It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is McCain crazy, stupid or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've been observing the US presidential campaign for some time now. And I saw a guest in a Larry King, questioning McCain's policy on tax cut.

Just like the guest, I also find it rather odd for a presidential candidate to promise tax cut during troop deployment when the government budget is in deficit status.

You don't promise tax cut during budget deficit and deployment. What if the plan doesn't work and the military needs more money?

Secondly from CNN.

Last month, at a town hall meeting in New Hampshire, a crowd member asked McCain about a Bush statement that troops could stay in Iraq for 50 years.

"Maybe 100," McCain replied. "As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, it's fine with me and I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day."

Maybe 100? Why did he say that? No, it's not fine. It looks to me McCain doesn't seem to care about the US soldiers in Iraq. You don't say 100 years en passant. Soldiers' life will always be at risk. And it could severely strain the troop rotation for future missions. And what about the taxpayers' money? He just seems too cozy saying those things. Presidential candidates should strife for less deployment when the military is overstretched.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't think McCain is crazy or stupid. However though he is very tired and edgy from campaigning and needs a nap.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Is McCain crazy, stupid or what?

C'mon now! Do you really have to ask? It's easy.

He's BOTH.

This is a guy who also spoke out AGAINST torture, yet when the time came, decided to vote FOR it.

Hmmm, let's see here:

se·nile /ˈsinaɪl, -nɪl, ˈsɛnaɪl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[see-nahyl, -nil, sen-ahyl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. showing a decline or deterioration of physical strength or mental functioning, esp. short-term memory and alertness, as a result of old age or disease.
2. of or belonging to old age or aged persons; gerontological; geriatric.

Maybe...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Tax cuts have historically brought more revenues to the government. So right now would be the perfect time to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, and also a new round of tax cuts in addition to that would be welcomed.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
What if the plan doesn't work and the military needs more money?

Yes, I'm aware of the plan. The theory is this, if the current tax rate is above the Laffer curve then reducing tax rate will generate more income. That's the theory, and you have to assume the current tax rate is over the Laffer curve.

Don't make such promise though, it is like saying I'll promise tax cut while those soldiers in Iraq are under equipped.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Obviously, i dont like the man, i want to point out something.

I watched him the other day at some function on TV and he looked like and sounded like some part of his brain had been futzed with or he was malfunctioning in some way. I always thought he was personable and smart, but i guess electronics and programming by the government has had a bad impact on his personna. He is bizarre looking and acting now.

As i hear it, Bush was able to hold a conversation before his presidency, so maybe something is being done to McCain?

Just an observation- he has no chance of being president unless there's a coup. Again.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
He is a tool. He is old and tired so he is the perfect tool. Now he has a super computer attached to his heart and is probably on remote control. Look between your sofa cushions and try clicking a few buttons next time he is on TV. See if that helps. If not, try sending your remote device to Jay or David Rockefeller and see if they will reprogram it for you so you watch the McCain of your choice.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't think McCain is crazy or stupid. However though he is very tired and edgy from campaigning and needs a nap.

As long he doesn't "nap" during the presidency. If he's too tired and edgy from campaigning (unlike the others), I don't think it'll get better if he become the president. You have a big problem over there. People who are tired and edgy usually don't make good decision.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Just an observation- he has no chance of being president unless there's a coup. Again.

Odd, he is already seeing Gordon Brown as if he has already won the presidency.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have reach the conclusion that McCain is emotionally unstable. I do have some concern about this especially since Bush Jr looks okay in the beginning. He was younger back then, then somehow he changed after 9/11.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
Now he has a super computer attached to his heart

If you are talking about a pace-maker then this is a false statement. He doesn't have one. Cheney does. McCain does not.

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I also find it rather odd for a presidential candidate to promise tax cut during troop deployment when the government budget is in deficit status.

Tax cuts stimulate the economy. Whereas raising taxes (which obama wants to do) would make it WORSE. Also - our deployment will be cut way back in upcoming months and therefore Iraq won't be costing as much.

Maybe 100? Why did he say that? No, it's not fine. It looks to me McCain doesn't seem to care about the US soldiers in Iraq.

Ya'll weren't listening. Not 100 years of war. 100 years of 'having a presence'. We have bases in Japan, Korea, and Germany. We have a presence in those places. It's good for us for security reasons and it's good economics for the people in those areas. Also - the 'presence' wouldn't be hundreds of thousands of troops like we have now.

HERE he says that the goal is 'no more troops in Iraq'.

[edit on 4/8/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The mantra about tax cuts bringing in more revenue is in the long run bogus.... there is such a thing as the law of deminishing returns ya know and with all the problems facing the country including a deepening dep/recession, cutting taxes would be insane.

Remember FDR spent his way out of the great depression and federal spending created the economic boon of the 50's and 60's.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, I know it is "100 years of having a presence". Read my post again about my concerns. Here's the quote.

You don't say 100 years en passant. Soldiers' life will always be at risk. And it could severely strain the troop rotation for future missions. And what about the taxpayers' money? He just seems too cozy saying those things. Presidential candidates should strife for less deployment when the military is overstretched.

You don't say it 100 just like that, or 10000 just like that. He's just saying those things easily. McCain swaggers when Bush Jr actually regrets his swaggering.

About the tax stimulus, I already address that in the previous post

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
[
Remember FDR spent his way out of the great depression and federal spending created the economic boon of the 50's and 60's.

And right into the Great Welfare State of the present. Thanks FDR! For nothing! FDR destroyed this country, and made several generations reliant not on themselves, but reliant on government.

new topics

top topics

join