh..and the Antartica thing I am not really convinced about that.

Thanks for you post.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have been meaning to look this thread up again because the identity of the object was never really answered. Anyone out there have new insight? Any n00bs (term of endearment) have a clue what the heck this thing is?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join