It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter a pagan holy roman lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

“Easter” is simply one of the names of a woman who mightily deceived the world and whose religion has caused untold suffering and misery.[14] She was clearly an enemy of Christianity, and her son Tammuz was an anti-Christ, a false messiah that ultimately deceived millions.

If you are Christian, it is not difficult to discern the bizarre deception and confusion that Satan has successfully orchestrated. For example, notice the embarrassing irony in these traditions which are practiced innocently by most people. They are repeated year after year, because they have become traditional and their origin is unknown to many.

Easter truth

Easter in the book of acts is a deliberate mistranslation by roman catholic pagan scribes...........

The name "Easter" is never mentioned in the original Scriptures. However, one English translation of the Bible does use the word. The King James Version chose to translate Acts 12:4 like this:

"And when he [Herod the King] had apprehended him [Peter], he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
The book of Acts was originally written in the Greek language by the Christian Gentile and physician Luke. The Greek word that the King James Version translates as "Easter" is most certainly not the name "Easter," it is actually the word "Pascha" (Hebrew: Pesach) which means "Passover" - and this is how all accurate translations show it. For example, the New King James Version says,

"So when he had arrested him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four squads of soldiers to keep him, intending to bring him before the people after Passover."
It was during an annual Passover celebration that Jesus was killed at Jerusalem. Passover was an annual Jewish religious celebration instituted by God (Leviticus 23:5). It dates from the time of Moses when God delivered the Israelites from bondage and spared their first-borns when all first-borns in Egypt died (Exodus 12:11f; Numbers 9:2f; Deuteronomy 16:1f; 2 Kings 23:21f).

Scribe lies

The traditional easter observance is an abomination to GOD and leads "want-to-be" christians astray from the true holy days of the Lord.

What could be a greater conspiracy than to lead christians to worship baal rather than Jesus...........

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
www.piney.com...

interesting read on the origins of easter and thier relation to christianity

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

It's true. Most of our traditions are from pagan roots.
That's why God calls the woman in Revelation 17 a whore, because she plays the harlot against him, taking trinkets and lovers aside from God!
But, it comes from Babylon. That is the mother of ALL false religion.

We are pretty uncelebratory when it comes to Easter, Halloween, and christmas.
We only do what we have to for family and children.
People used to mistake us for Jehovah witnesses, when we were stricter, but, I told them the Pilgrims didn't celebrate Christmas, et al.

I've even heard that Thanksgiving has pagan roots. ???????

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Yes, Easter by way of its origin is surely not in line with anything we find by way of truth in the scriptures. It always seemed strange to me, of all the scriptures in the New Testament that make mention of the word Passover, the translators willingly, so it seemed, to leave Easter in Acts 12:4. You notice that I said, so it seems .

Take note of Acts 12:3, Herod commands the taking of Peter, after having killed James. When Herod takes Peter it clearly states: Then were the days of Unleavened Bread. Please keep this in mind and now read these two set of scriptures below:

In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. (Leviticus 23:5-6)

And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD. And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten. (Numbers 28:16-17)

Notice the order:

• 14th Day-First Month: PASSOVER
  • 15th Day-First Month: UNLEAVENED BREAD

Please go back to Acts 12:4 and notice: Peter was taken during the Days of Unleavened Bread. Passover, which came on the 14th, had passed, and now Peter was being held until Easter had passed, not Passover. Passover had come and gone.

To say that the use of Easter in the KJV is a mistranslation, is incorrect. If we say Easter is actually Passover in Acts 12:4, then according to Numbers and Leviticus, the Jews are observing it backwards. First comes Passover, then, Days of Unleavened Bread.

The translation of Easter is correct and is referring to the Roman Pagan holiday which was celebrated as a festival in the Spring, coinciding closely to Passover.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Happy Ostara, y'all!

A little bit about Otstara should anyone be interested...

Ostara lore

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey

To say that the use of Easter in the KJV is a mistranslation, is incorrect.

Ahhh, the actual greek word used in the original text is "Pascha" (Hebrew: Pesach) which means "Passover" There are approx 26 other uses of this word in the bible and all are translated "Passover" except for this one. That can not be a coincidence.............

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I've even heard that Thanksgiving has pagan roots. ???????

No I am aware that how it has been taught recently in "PUBLIC" school is wrong. It was the puritans who shared (their) bounty with the locals after giving up the "collective" and turning to individual production and land ownership.

I would think Thanksgiving is closed to the "feast of tabernacles"....

If I am wrong enlighten me please....

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Look up the story of the hot cross bun, a pagan tradition stolen and trademarked.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The Greek does say passover for Acts 12:4.
www.blueletterbible.org...

pascha
1) the paschal sacrifice (which was accustomed to be offered for the people's deliverance of old from Egypt)

2) the paschal lamb, i.e. the lamb the Israelites were accustomed to slay and eat on the fourteenth day of the month of Nisan (the first month of their year) in memory of the day on which their fathers, preparing to depart from Egypt, were bidden by God to slay and eat a lamb, and to sprinkle their door posts with its blood, that the destroying angel, seeing the blood, might pass over their dwellings; Christ crucified is likened to the slain paschal lamb

3) the paschal supper

4) the paschal feast, the feast of the Passover, extending from the 14th to the 20th day of the month Nisan

It seems like your both right, but the days of unleavened bread were after passover, so it was a little longer than passover. Maybe the Greek is wrong?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No this is once again a false judgemeant by protestants...

First of all before 1500 no church existed expect catholic and it has breeded saint after saint, and It is biblical, and they created easter to counter act the pagan festivals... Not only is the church bibl;ical, but communion is, confession is, and the sunday sabbath is..

But more importantly catholic faith has been around 1500 years before any protestants existed, but protestanism happened because it was predicted to happen and it was the revolt that has to happen before antichrist arrival..

I am so sick of this stuff.... people coming in here without knowing why these holidays are here judging the entire faith of Christ...

Now let me go dig up some real info I learned over the years and I will be back to explain this stuff..

The church is the bride of Christ, the one that existed years decades before anything else and it has produced saints, miracles, stigmatist, saints who raised the dead, saints who cured blind people//

what else proof do you need?

peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Hey Whanmmy!

Well, surely, what I said can't be written in stone and I perhaps did close too bold!
As if, I have the last word on this.

You are correct in what you presented in your post regarding all which has to do with the Passover.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

I am thinking the translators were trying to make an editorial clarification by using easter.. based on their opinion on when it happened.

top topics

join