It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaime Maussan Hoaxer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Is Jaime Maussan a hoaxer?

How should we label this guy?
Is he promoting too many hoaxed cases to not be anything more than a hoaxer, or is he only too eager and trusty to not be able to make his own real and verified investigations into the cases he present and promote?

Is everything he present suspicious because of this, can we trust anything he present?

Could some of the material he present be real? Can he then also be some sort of an disinformant agent?
Jaime Maussan to me, is something of an unknown...

Or has this been established already?

[Mod Edit - Tittle]

[edit on 22/3/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Good point,I`ve been humming and hawing over this one for a while,
I`ve posted a reply to a thread on some very suspect pics of Greys.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you watch interviews of him he always looks out his box to me,
drugged or otherwise.Maybe he is being used to ridicule the subject
I don`t know,but he always comes across as not being 100% there
to me,slurring his words,glassy eyes etc.
He first appeared on the scene in the early 90`s doing interviews for
the UK`s UFO Magazine run by Graham Birdshall,and just seemed to
agree that every film or photographic evidence was the real deal,now
we know better.
To me he`s a patsy,someone put there to muddy the water.
So yes I believe him to be a fake,I may be wrong,but something
does not ring true with him.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Agreed, everything he seems to present somehow (the footage that gets publicity) always gets debunked.

So why is he doing this....
I dont think it's for fame, he had that already, and money.
(he was quite a successful journalist before this also)

Anyways, he is weird

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A hoaxer no but he don't have problem to take fake as proof, another one who try to convince by any means necessary.

Franckly when i see a video or anything from or with him, i just pass my way, you can't know if it is true or not and then you loose your time.

My view is he should be ban from the ufology scene for that, if i had not seen some ufo when i was a kid, i'll be very skeptic yet especially with all the hoaxes and the people like Mr Maussan!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I see him more as naive than anything else. He's willing to believe in anyone who claims to have proof. So, when people see this he'll be the first one they send their hoaxes to, which explains why he promotes so many. This also hurts his credibility, so people with actual footage will be less willing to send it to him. He'd probably be just as willing to promote actual footage as fake. So, a discredit to ufology? Yes. A hoaxer or disinfo agent? No. Just misguided in his research methods.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have to agree that he is naive more than anything else, also we must remember that he has a backround in journalism in Mexico, have you ever seen the Telemondo?. It is all about sensacionalism, and tabloid style "news shows", and telenovelas of course.

Maussan is just trying to become an authority in the subject for Mexicans, and show as much "proof" as possible, even if it is sometimes plain hoaxes.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
At last something i can comment on with the most sincere and heartfelt truth.

I was lucky enough to meet Jaime when he came to England a few years back as part of his investigation into Crop Circles, More interestingly the supposed reply to the message sent to the M13 star cluster in 1974, the reply came in the alleged shape of a crop formation,

Message sent link

www.space.com...

Message received link

comunidad.ciudad.com.ar...

I found him to be a very down to earth man, always thinking about things having effect on other people and their research, very polite, nothing to hide that i could see, very detailed in his research always asking questions nobody else seemed to think of.

I promise you if this man is a fake then im Mr Magoo, and im sure anyone else who has met him and his team will say the exact same thing.

In my opinion he is the top of his field very professional who was targeted by certain aspects of the Mexican Media, However the Media plot was uncovered with the lampost alien abduction incident came out, they ridiculed him something ruthless, but then it came out that the media had decided to call some local kids who where involved liars, and they proved the media wrong, plus the fact that to this day there is residual radiation at the exact same spot nobody can explain, and there is an open invitation to anyone on Planet earth to explain what happened and why this radiation just hovers in mid air at the exact same spot the alien was filmed.

This has been covered here on ATS before a few times, even Linda Moulton Howe has nice wonderful things to say about him, and she is not on my list of fav investigators.

IMO he is genuine and truthful, he can only investigate what people report, and time and time again even in his lectures he tells the audience to go and check the information for themselves and i agree its easy enough to double check his findings online.

PS the pictures of the aliens that the OP put up for us to see can be seen and explained on his 2005 international UFO conference video here.

video.google.co.uk...

Perhaps he can be a little naive but is not the world of UFO investigation about accepting proof even if it turns out to be false? investigations always have to start somewhere, he just looks at all the evidence and does not judge because of its label. yup i guess your right im a huge Jaime maussan fan simply because he offers up so much information backed by witnesses, footage,pictures, fieldwork,questioning,visiting the sites personally,if anything he is dedicated to what we all want to know, are UFOs real. sorry let me rephrase are ET UFOs real, and who is driving the ones built on planet earth?

AZZ

[edit on 20/3/2008 by azzllin] to add video link etc.

[edit on 20/3/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A lot of 'his' aliens look like paper cut-outs.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
A lot of 'his' aliens look like paper cut-outs.

That is my point paper cut outs, but they are not his, they are passed to him in his investigations, he follows them up if he cant disprove them he passes them to us so we can decide.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Jaime Maussan is NOT naive!!! He has been around the whole UFOlogy thing since before 1991, he has something like 17 or more years on this subject. The man has websites and a show where he promotes his videos and other stuff for sale. His company is called Maussanproduciones. In it, he SELLS the videos that the poor people film and give to him to be analyzed. He in turn profits from them. The man is a dirty skunk!

Here I will show you some of his websites. Click Here

This page exposes his scams and other evil behavior (Sorry it’s in Spanish). He is exposed by a famous Mexican Pilot.
Clik Here

This man should be jailed for hurting the whole UFO topic altogether.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

Well who isn't selling their UFO material today?

And it would be helpful with a translation on that spanish

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I've posted on Jaime before. It certainly seems he will take any evidence whatsoever and try and tell you it is of ET origin whether or not he is hoaxing or just being gullible I do not know.

One thing he has done though is start 'Skywatchers' (I think that the title they call themselves) in his home country he has a TV show and it has a pretty b ig audience to my knowledge - he has all most of his viewers out there with their video camera's and sometimes he gets genuinly good footage.

top topics

join