It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recession of Choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Recession of Choice

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Congress and the Federal Reserve missed their chance to keep the country from falling into recession by acting too slowly, according to a well-respected economist.

Lakshman Achuthan, the managing director of the Economic Cycle Research Institute, said the economy has now fallen into what he calls "a recession of choice."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
so, although the president STILL insists we are not heading into a recession, I think the people of the US, and around the globe, can all accept the fact that we are.

Is this "recession of choice" some type of scheme to get us to give up our rights out of fear?

or perhaps form that north american union to save our buts and our dollar value?

well, I think so.
perhaps that is what economists are starting to figure out as well...

thoughts?

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, it's no secret that the Rothschilds have engineered economic collapse in the past. That is how they gained control over the British economy during the 1800's, after Waterloo. Then the US economy, with the Great Depression.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Don't think for a minute that the United States accidentally ended up in this position. Our government has played games with us for years. This is just another move on the chess board.

It's despicable and, if we had any reproductive organs at all, we'd have another revolution and take care of the problem.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Isn't it possible that they let a recession happen in order to balance out/help cool down other certain world economies?

An attempt to make the playing field equal? Or perhaps an attempt to destabilize certain developing countries?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

The article is saying that because the emergency stimulus package was not passed in time.. it missed the chance to fix the economy..

Essentially what this fellow is saying is that the President should have thought up the idea -190 billion and then passed it in ONE day..

And then within a month have ALL of the checks mailed out so that before the 1st Q ended everyone would have spent the money and the market would have gone up, not down....

OK...

Congress had to debate.. of course.. and took two weeks longer then expected..

Then it was passed..

But now the IRS cannot find everyone to mail the checks to.. they are still missing a few million names.. going through the VA and social security to find people to give the money to..

So they have to mail out letters to everyone..

Then they have to get a list of all of those names, decide how much they get, then mail out milions of checks..

This supposed intelligent economist apparently believed the IRS had super human capabilities..

The fact that they are projecting May as DDay for the checks is amazing, it was supposed to be June or July.

I think it cost the IRS 40 million dollars just to mail the letters and the checks.. not to mention all of this is happening during the IRS's busiest season.. Tax time..

And on top of all of this, the IRS is "over looking" several tax exemptions, but then got flooded with people abusing the system so now they have to go back and re-look at everything..

THEN on top of that, because the law was passed after millions of people already paid taxes, they don't get a check because the system won't see them..

They are advising people to send in another form with "rebate check" written at the top to get approved..

The whole system is F'd up.. not the administrations fault..

It was just a stupid idea to begin with.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It was just a stupid idea to begin with.

It's not just the ideas that are stupid.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
the economy is based upon Fictional funds... But we are the ones who get the short end of that stick, big bankers get the the fluffy cotton candy end of it...

But with that being said, theres only so much you can steal before your stealing from yourself if your creating the means in which your stealing from. People will rack up so much debt, that creditors will no longer be able to lend to them becuz they will not have anything as collateral, Just like I cant get a Benz from a dealership even if they put a 700% intrest rate on it, since I have no assets that would even come close to that car, same with the majority of americans soon they will not even have ownership of enuff material wealth that loans for them wont even be able to be made.

Then their paychecks an jobs will prolly become that, an then maybe medical testing for debt reductions lol....

This whole deal is rotten an has been for quite sometime. Lending someone more then they would be able to make back is nothing more then a scheme to make the lender richer, So its gambling. Wow what a fubard ordeal.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
thanks for the replies.

I still have some questions to all of this.

as far as the tax return bonus' we are receiving... where did this money come from?

and as far as the recession goes, do the majority of you believe that this is no accident?

either the war and govt spending has caused us to go into a recession by accident, or this is some type of elaborate scheme where the govt tells us they have a solution: ie: free health care, housing, college education; and all we have to do is give up a few of our rights...

of course you guys know how I feel...
but is it just a coincidence its happening now? at this critical point in time?
last days of the bush presidency, new election, talks of war with Iran... etc?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

thanks for that info Rockpuck.

I get the jist of what your saying. it just took time for everyhting to go through and to find a solution.

but this is something that, I feel, could have been seen way ahead of time.
and because congress acted like they didn't, and the president STILL claims everything is all good, something inside me tells me this might have been planned.

new topics

top topics

join