It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Made Easy: How Presidents & Pundits Keep Spinning Us To Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi.

I have two comments.

First of all, I agree with what I was able to see in the report. I am 40 years old, and I have already observed the things mentioned in the film repeatedly from the 1980s on. There is nothing new in this film. I have seen it all before.

It is nice to see that I am not the only one paying attention.

Secondly, I do have a complaint. Something is wrong with the ATS video player. As I was trying to watch the film, the player kept stopping and resetting to the beginning. For each part of the movie, I would get approximately two minutes of video, but then reset. I would then have to start manually moving the cursor on the progress bar back to where it was before it had last reset. This was very tedious, because the video was resetting frequently, roughly every ten seconds or less, and I missed several comments simply because the player would repeatedly reset at those points, and I was eventually forced to skip over them.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boingo the Clown
Secondly, I do have a complaint. Something is wrong with the ATS video player.

I had the same issue, it's not the player it's microsofts browser.

Download the firefox browser. It's faster and you won't have any issues.
www.mozilla.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am using Firefox already. I'm afraid it is the player that is at fault.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Khaled Mashal
Osama bin Ladin
Hugo Chavez
and increasingly Vladimir Putin

interesting and relevant article

Osama proven x or remaining CIA,

Mohmoud Ahmadinejad, I accept is an unknown quantity

Hugo Chaves, what is your beef with him?

Start reviewing the CIA and corporate organizations causing millions of annual deaths and poor quality of life for millions of global people, Start looking further than CNN and Fox news.

Geez it kills me how many throw out the anti American card without taking a good long and hard look at history. responses like this are taken straight from the O'Brien show.

Even if the view is what you call anti American, it is only anti-American from your view and others who hold the same value set as you. Please remember not all of us believe Muslims are going to take over the world, nor should we bomb them in fear they do.

I recommend such a media born mind set as you have be washed in some serious history lessons on the US foreign policy development since your country gained it independence.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by rocksrhot]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Great Stuff!

Now we see who the real masters of mass manipulation really are.

Is America really the beacon of Democracy or just another name for a Warmachine?

[edit on 24/3/08 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
ATS should make its own documentaries too.

[edit on 25/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
just MHO

Nice production with absolutely no usefull or newsforthy Info ...
All has been known for a very long time ...decades ...

What really is depressing is the undertone of this production ..

WE CAN IF WE TRY CHANGE

this simple and hopeinspiring undertone i find more then disturbing ..
The content, well known, is nothing new and the american people are not the 1st and surely not the last time beeing lied to and kept in the dark..

Nothing will ever CHANGE !!

The fight has been lost decades agao ..and if you cant see it your soo deep into it your are the problem ....
Whats missing in this production and therefore IMHO rendering it uselss is a solution ...
Its not provided becasue there is none ..The fight is lost in the US
if the american people would have the capabilities to change it would have happened decades ago...
The status que instead has moved even more into the filed : I dont see it, i dont feel it , its not happening ...

This production does unfortunately not address the real problem
All you see in this doc is cause and effect ...You do not see why ...Why ...?
This is a long battle fought against `middle` america and it has been won decades ago .....

Americas educated fools ...The masses are brainwashed . 40 PLUS years of mindnumbing has had its effect and the dumbing down with overfeeding food and mindless gargage on TV combined with medicating and re eeducationg the masses has worked ..
A nation of zombies uneducated fat and mostly braindead as to the world around them ..just watch news ..the world doesnt excist if it doesnt involve america its not reported ..

This has been done for decades and the outcome is america as you feel it today ..Dirty selfish fat and absolutely cruel ....

You the people are not asked ...not asked at all and the hopeless debades on how to change the devil (us administartion ) is not just useless it really is disgusting to keep following because there is no solution untill you change your system in power which is not gonna happen
You try you end up in your new Nazi camps (FEMA)
The trust and blind following of your politicians is a madness that cannot be understoood by anyone outside the USA

You the poeple are not citizens anymore are you all blind
The deed is done america as you see it, feel it, taste it today is a nation under a totalitarian fascist government!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The good old days, when a country protested war....
To a small extent, I protested the Vietnam War. It was amazing to see how many young people, and adults, were against that war.

Until I watched this movie, I had assumed that the reason there was little war protest in the US was the lack of a draft.
(Cindy Sheehan and her group cannot be even remotely compared with The Anti-War Movement of the 60-70s.)

This movie made it all very clear why there will not be a major anti-war movement any time soon:
Those running the show realized their mistake with Vietnam and got the media on board with them.
War became big business and glitz. Dissenting voices need not apply.

Another amazing tidbit from the movie:
In WWI, 10% of the casualities were civilians.
In Iraq, that figure is about 90%.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
The good old days, when a country protested war....
To a small extent, I protested the Vietnam War. It was amazing to see how many young people, and adults, were against that war.

Until I watched this movie, I had assumed that the reason there was little war protest in the US was the lack of a draft.
(Cindy Sheehan and her group cannot be even remotely compared with The Anti-War Movement of the 60-70s.)

This movie made it all very clear why there will not be a major anti-war movement any time soon:
Those running the show realized their mistake with Vietnam and got the media on board with them.
War became big business and glitz. Dissenting voices need not apply.

Another amazing tidbit from the movie:
In WWI, 10% of the casualities were civilians.
In Iraq, that figure is about 90%.

I'm not sure what movies you are watching, but pretty much every war movie since we invaded Iraq has been DECIDEDLY anti-war.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksrhot

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Khaled Mashal
Osama bin Ladin
Hugo Chavez
and increasingly Vladimir Putin

interesting and relevant article

Osama proven x or remaining CIA,

Mohmoud Ahmadinejad, I accept is an unknown quantity

Hugo Chaves, what is your beef with him?

Start reviewing the CIA and corporate organizations causing millions of annual deaths and poor quality of life for millions of global people, Start looking further than CNN and Fox news.

Geez it kills me how many throw out the anti American card without taking a good long and hard look at history. responses like this are taken straight from the O'Brien show.

Even if the view is what you call anti American, it is only anti-American from your view and others who hold the same value set as you. Please remember not all of us believe Muslims are going to take over the world, nor should we bomb them in fear they do.

I recommend such a media born mind set as you have be washed in some serious history lessons on the US foreign policy development since your country gained it independence.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by rocksrhot]

Islamic extremists (not to be confused with the "average Joe" Muslim) are not vague about their long-term goal of eliminating Western culture. Do you just think they are joking? All the bombings, beheadings, video messages, terrorism training camps, ... all friendly misunderstandings that we can clear up over a cup of coffee if we'd just sit down and talk???

As for CNN and Fox News I don't even have a TV.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
so i dont know how this will look or anything, it's my first post. Here anyways and my shift key is missing
. But after watching all these anti-war and anti - bush and anti this and that 9/11 conspiracies and all that junk, got me thinking, sure the government puts out a bunch of propoganda to woo the public in the desired direction, but all this propaganda awareness stuff is really starting to like anarchy propaganda.
Just a thought,all the B.S, out there now between 9/11 (I knew it was about the oil from the start, not "terrorrism") I dont know what to beleive.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm shocked and appalled by a poster on the first page who quoted "we should just bury this under the sand" "or get over it" and forget about the devastation that these two madmen have created in the last 8 years.
Now thats very inhuman. Ignorance showing there, is that is what we should not do in this situation....

No it's not acceptable to have that sick behaviour going on and disrespecting humanity and your own nation just for glorious egoistical self desires to empower their rages and treachory/ This behaviour is not right.

No I don't accept this, no human being should or allow to accept this. It has gone on to far. This world needs a revolution and those infected people should be eradicated out of humanity and society, to stop this contagious, infectuos, destructive one man over all syndrome, taking over our world as a puppet show, with us as a powerless spectators..

Justice should be brought forward. Give us back our power. It's time for America to put an end to these sinister people who you put your trust and respect into, only then they failed you, failed you many times, and they will keep doing it until they are reperamanded and brought to justice.

So we can bring harmony back to humanity and unite as one, instead of these governments creating the opposite of, uniting, harmony, peace, trust and respect. This is what is NOW needed and lacking in this world.

I totally support these man be brought to the highest courts for the world to see and hear and know the truth. Punishment in its right causes. Impeachment of absalution...

[edit on 16-4-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It is refreshing to see that most people who watched the documentary, reached the conclusion that yes we have been lied to about war and the reasons to declare war on Iraq and now Iran. I could say it simply to those war supporters and believe actually naive enough to believe the Government BS Rhetoric about WMD's, Democracy in the Middle Peace, Peace (now thats funny- well it would be if it weren't so dangerous) and stability. Why don't the CNN and Fox news crews go to Iraq and ask the Iraqi's if they have ever felt so safe and peaceful. Ok, I could go into detail about oil being sold in appreciating Euro's in stead of depreciating dollars, but I am afraid it would simply fly over the heads of those fools so wrapped up in red, white and blue that they call people like sean Penn and others who dare question their Government traitors. traitors_javascript:icon('
'). No traitors, are those who betray there country and act in ways destructive to their nation and in the best interest of themselves and their Oil interest buddies, and Weapons military contractor friends. Since the invasion in Iraq the USD and US economy has gone from bad to worse, and will soon be catastrophic. Over half a million Iraqi's mostly, civilians (men women and children) have been killed.
The US invasion of Iraq, was no different to Hitler's invasion of Poland and unless many Americans know the truth and tell as many people as possible it will have the same dire consequences, only this time much worse because of the destruction capabilities of the weapons. This stupid act of aggression will almost certainly lead to WW III. The only difference between Hitler's Wars and Puppet Bush's Wars For those who believe anything the Government sells you through the Mass media & to simple to understand what is really going on and blindly support war- THIS TIME IT'S ABOUT THE OIL STUPID !!! TText

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I applaud you Sean , you continuously portray US soldiers as ignorant mindless puppets. You will portray brave men liken to cowards and heathens to show how brave you are. You the WOW DUDE hippie that's made a name for his self by exploiting the very men that give you this freedom. You pal around with communist, marxist, extremist muslim factions and whoever will fit your self diluted agenda. You continuously throw down your country publicly to advance your agenda. Just who do you think you are? You don't speak for me. I speak for me. You have no idea who you are dealing with. You can go study your script and become any body you want. We are who we are because that's who we are day in day out.
You" play"a role, we live our lives. You can act anyway you want and never pay the price because its not real. We pay for your mistakes when you ,without permission, speak for us. Do you realize this? No you don't. Why is it the actors guild think they know what the rest of America needs ? Arrogance ?
I am A Veteran. A proud American Veteran. I choose to be who I am . I sat on the wall and watched over your sorry ass and will do it again if asked. Take your little communist ass over to these communist countries and live there without all your money and fanfare and I dare say within weeks you will be crying for momma "USA". You think you know whats going on do you ? Its called Good vs Evil , and to hell with you and your kind if you call my country evil.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join