It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

:: The Truth of Light ::

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The world is bound by negative energy. With every hate message, terrorist action, retaliation against terrorist, and the fear that binds our minds we are continuing the cycle of negative energy.

If there is to be realistic change on Earth... away from the mass control of the forces that be. We need to realize that we have unlimited potential of positive energy. The more that we give to others our love and kind words, it is a domino effect. I compliment you, you are then put in a good mood, and are nice to the lady at the grocery store who has one item, and you let them go first... she smiles and is maybe nicer to her husband and kids who then give good vibes to others.

The negative vibrations that bind Earth are unreal. We have to allow fear to be gone. Realize that we are spiritual being enjoying a Human experience, and that Earth is just one part of our journey to Oneness.

Religion is a good thing, however religion is used to frequently is create fear in the collective psyche of the ones that practice that religion.

Does God [whichever one you worship] want you to murder others who dont believe the same views as you? Murder creates negative energy, and to retaliate negative energy with more negative energy only makes the negative vibrations binding Earth stronger.

The power of the mind is an amazing thing. By breaking free of the hate we harness for this group or that coilition or this regime or that corrupt governement, we break free of the shackles that enable them to control us.

Many people get so upset that they are being controlled by this government, or these international bankers.

Well do these corrupt officials stop us from going to the gym and working out? Or do they stop us from meditating or praying to our God? Do they make us sit there like zombies watching Television or paying attention to the pointless sporting events or soap operas?

Do they stop us from waking up each morning and realizing that we are a spiritual being having a human experience? Do they stop us from being kind to one another?

They can not control us. Only we can control ourselves. They can create negative vibrations on the Earth and manipulate public opinion but they can not control the positive radiant light that we give to others.

If all of us consciously radiate to others, we will not be stopped. And the triangle of corruption will falter. Light will prevail.

much love,

truthdrug

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yeah..ok..maybe in an idealistic world that would be all fine and dandy... Open your eye's...we don't live there and never will. It's not human nature. We are animal's with animal instinct's.

"Does God [whichever one you worship] want you to murder others who dont believe the same views as you?"

How many time's in the bible has god had people murder other's for not believing in him? Hell...How many time's has god himself murder US for not believing in him!? Bad statement...

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 09:09 AM
link   
James, what this person says about the power of the mind is true...

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yep... In an idealistic world... Too bad we don't live there...

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 07:16 PM
link   
James what are called animalistic tendencies are traits, we use to defend ourselves against a potential threat. It is the abuse of these tendencies which has resulted in what you call an imperfect world.

What I think truthdrug is saying is that reacting, as he or she suggest can't hurt. There are many people who believe that the Earth is a living thing which reacts to us and consequently (like the waves of an ocean) can have an affect on all of us (in response to what individual societies think is real).

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok...Plain and simple...

It is not natural for man to be kind all the time and make everything better. Never has been in our species nor any other that ever existed upon the face of this earth...

This is fanciful wishing that will never happen...

All our 'negative' tendancies are natural instinct's. While it is true some people 'abuse' these, we all have them and face them...

A kind, peacefull world will never happen. So it is pointless to even think of how to bring it about...

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Its not really pointless to consider world peace is possible. If a common goal exist between people then they will work together.

You have to realize James that human emotion is a response to a stimuli not the other way around. In other words if I show you an image of a Cross your response has nothing to do with the image.

If the world agreed with you James you and I probably would not be talking today.

Besides anything is possible and like I said thinking positive thoughts can't hurt.

James have you ever heard of Gia?

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 12:16 PM
link   
my whole point is that we can recondition our responses to the negative energy.

When someone cuts you off while driving, your nature is to get mad, perhaps flip the middle finger cuss and basically ruin the next 20 minutes of your existence in anger, over some 'stupid' person.

Earths leaders are very well aware of the effects of negative vibrations on Earth. On battlefields around the globe, when thousands have fought and died, there are lingering vibrations from the pain and suffering that took place at this location. These vibrations will continue until positive vibrations erase the negative ones on this battlefield.

When 9-11 took place massive amounts of negative energy flowed through the psyche of humans. Not only from from the horror of the visualizaition of the planes hitting the buildings and the people dying, but also from the FEAR that was present in each and every one of us.

Fear controls us through negative vibrations. This is why the media always tells us the potential terrorist plots and threats to keep us off balance and in fear. So we first have to eliminate fear from our being. And replace it with love, unconditional love for the spiritual being in all of us, including the person that cut you off, including the corrupt leaders of the world, and including all that you disagree with.

Im not of course stating that you have to agree with everyone and not be displeased, but you can still send out good vibrations to everyone.

And if, James, and only if, people would consider this an option for living life, then most of the negative dealings and circumstances that occur, wouldnt have power over us.

The collective psyche of an enlightened human/spiritual race would create an existence far beyond anything that we could imagine.

Love begats love, Hate begats hate. the endless cycle.

[Edited on 23-12-2002 by truthdrug]

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG
Yep... In an idealistic world... Too bad we don't live there...

James, just go to the Paranormal forum (energy balls) and you'll see an example of the power of the mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:03 PM
link   
LOL...

You silly people. None of this fall's under something so simple as changing your atttudes... It's not something EVERYONE can do. Negative tendancies are, and always has been, natural instincts. You can't simply turn them off and make everything all better.

I have read that post before, about energy balls... It's a mental thing, not physical. I know, thinking positive won't hurt, but doing it most of the time is damn near impossible for everyone in the world. You can't be positive 99.99999% of your life. Won't happen...all come's down to instinct's/emotions/human nature. All these thing's CAN"T be changed just to make the world's booboo's all better.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"You silly people. None of this fall's under something so simple as changing your atttudes..."

Because changing your attitudes is not simple.

"I have read that post before, about energy balls... It's a mental thing, not physical."

Did you read the part about Winged Wolf using it to hit people in the back of their heads?

"I know, thinking positive won't hurt, but doing it most of the time is damn near impossible for everyone in the world. You can't be positive 99.99999% of your life."

That's because of how your subconscious mind works. It is programmed to make you react in a certain pattern to
similar situations. And it's where your habits are formed/programmed. And as you know, habits are the most difficult things to break.

Let's compare your mind to a computer. Your subconscious mind is like an operating system. Some programs simply can't run on it unless it's updated.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Is this an argument against what I'm saying? It sure don't look like it... Actually... It help's my argument to a degree...

About this whole energy thing... I do believe some thing's are possible, but we can't look beyond the fact that whenever a supposed psycic is studied in the lab, they turn out to be fraud's. They are manipulator's of the mind...nothing more.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 04:48 PM
link   
James, it's half against, half for...

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 09:27 PM
link   
James when you say Silly people in relation to a thread where I have presented a response. One reaction I can have is to laugh, the other is to ignore you and the third is to fight back, that is basic nature.

As far as Negative emotions or responses to a stimuli it all depends on how you are defining the term applied in relation to the stimuli. In other words which of the above was the appropriate thing to do in relation to (in the case of your example) being called Silly.

All animals respond to a stimuli/threat by either fighting, freezing or fleeing. Humans (as well as some other animals in limited ways) have the added dimension of being able to manipulate tools as well as work together towards common goals. A natural conclusion to this effect is that in time, we will apply said technology to achieve goals which billions of people can accomplish by working together (as opposed to today where hundreds of millions work together.

The issue of weather or not EVERYONE can accept this is largely irrelevant and a baseless point in relation to mutual goals set by rational people. Societies deal with that matter every day and as technology progresses, the problem will become easier to manage. Its really all a matter of time James as well as patients, something-rational people have plenty of.

What are your thought?

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 09:46 PM
link   
LOL

"The issue of weather or not EVERYONE can accept this is largely irrelevant and a baseless point in relation to mutual goals set by rational people."

Actually...It's highly relevent. One bad apple spoils the whole lot.

"Societies deal with that matter every day and as technology progresses, the problem will become easier to manage."

Technology, will not change man's mentality, emotion's or instinct's. Unless, of course, it is forced upon. As long as we remain individual's, technology won't change our instinct's.

"Its really all a matter of time James as well as patients, something-rational people have plenty of."

A rational person, would see, that such a thing as complete world peace and happiness is a fantasy. Something unobtainable as long as there is individual thought's...

"All animals respond to a stimuli/threat by either fighting, freezing or fleeing. Humans (as well as some other animals in limited ways) have the added dimension of being able to manipulate tools as well as work together towards common goals."

Not all tool using animal's work together to obtain a common goal.

"A natural conclusion to this effect is that in time, we will apply said technology to achieve goals which billions of people can accomplish by working together (as opposed to today where hundreds of millions work together. "

Why would it take that much more people to obtain such a goal rather than fewer? On a furthur note...Why would technology be needed to obtain said goal?

"As far as Negative emotions or responses to a stimuli it all depends on how you are defining the term applied in relation to the stimuli. In other words which of the above was the appropriate thing to do in relation to (in the case of your example) being called Silly."

Personally, I can't say. The response is dependant upon the individual.

To quote Truthdrug...

"my whole point is that we can recondition our responses to the negative energy."

As I stated... Not everyone can do this, for various reason's. But in order for a truly peacfull world without negativity, this conditioning would be needed by everyone. There are many other aspect's of life that would also needed to be changed as well as our...umm...individuality...

Such a world is impossable as long as you are you and I am me. Are you rational enough to realize that?

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People get together for many reasons James and going from 100s of millions to Billions working together is not as big a problem as you want to think.

There are no bad apples James there are bad ideas and bad methodologies in relation to non-conformity, Brought about by prejudice and misconceptions.

It is known that a person who has the ability to be a great surgeon. Can grow up to be a serial killer under the correct circumstances. I would say the same applies to most people who commit violent crimes.

Individuality is extremely important, but with opportunity come choices (within a society) which offer positive reinforcement and those which result in alternatives.

James if you think that stealing is a great way to take care of your problems, your one day going to wind up in jail. As technology advances, those who consider stealing as better than say getting an education and going to work. The probability that they will go to jail increases. At the same time, opportunity and availability of venues for accesses to vocations. Which are socially appropriate needs to be in line with a reasonable and rational availability (in relation to the population of a society).

For instance there are no Jobs in many part of the world. If you look at the availability of Jobs worldwide and compare them to places in the world where problems exist with the population there is a correlation.

Ergo find a way to offer everyone in the world a Job and violence will decrease. All we really need is recourses James. With an abundance of recourses we can generate so many Jobs that any excuse to be inappropriate (Violent crimes) becomes less of an excuse. And therefore creates a condition where those who do engage in such behavior are accepted as inherently irrational.

From there its a matter of making the proper adjustments creating conditions, which make these irrational people better able to function as a responsible member of society. Its not really as much an issue to changing the individual as much as it is modifying the society to better suit there needs (but nonetheless it is a matter of both working together to a common goal).

A peaceful world is a world where war between nations is not fought. Governments can then invest more time, effort and technology into addressing the violent criminal. Individuality is not so much an issue as it is satisfying the individual, with a means to live within a framework that allows for not only the meeting of basic needs (that is very clear). As a reuslt access to recources which would allow for all to be in control of their destiny within a social framework that allows for diversity would make possible less agressive behavior.

But that does not change the fact that positive thinking will help.

James you have not responded in relation to the issue of the Gia why so?

After all it is part of the topic.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 11:50 PM
link   
"People get together for many reasons James and going from 100s of millions to Billions working together is not as big a problem as you want to think. "

I never said it was a big problem. I said what I said, because you said...

"A natural conclusion to this effect is that in time, we will apply said technology to achieve goals which billions of people can accomplish by working together (as opposed to today where hundreds of millions work together. "

I'm just wondering why you think it would be better with more people, rather than fewer. I just don't understand, how you think that many people would be more beneficial than what we have today...

"There are no bad apples James there are bad ideas and bad methodologies in relation to non-conformity, Brought about by prejudice and misconceptions."

Well...there are no bad apple's? Try explaining your notion's to those with mental problem's. Tell them there problem's are brought about from bad idea's, bad methodologies, and prejudice... I'm sure they'll understand your point of views and politley change thier's for the common good.

" As technology advances, those who consider stealing as better than say getting an education and going to work. The probability that they will go to jail increases."

With the advance in crime fighting technology, also come's the advance of crime commiting technology. Your chance's are more dictated by how poor of a job you do when committing a crime, and your rescources for doing so. Many crime's are commited that go unsolved. They did there job well and had the foresight to do so...Not saying that's a good thing though...

"Ergo find a way to offer everyone in the world a Job and violence will decrease. All we really need is recourses James. With an abundance of recourses we can generate so many Jobs that any excuse to be inappropriate (Violent crimes) becomes less of an excuse. And therefore creates a condition where those who do engage in such behavior are accepted as inherently irrational."

There are some people who hold job's, yet still commit crime's. So, lack of job's doesn't become an excuse for crime. If you already have a criminal mentality, you'll most likley commit a crime when the oppurtunity arise's.

"From there its a matter of making the proper adjustments creating conditions, which make these irrational people better able to function as a responsible member of society. Its not really as much an issue to changing the individual as much as it is modifying the society to better suit there needs (but nonetheless it is a matter of both working together to a common goal)."

It's not as simple as you might like to think. These are some of the step's, but it goes much furthur beyond this. It still requires the help of EVERYONE, which is impossible, making this dream impossible as well.

"A peaceful world is a world where war between nations is not fought. Governments can then invest more time, effort and technology into addressing the violent criminal. Individuality is not so much an issue as it is satisfying the individual, with a means to live within a framework that allows for not only the meeting of basic needs (that is very clear). As a reuslt access to recources which would allow for all to be in control of their destiny within a social framework that allows for diversity would make possible less agressive behavior."

Human's are territorial by nature. A total cease of war will never happen despite the obvious benefits. Agressive behavior is also part of man's nature, as is all other emotional thing's. Simply giving everyone the same chance's won't take it away...

"But that does not change the fact that positive thinking will help."

Your right...As long as EVERYONE practices it. Which...of course...is not possible...

"James you have not responded in relation to the issue of the Gia why so?"

Well...first of all, I don't see how gia has anything to do with human nature and world peace...

Secondly... It's a really bad attempt of defining the earth. We all ready know what the earth is. How or why people still consider this gia thing as something real is beyond me. The thing's that live on earth are alive and do live (to some degree) symbioticly(SP?). But, the earth it's self, is not one whole living organism, as the gia theory would tell us... Hell, how someone who claim's to be a rational person could even consider this, is... beyond me...

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 01:02 AM
link   
James do you know how much of this countries budget is actually spent of fighting crime???

Its funny but in relation to the issue of wars between nations the truth is out there. A review of the history of war of the last 100 years does result in the solution (That is if you look carefully).

In a recent study on of group of mentally ill incorporated a $10,000,000 investment. An actual castle was rented for 2 years. Also all the staff needed to make the lives of 20 psychotic patients conformable and relatively opulent. The improvement in there condition was substantial.

A major factor in relation to mental illness is the environment in which a patient lives. You can take them out of the environment and treat them but eventually they have to return. Majorities of people who have trouble recovering from mental illnesses over a lifetime
Are in fact very poor.

Also in the past society had demands, which today are not as necessary. An example is the advent of technology for construction and heavy labor. What today takes a month in which employees work 8 hours a day would have taken 6 months with employees working twice as long (per day). You can imagine that such a condition as what is today called bipolar disorder can be prevalent. A causative factor in relation to a symptom of a prior cultures social engineering.

Wars are going to end James because of an issue related to how wars have been fought (Cant be any clearer though your going to have to figure it out for yourself).

As far as Gia James, Truthdrug was more specific in his or her most recent post. What do you know about the collective unconscious? Remember the conversation we had about the weave?

Rational people believe in God James, alternatively there are rational people who do not. Your lack of practical knowledge as to why believing in God can be accepted as valid is a factor in why you feel the way you do. That has nothing to do with me, my experiences are different.

The following post is an example I have been exposed to in relation to the issue of Gia. Consider James that this government may actually have similar information.

Primarily the reasons I mention this is because I am of Indian Desent and have have never been to Russia.

[Edited on 24-12-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 01:13 AM
link   
FROM SLAVIC MYSTERIES TO CONTEMPORARY PSI RESEARCH AND BACK, Part 2
by Larissa Vilenskaya
Menlo Park, California

THE SCIENCE OF WISDOM AND THE WISDOM OF SCIENCE: NOTES ON PSI RESEARCH IN THE FORMER SOVIET UNION

"The highest wisdom has but one science--the science of the whole--the science explaining the whole creation and man's place in it."
Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace.
Introduction

In this paper,1 I present some of my observations of para-psychological (psi) research in the former Soviet Union resulting from my trips to Moscow in October/November 1991, September/October of 1992 and to Moscow and Novosibirsk in April of 1993. The last two trips were undertaken together with a colleague from California. While narrative overviews of our findings regarding some aspects of psi research in Russia are presented elsewhere (May and Vilenskaya, 1993, 1994; Vilenskaya and May, 1995), I would like to discuss here the relationship of some of the studied phenomena to shamanism and their implications for understanding our global interconnectedness.
Seeing at a Distance:
Studies in Extrasensory Perception
Remote Viewing in Shamanic Traditions

Among skills described in many shamanic practices is the ability of "vision at a distance" (Eliade, 1972:184). In all shamanic cultures, the shaman is the diviner who, through divination, reveals unknown past events, things and persons lost, and future things to happen (e.g., Basilov, 1984:94, 132, 158; Hulkrantz, 1978:37, 54). In other words, shamans are purported to perceive various kinds of information without known senses and known means of communication. For example, shamanic practitioners among the Sauteaux Indians (the Ojibwa-speaking people of the Berens River in Manitoba, Canada) are believed to possess clairvoyant powers which enable them "to secure news about people who are hundreds of miles away, or learn of events that are taking place in another part of the country, [or] ... discover what is going to happen in the future" (Hallowell, 1942:12). Shamans in Siberia are reported to be "consulted to find men or animals gone astray in the tundra or the snow, to recover a lost object, and so forth" (Eliade, 1972:184). Scientifically, similar abilities are studied in research of extrasensory perception (ESP) or remote viewing. Some ESP Studies in the Former Soviet Union

In the 1970s, Ludmila Korabelnikova, an artist in Moscow, participated in 5,000 ESP trials which employed standard double blind techniques. From them, 109 test series with ESP cards in opaque envelopes (these cards depict five symbols: a star, cross, square, circle, and wavy lines) with 25 trials in each series, i.e., 2,725 trials, resulted, on the average, in 14.5 hits per series (25 trials) instead of the 5 expected by chance. Over 2,000 trials with numbers from 0 to 9 resulted in 14 hits per series (also 25 trials), instead of the average 2.5 expected by chance (Kobzarev, 1984:95 96; Kogan, 1988:226 227).

More recently, Korabelnikova took part in different tests, this time including more varieties of tasks than identification of ESP cards or numbers (Stefanov, 1992). In one of them, she was given rolls of EKG paper with electrocardiograms of patients, all of whom were unknown to her and asked to state whether or not each of the patients was alive at the moment. She reportedly did not make a single mistake. Two interesting details transpired during the test. Once Ludmila said, referring to one roll of EKG paper: "He was dead and now is alive." When she heard herself saying this, she got angry at herself, "I'm sorry for talking nonsense; I must be tired!" It turned out, however, that her "nonsense" made perfect sense: the person whose EKG was given to Ludmila experienced clinical death and was resuscitated. Working with another roll of EKG paper, Ludmila described it in the following way: "There is nothing dead or alive here." This was a calibration curve of the EKG machine (Stefanov, 1992:27).

Unfortunately, Russian researchers do not always give enough methodological details in their reports for the readers to judge whether all sensory clues and conventional modes of receiving information were excluded. We need to maintain closer contacts with our colleagues in Russia and to be able to better understand their experimental and theoretical approaches. To Korabelnikova's credit, she is well-known in Moscow and beyond for her reported success in locating missing persons and other practical tasks.

Vladimir Safonov, a healer and remote perception operator in Moscow, is also often approached by police to locate missing people. Similarly to Korabelnikova, he is reputed to be able to identify whether or not the person was alive and the cause of death, if not. For this purpose, he works with a variety of objects. These include photographs of the deceased individuals (taken when they were alive), undeveloped film, a person's name, and at times even the person's fingerprint (Fomin, 1991a, 1991b). Most of his statements were reportedly correct. In particular, Yuri Fomin (1991b), an engineer in Moscow, described the following experiment:

Safonov was shown the fingerprints of an unknown individual. The person who brought the fingerprints to Safonov did not know anything about the person to whom they belonged. Safonov described the prints as belonging to a shortish woman, slender, with straight hair, aged 30 35, now dead; death had resulted from a blow on the back of her neck, and she was naked when killed. The prints belonged to the dead body of a naked woman indeed. She was in fact killed with a blow on the back of her neck. Her appearance was described correctly (p. 153).

Russian researchers reported other numerous attempts to apply remote perception to various practical tasks. Some of them are discussed below.
Applied Remote Viewing

Carefully designed studies of remote viewing have been conducted in this country since the early 1970s (e.g., Puthoff, Targ, and May, 1981; May, 1995). Our Russian colleagues seem to focus their efforts more on applied aspects of remote viewing rather than on experimental research. While in Moscow, I met with Ivan Sokolov, head of the Center of Alternative Diagnostics in St. Petersburg, and Anna Smirnova, an associate of this center. For the past several years, this group has reportedly been using remote viewing for solving practical tasks in geology, construction, engineering, and ecology. Specific tasks included a search for ore and mineral deposites; e.g., one of the projects involved a search for kimberlite pipes--diamond deposits in Siberia; as well as a search for structural and technological faults in buildings and technological equipment. Sokolov also talked at length about their recent ecological project performed for city of St. Petersburg in which they identified the areas contaminated by heavy metals in the vicinity of the territory called Krasny Bor in the St. Petersburg province.2
Action at a Distance: Psychokinesis
"Distant Influence" in Shamanic Traditions

It is maintained in many cultures that some individuals are capable of affecting the surrounding world by yet unknown means. Some shamans, such as those on the Chukotka Peninsula and Altaian yadachi, are believed to be able to influence the future, in particular the weather, to cause and stop snow storms, rain or hail (Basilov, 1984:15; Czaplicka, 1914:200; Hulkrantz, 1978:37). The Beaver Indians of northeastern British Columbia believe that they can affect creation "through a combination of thought and will" (Mills, 1982, p. 37). "If one wants to stop someone in his course of action ...," they hold, "imbuing one's thoughts with power, or mayine [as they call it], and directing them mentally to that person has the effect of bringing about the state desired" (ibid.).
Soviet Studies

Psi research programs in the Soviet Union have primarily focused on experimental studies in "distant influence" on animate and inanimate systems, i.e., the phenomena termed psychokinesis (PK) and bio-PK by Western researchers ((e.g., Vilenskaya, 1984; May and Vilenskaya, 1993). Bio-PK effects have been studied in Russia at all levels of complexity of natural systems, i.e., solutions of organic substances, tissue cultures and micro-organisms, plants, animals, humans. Some of these studies conducted in the former Soviet Union are reviewed below. A paper by Braud and Schlitz (1991) provides a good overview of respective Western studies for interested readers.

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 01:14 AM
link   
In studies by Konstantin A. Chernoschekov and Alexei V. Lepekhin (1993) from Tomsk Medical Institute in Siberia, 17 operators attempted to affect several kind of enterobacteria. In 28 instances (26.9%) from 104 experimental series, a change in the inherited properties of bacteria was observed. Another researcher, Yevgeny G. Bondarenko, demonstrated in his experiments that some individuals were capable of affecting certain properties of blood red cells in vitro.

Bondarenko also was an operator in another study in which he was asked to affect hybrid cells that contained a double set of chromosomes from two of their predecessors (i.e., normal cells of a mouse's spleen and a tumor line of cells also obtained from a mouse). In these tests, an inhibition of the growth of cellular clones of the hybrids with dominating activity of the genes of tumor origin was found (Tyagotin and Bondarenko, 1991).

A well-known sensitive and healer, Djuna Davitashvili, was asked to affect a kidney cell culture. She held her hands at a distance of 10 to 20 cm from a container with the culture for 7 to 10 minutes. After 24, 48, and 72 hours, histological studies were conducted. In seven series of experiments it was established that the relative number of mitoses throughout the given area in test cultures was 20 to 30% higher, as compared to the control (Kazna-cheyev, Mikhailova, and Vladimirsky, 1990:85; Kaznacheyev and Trofimov, 1992:69).

Another sensitive and healer, Yevgeny A. Dubitsky, while in Moscow, attempted to affect tissue cultures in Novosibirsk. The cells were in three test tubes each marked by red, blue, or green. In Moscow, Dubitsky chose the color of the test tube he wanted to work with in Novosibirsk, leaving the other two as controls, and informed one of the experimenters (who later did not work with the tissue cultures) of his chosen color. After he attempted to affect the tissue culture in the selected test tube, researchers in Novosibirsk studied RNA synthesis in all three test tubes and found it different in the affected culture as compared with the other two (Mikhailova, Merenkova, and Feldman, 1991:5).
Experiments with Plants

A study conducted at the Research Institute of Fine Mechanics and Optics in St. Petrsburg involved a sprout of corn (or another plant) placed in an aqueous-alcohol solution, which also contained a dye changing its color with a change in the acidity/alkalinity (pH) of the solution. The test-tube was tightly closed, and an operator was asked to affect the solution at a certain distance, while pH of the solution was measured. There also was a control test-tube, not affected by the operator, with the same kind of a sprout and the same solution. In the test solution, a change in pH was observed from 4.9 to 6.44, while no noticeable change was found in the control solution (Dulnev, 1990:5-6).

On the one hand, this study reportedly yielded positive outcome. On the other hand, it is not convincing because of drawbacks in the reporting style of our Russian colleagues. In particular, this report does not contain: the total number of trials, the distance between the operator and the test-tube, whether interchangeable attempts to affect test and control test-tubes were implemented, and whether the order of test and control trials was randomized. The following studies were reported using somewhat better standards.

A group of researchers from the Russian Agricultural Academy in Moscow (Morozova, Polikarpov, Suponitsky, and Ilyina, 1991) describe several series of experiments which involved a human operator effect on plant seeds resulting in an increase in germination of the seeds. In other tests, operators were reportedly capable of stimulating or retarding plant growth, as well as causing two sprouts from one wheat seed (according to the authors, this phenomenon was observed spontaneously in one of 967 control seeds, but in one or two seeds from every 10 to 15 seeds subjected to an operator's influence).

In experiments with kidney beans, sprouts of the seeds subjected to an operator's influence had an additional number of leaves (with the control seeds, in one series, one sprout from 38 control seeds showed this effect while four sprouts from 10 test seeds showed it; in another series, four sprouts from 31 control plants showed the effect while 14 sprouts from 32 test plants showed it). Further studies by Morozova, Dolin, and Suponitsky (1993) confirmed that some operators were capable of affecting plant seeds in such a way as to cause irreversible changes in various plants, such as an increase in the germination of seeds or an increase in the frequency of natural mutations.

Dr. Yuri S. Dolin, a biophysicist in Moscow, has conducted a number of bio-PK experiments together with a group of researchers in the Ukraine, which also involved a human operator's "distant influence" on plant seeds (Tkachuk, et al., 1992). Enzyme activity in some metabolic processes in winter wheat plants grown from "treated" seeds, as compared to "untreated" seeds, was studied. Three-minute exposure of the seeds to "distant influence" turned out to be more effective than nine-minute exposure. In another test series, the pigment content and chloroplast leaf cell photochemical activity of plants were studied after an operator's influence on winter wheat seeds. Again, three-minute influence turned out to be more effective than nine-minute influence.

Back in early 1970s, Veniamin N. Pushkin of the Research Institute of General and Pedagogical Psychology in Moscow reported that changes in the psychophysiological state of a person in hypnosis or through self-regulation affected the electro-physiological activity of plants (Dubrov and Pushkin, 1982:94-99). Recently Yuri S. Dolin and his associates confirmed these findings in carefully designed experiments (Dolin, Davydov, Morozova, and Shumov, 1993).
Experiments with Animals

Dr. Dmitry G. Mirza, head of the Research Division of the National Center for Traditional Folk Medicine in Moscow, and his associate V. I. Kartsev conducted three experimental series on bio-PK (healing) influence on gray mice exposed to lethal doses of ionizing radiation (Kartsev, 1993). The mice were subjected to 850, 900, and 915 rad from a Cs137 source in the first, second, and third series, respectively. All the mice for each series (i.e., the test and control groups) were irradiated simultaneously with the 30 rad/min dose power. There were 10 mice in each test and 10 in each control group (with one exception in the second series where one test group contained nine mice).

The results of the second and third series are most interesting. There were four experimental and four control groups in the second series that was conducted beginning August 13, 1991. For controls, the mortality was 100%, i.e., all 40 mice died without a single one surviving the 19th day after the irradiation. In the test groups, in 19 days, the mortality was 90%, 50%, 40%, and 22% (the last was in the group of nine mice), respectively. While other operators worked at relatively small distances (meters from the mice), the operator who turned out to be the most successful affected mice located in Moscow from the town of Yalta in the Crimea, at a distance of about 800 miles. In January 1993, 15 mice from 39 in the test group were still alive as compared to zero in the control group. In the third series, nine out of 10 animals in one test subgroup and all 10 in another subgroup survived, as compared to three mice in the control group.
Bio-PK Effect on Human Physiology

Dr. Yuri S. Dolin, whose experiments with plants we discussed above, showed us the equipment and design of another interesting experiment. In this test, a subject was located in a dark, sound-proof, electrically shielded chamber, his electroencephalogram (EEG) was monitored, and changes in the brain wave spectrum as the result of remote attention were recorded. The recorded variable was the relative alpha power change during effort compared to control periods. There were experiments conducted both at short distances, when an operator was from 5 to 100 meters from the subject ("receiver"), and at longer distances, from 1 to 10 km. The choice whether a given trial was a test or control and the direction of influence (activation or inhibition of the subject's alpha rhythm) were determined randomly. The subject was not aware whether the given trial was a test or control. With four operators and two receivers, 109 trials were conducted: 53 control and 56 test trials. From these, 21 test trials had the operator attempting "activation" of the subject (thereby intending to decrease the subject's alpha power) and 21 test trials attempted "inhibition," thereby intending to increase the subject's alpha power; in the rest of the test trials the direction of effect was not specified. The results were statistically significant indicating that a person seems to be able to affect alpha power of the sensory-isolated receivers (Dolin, Dymov, and Khatchenkov, 1993).

Operators' method of "distant influence" in this study reminds us of above-mentioned shamanic concepts of "bringing about the state desired" through a "combination of thought and will" of another person (Mills, 1982:37). During the bio-PK session, the operator attempts mentally to "impose" on the subject an image of an event which would be pleasant (in calming-down trials) or upsetting for the subject. It was specifically pointed out that if the operator attempts to "impose" a picture which may be upsetting for someone, but which is not a part of the life or experience of this particular subject, it does not work: the operator has to know what can be emotionally arousing or upsetting (or pleasant) for this particular person.

Although I did participate in some tests using this stimulation vs. inhibition approach, I personally would prefer to send love instead of upsetting images. Rein and McCraty (1993) in this country reported that coherent heart frequencies of individuals focusing on generating deep feelings of love, care or appreciation, caused conformational changes of DNA from distances of up to 0.5 miles from the test area. Perhaps this model will lead us to a better understanding of unity in living nature.
Oneness: Evidence for Global Interconnectedness

Traditional Slavic mythological views and folk healing practices discussed in the previous paper of this series are supported by results of modern parapsychological studies. In reviewing publications in the field of psi research in the former Soviet Union, I came across findings describing interactions at all levels of biological systems hierarchy, i.e., between tissue cultures, plants, animals, and humans.

About 25 years ago, Vlail P. Kaznacheyev, a member of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences, and his associates discovered a phenomenon of communication between cells. In their tests, one tissue culture was infected by a virus or subjected to an influence of lethal poison and placed in "optical contact" (occurring through quartz glass which is transparent to ultraviolet light) with an intact culture. According to methodological details published by the researchers, accidental contamination of the second culture was reliably excluded. A number of hours later, the cells in the second culture, as if showing "empathy" with their infected counterparts, died with the same specific features of cell death as in the infected culture. The "transmission" of toxicity was reportedly successful for poison and viruses; however, the pattern of cellular death was different, specific for each toxic agent (Kaznacheyev and Mikhailova, 1981, 1985). Interaction between cell cultures in various conditions of their growth, at different distances from each other, was also studied by a number of other researchers in the former Soviet Union, including Kirkin (1981), Molchanov (1985), and Mostovnikov and Khokhlov (1977).

It was also found that non-radiated plants were apparently capable of relieving radiation injuries in radiated plants at a distance (Sanayev and Zorina, 1977:80). Nikolai Sochevanov (1980) in Moscow observed a response of a plant to a "drastic" stimulation of another plant by an electric shock or burn at a distance of up to 800 meters. In the 1970s and 1980s, Sergey Speransky (1983, 1990) from Novosibirsk demonstrated "anomalous" communication between two groups of white mice. Distant synchronization of changes in animal electroencephalograms was observed by researchers in Simferopol (Makeyev, Volvovskaya, and Rebezova, 1975:319). A study conducted in Novosibirsk back in the late 1960s discovered communication between rabbits at a distance of up to 7 km (Perov, 1984).

These findings emphasize a more profound meaning in the worldviews of native people who "practice, and believe in, a kind of telepathy between people, animals and plants; indeed between all elements of creation" (Mills, 1982:37). They also remind us of interconnection between different dimensions in our own lives--logical and intuitive, scientific and spiritual. By perceiving these dimensions not as opposite but complementary, we restore balance and richness to our lives. In accepting transpersonal view of reality, it is important to remind ourselves from time to time: "You are all included as part of All That Is... The ONE"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join