It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Mary statue sheds tears at Easter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Virgin Mary statue sheds tears at Easter

www.metro.co.uk

Thousands of people have flocked to see a statue of the Virgin Mary which has reportedly been crying.

The village of Pedro Escobedo in Mexico has been inundated with visitors to watch the statue shedding tears.

The figure is just over 1m in length, and has been in the village chapel for two years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The case is being studied and has not be declared a mircale yet, however, it is very interesting this has occured.

Some people interrupt moments like this as warning, the Holy Mother tends to make herself known before a major event.

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Or perhaps a reminder that the roof needs to be fixed or a condensation problem maybe.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

LOL,

I remember a show on a few years ago that studied many of the occurances across the globe.

As some were found to be 'explainable', many were deemed 'unexplainable'.

Interesting subject none-the-less.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If you view the link, the picture clearly shows tears..

but nothing gets confirmed until the Vatican has investigated the claim.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I did look at the picture and yes there is water trickling from the eye area. Whether that is a miracle depends entirely upon whether you believe in miracles.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
What ever the cause, is it so wrong, that it gives people faith in god. Whats so wrong with giving people faith, for you non religious people here?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

People in the village said they had taken the statue on a bicycle pilgrimage to the nearby town of Soriano. The tears were detected upon its return.

No wonder she's crying. Bicycle seats bring tears to my eyes everytime.

Something's really messed up with these people, first the statue looks like Malibu Stacy with blue eyes and enough make-up to shame a $2 whore. Then they take it on day trips around the county? Like what, our Virgin Mary's better than your Virgin Mary? I don't get it..

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
lets say for a moment that this was somehow 'true'. what would be the significance of this? what is this supposed to symbolize?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Surely a miracle would be something like the statue talking or moving or something? Seems a bit suspect that it was taken on a 'bicycle pilgrimage' and the 'tears' were detected upon its return.

Pity there's no live cam on it so we could see it crying in realtime, or was it just a one-off couple of tears? Perhaps it was just a burst of hayfever

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
My mother-In-law went to Majegorie (sp) on a pilgrimage a couple of years ago, and the guide/presenter could actually give the group the time of when the 'miracles' were going to occur.

One such miracle they were able to set there watches by was a vision of Mary over the cross located on one of the hills.

She even received pictures (supposedly from people in her group-collectively), showing anomalies and apparitions of the Virgin Mary in various locations. (some of which seemed 'old', and not very believable)

She is a total believer and would like to go back some day.

Myself.... still skeptical.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The significance if true is that something is terribly wrong in the world and it is a warning and a call to prayer, and a call to turn back to God.

There is a major increase in this phenomenon over the past century as the world deteriorates spiritually, along with claims of visions. Many are deemed "not legitimate" (true/real miracles), but even the ones that do come back as no earthly explanation are rising across the globe exponentially.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

This got a good chuckle from me, that it did.

Anyway, i always thought statues of religious icons showing displeasure over the state of affairs symbolised the coming of hell on earth?

If someone has a link where i can read up a little more on the nature of this supposed 'miracle' it'll be greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
What ever the cause, is it so wrong, that it gives people faith in god. Whats so wrong with giving people faith, for you non religious people here?

Yeah, it is wrong. Because God doesn't exist and a manipulated statue most likely by human hand made to be seen as crying is nothing more than a trick and a deception. The same way God has always ruled and the same way religion has always had its way.

No, there are no miracles. Everything is explainable. Miracles are for those who lack knowledge of an event and don't have enough heart to investigate it for themselves, it's also for the weak and low of moral and intellect; these types of people are always highly mal-emotional, despicably logical and dangerously fanatic.

I see this as a challenge to scientists and athiests around the world to study these things, tell the people what is going on, and make a name for themselves to rid our world of this evil and shady institution once and for all.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
gosh i'm sorry but this is really silly

people actually believe this stuff? my mom told me stop believing in things like this when i was around 10 or 11. boy i'm glad she did too

new topics

top topics

join