It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney again links Iraq invasion to 9/11 attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Cheney again links Iraq invasion to 9/11 attacks

www.miamiherald.com

Cheney, who spent the night at a sprawling U.S. base in the northern town of Balad, told soldiers they were defending future generations of Americans from terrorism.

"This long-term struggle became urgent on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. That day we clearly saw that dangers can gather far from our own shores and find us right there at home", said Cheney, who was accompanied by his wife, Lynne, and their daughter, Elizabeth.

"So the United States made a decision: to hunt down the evil..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
No end in sight to the lies.

No respect for the truth.

These US maniacs.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
They arent crazy, they are just evil people with a lust for power. People like that do a lot of harm when running the most militaristic country in the world.

Lots of people are buying his lies, and even now when 2/3 of Americans doesnt, he doesnt care. Heck, 99% could disagree and it wouldnt matter.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Defiant. That's what he is among many other things, like criminal.

And if you tell the people something over and over they will beleive it- or will they???

I think they underestimate Americans and their ability to think for themselves and see this lie and those to come for what it really is.

Whatever the strategy, it isnt working, oh evil one!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Good, Copernicus, star!

You're right, Darth Cheney's evil lust for power doesn't make him crazy;

It makes him TOTALLY INSANE !

" Abuse the Force, Luke ! "

[edit on 3/20/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Cheney and Bush are pushing in the wrong direction against the natural forces in the universe. They will be stunned when the universe pushes back. And it will soon.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The really sick thing is...there are those people out there who STILL believe them!!!??? It's just plain madness! I don't understand how anyone can give these Nazi scum the time of day. First he says there is a connection between Iraq and 9/11, then he goes on television and says that he never said that. Now, he's going back to what he said before and linking the two together. When will it end.
A quote comes to mind that still rings true today, even in our "civilized" times;
“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”--Joseph Goebbels

You would think that after all these years we Americans would not fall into the same trap....apparently NOT!!

Purduegrad05

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Insaney is still claiming that we went into Iraq because of their connection to the CIA-created 'Al Qaeda' and yet the Pentagon THEMSELVES just concluded after an 'exhaustive' study, there was NO LINK WHATSOEVER.

Insaney and Decider truly believe if they just keep repeating the same lies over and over again, that in fairy-tale-magic-land they will become true.

These two slime-bags need to be brought up on War crimes and be locked away for the rest of their evil lives.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
how about linking dick cheney to 9/11?

I can imagine a conservation that went something like this.

B: We have recieved intelligence that Al Qeada is getting ready to attack New York and Washington from the air and I don't know what to do... I think I just peed myself.

C: Either its nothing or it is. If its nothing we don't have to worry. If it is something just let it happen and then milk it for everything we can... of course we can never let this conservation become public or our goose is cooked.

George go change your pants, big bird's is about to come on and leave the thinking to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I actually created a thread about this very same topic this week:

Linking 911 to Iraq as a reason for invading

I am not going to copy and paste every link into this thread, but its worth reading if you are interested in this subject.

These people really do not care about reality. They're only interested in their version of reality.

If that includes bombing innocent civilians for war profits, they'll do it. No problems there.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm no conservative (I'm about as left-wing as a reasonable person can get), but I don't see that Cheney linked Iraq with the 9/11 attacks directly, only that 9/11 showed the US that it can't ignore external threats, as they will become a problem for the US mainland. Which doesn't excuse him entirely from asshattery, only that now the ridiculous assertion he's making isn't that Iraq played a part in 9/11, but that Iraq was able to attack the US before the invasion.

Which, of course, is hilarious, but not for the reason stated in the OP.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

If you say Iraq and 911 at same time, with same hooks, then its linked, no matter how you put your words.

In brainwash just words matters, not what you say, because its all about playing with impulses.

Its the .lines what matters, subjects, and tones in the words.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Defiant. That's what he is among many other things, like criminal.

And if you tell the people something over and over they will beleive it- or will they???

I think they underestimate Americans and their ability to think for themselves and see this lie and those to come for what it really is.

Whatever the strategy, it isnt working, oh evil one!

I have to disagree. It's been working perfectly for the last 7 years.

They're still in office.

They're still making trillions.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
Cheney and Bush are pushing in the wrong direction against the natural forces in the universe. They will be stunned when the universe pushes back. And it will soon.

I hope it's more than just the universe. If you get my drift.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purduegrad05
I don't understand how anyone can give these Nazi scum the time of day.

Going by your Nazi comparison. How did the Nazis get away with what they were doing for so long? If it wasn't for the Allies, they would have continued unretarded. I believe even Hitler had a better approval rating than Bush and Cheney.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
repeat a lie enough and becomes truth...

i posted this in december..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They sure are, Silenceisall! And not soon enough!

By the time the war crimes trial begins for Chumley, he'll probably be
living with Bush, in Paraguay!

No extradiction! bummer...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What a complete crackpot he is.

new topics

top topics

join