It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

american media's logic: violence=peaceful protest; peaceful protest=breaking law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
american's media alleged "peaceful protest" in tibet.

Google Video Link

when Chinese policeman is stoping the violence. american media claims it is cracking down the Tibetan.

firemen put down by the mob

CNN hinted the violence is cause by Chinese army. and the protest is very peaceful. not to mention they replaced the word policeman with army.

when american people put a peaceful anti-war protest. american media claim it has violated the law, and they should be arrested.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by zhangxi0183]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
We apparently have reports of the initial outburst that started the whole shebang, btw.

Apparently a confrontation broke out between some younger tibetans and the police forces, and essentially all the youngers ones got a bit rowdy.

It is said the older monks who were at the scene were appeasing for the youngsters to stay calm.

It was on the BBC 24 hour news channel about an hour ago, so you might not be able to find anything significant yet.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
how can i post a video. someone tell me??

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
We apparently have reports of the initial outburst that started the whole shebang, btw.

Apparently a confrontation broke out between some younger tibetans and the police forces, and essentially all the youngers ones got a bit rowdy.

It is said the older monks who were at the scene were appeasing for the youngsters to stay calm.

It was on the BBC 24 hour news channel about an hour ago, so you might not be able to find anything significant yet.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Throbber]

really??? you might want to look at this, shame on western media. so called free report.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Its double speak, like the following. Like this

A man who has never commited a crime or done anything to anyone, is isane, while people who commit crimes are sane.

Starnge double speak of todays world.

When america laughed at waco, what did the american media do, they created people like john stewert to laugh at people being blown up, at comedy central(i am talking about iraq here).

If you listen to william cooper, he says he lost faith in american people hearing them laugh at the people in waco, in 1993.

America and ukhave an amazing double standard.

SO all the americans that speak up for tibet, why did you not support waco's right to religious freedom?

[edit on 3/20/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
now what???

you guys just gonna close your eyes and pretend nothing happened???

you guys just gonna fool yourself again and again and blame it's just Chinese propaganda???

[edit on 21-3-2008 by zhangxi0183]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, looks like you want an opposing view well ok, I will give you one.
In 1950-51, the proud Chinese troops invaded Tibet. While occupying the country, the brave Chinese got the Tibetans to sign the seventeen point agreement. I imagine it wasn't hard to get the Rulers of Tibet to "agree" considering thier Army was crushed and rapidly. I wuold venture a guess, there are some Tibetans who get a little irked from time to time too say the least.

How was that for another view?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Well, looks like you want an opposing view well ok, I will give you one.
In 1950-51, the proud Chinese troops invaded Tibet. While occupying the country, the brave Chinese got the Tibetans to sign the seventeen point agreement. I imagine it wasn't hard to get the Rulers of Tibet to "agree" considering thier Army was crushed and rapidly. I wuold venture a guess, there are some Tibetans who get a little irked from time to time too say the least.

How was that for another view?

yes, i do need an opposite view. but the more i want is someone can have the gut to admit the undeniable truth.

and to your comment, it's way beyond the topic, and it has been discussed at this thread. you can watch for yourself. Tibet is China's territory long long time ago. 1904, the british invade Tibet and colonize Tibetan. 1911, the KMT government of China reaffirm that Tibet is part of China's. but KMT government was weak, they don't actually have power in Tibet. Tibet was still controlled by British. And 1949 KMT government was defeated by CCP government. And 1951 CCP government took Tibet back to China. So, we actually free Tibetan from colonist and slavery. dalailama do pissed off, because he and his slaveholder fellow cann't enslave Tibetan anymore.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-3-2008 by zhangxi0183]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You just can't get around the fact that the Dalai Lama has preached peace and non-violence for decades and has offered to allow China to look around his offices. Chinese war mongers are similar to Western war mongers in that they vilify the enemy in order to get a people behind a military solution.

Chinese people have a long and rich history. All people do really.

Westerners love Chinese culture and Tibetean culture. We have China-towns in some of our major cities. If only we could communicate with each other more freely we would realize a rich future together.

new topics

top topics

join