It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

License to drive...I say license to procreate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Children are a blessing from God, but if you are required to have a license to drive, why would you not be required to have a license to have children?. Sex is easy, most anyone can do it, but what about the consequences????.

This post has nothing to do with the NWO, or the population control agenda of any group.

It is just a personal thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

it's a good idea.....

what would one need to gain a license..??

an income for a start surely? to be able to clothe and feed your offspring

without outside assistance.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, since most of us are bastards anyway I don't think it would make much difference.

Reminds me of a film... what was that called? Someone says you need a license to go fishing, but you don't for children.

[edit on 20/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Perhaps good in theory..but sometimes the best people in the world are those who have come from a dysfunctional, or poverty stricken family, just because they had a burning desire to be better people.
This would border on Orwellian tactics if put into practice methinks.
I see your point though..but I do not believe it would solve anything.
Sometimes the best parents still bring forth a troubled person into the world.
Who would get to choose? What would the criteria be?
A good job with enough income? In todays society a company can be downsized in a NY minute and your career gone. What then? Do you lose your child?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
completely see your point and i've actually thought of that as well. some people just don't need to breed, but as the others said it just isn't practical and it wouldn't be fair to everyone. what would the income minimum be? how many would i be permitted to have? if twins came out and i was only licensed for one would i go to jail?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We originally put on this planet free people.
In a perfect world things would still be this way, and we would be free to do whatever we desire.
Unfortunately, this isn't so, as we have restrictions places on us to protect us from, well, ourselves. Strange when you think about it.
Making it mandatory to have a license to have sex would have disastrous consequences.
Imagine the massive increase in rape there would be as people who for some reason or other can't obtain a license turn to illegal methods to 'get some'.
This idea is a crazy idea and I hope the government of any country don't even for one second think of bringing this into place.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No, I have to dis-agree.
If someone is such a bad driver that he should never be allowed to drive, that person should be in prison.
He may have gotten drunk and killed someone.
A license in permission to do something that would otherwise be illegal.
Do you want having chidren illegal?
Ok, if you want to live in a dictatorship, ike China.
I think government takes too much power upon themselves, as it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've always envisioned putting birth control in the water, and then applying for a liscense to get it reversed some how. You'd have to prove financial ability to provide for a child. Say $24k/year for a single? and that's it. That way only people who really want one will bother applying and only those who can (barely) afford them will be able to have them. no other rules. you can be any race, sexual orientation, married, single, ugly, pretty, even deformed. If you can afford to care for it...you can have it. period. whoever is on the application is responsible $, no matter how it shakes down. Paternity is on the paperwork that allowed the pregnancy to happen in the first place.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
No, I have to dis-agree.
If someone is such a bad driver that he should never be allowed to drive, that person should be in prison.
He may have gotten drunk and killed someone.
A license in permission to do something that would otherwise be illegal.
Do you want having chidren illegal?
Ok, if you want to live in a dictatorship, ike China.
I think government takes too much power upon themselves, as it is.

Oh my..now wouldn't that open a whole can of worms to making the act of procreation itself illegal?GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Gday,

I see the ops point here and i think that there are people out there that just flat out shouldnt have kids.

However in saying that, People drive without a permit all the time so surely there would be people who would engage in " Illegal " activities anyway. As a matter of fact i would say that there would probably be more people engaging in this activity illegally then there would be non permit drivers on the road.

Also i wonder what would happen to the contraceptive market if this happened? thats what they are there for and if you dont wanna take some damn responsibility about things then your a out and out fool.

Speaking of contraceptives, thats exactly what there for and if you dont wanna use them then when it comes down to it if you dont want to have kids either keep Russell the love muscle in his pants kingdom or keep your damn legs shut.

Imagine if they had undercover cops or something like that , or imagine hopping on the good foot with your wife to have a child and all of a sudden the cops bust in wanting to see paperwork and things. I know i wouldnt be to impressed .

I just dont think that it would work, sure i can understand your thoughts about this and i agree with you on some points stated earlier i dont think that we as a people should have to suffer because of some money hungry welfare cheats or addicts who dont have the brains to take some precautions, or know of the risks and dont give a rats because the bonus will go to fund there addiction.
- These people should be detonated upon intercourse **Thrust** **KABOOOOM** i hate people like that . and i think that if your low enough to bring a child into this world strictly to feed an addiction or give you abit of extra cash to by a plasma screen then you should all be rounded up and thrown in the ocean.

I mean not everyone of us is that lucky that we can even conceive! , if theres unfit parents somewhere who treat there children like garbage and cant look after them like they should then the children should be removed from that environment anyway and perhaps put with someone who actually gives a damn about them and will actually look after them or better yet give someone who could never experience that joy and love in there life a chance. i tell you right now that those kids would get more love and affection here then with those other gutless, scheming bottom feeders.

What im trying to say here is that there are better options to deal with these things then putting a permit only ban on these acts.

Omega

[edit on 21/3/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
We originally put on this planet free people.
In a perfect world things would still be this way, and we would be free to do whatever we desire.
Unfortunately, this isn't so, as we have restrictions places on us to protect us from, well, ourselves. Strange when you think about it.
Making it mandatory to have a license to have sex would have disastrous consequences.
Imagine the massive increase in rape there would be as people who for some reason or other can't obtain a license turn to illegal methods to 'get some'.
This idea is a crazy idea and I hope the government of any country don't even for one second think of bringing this into place.

I might have not expressed myself clearly. What I suggest is a licence to bear children, to procreate, not a licence to have sex, that would be utterly rudiculous.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think that a license to have kids is great. Some of us, myself included, should not be allowed to have children, simply because my health is in such a state that I have all I can do to take care of myself. It's not that I don't love children, I do. I think they are great, and I help my brother as much as I can with his daughter. It is just that I have COPD, arthritas, depression, a seizure disorder, etc. Sex, as others have pointed out, is a completely different story. Sex is an enjoyable experience. I just don't want to be unfair to either the mother or the child by not having the time, energy, and money to help raise the child.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
then again, it took me five attemps to pass my driving test...

but i learnt very quick... "STOP" "PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON" and "GO HOME"

lol

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
men should be at least 25!!

b 4 that blokes aint ready.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can understand your thought process thought but I just don't think it would work.

On the flip side though, I find it very interesting that if you want to adopt there are
basic requirements you must pass.

Adoption Requirements

Why is it people that can't have children have to go through all these hoops? I
understand the rules are in place to protect the child but it's ironic that say a junkie
for example can have as many kids as they want and that's ok but a middle class hard
working family who just wants a child to love has to struggle with requirements simply
because they are unable to have children.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

I agree wholeheartedly.
It sickens me to the core to see what some wastes of sperm and egg do to their children................
And how they sometimes die because of those wastes of sperm and eggs called their parents.

The tests given should be are a IQ test and a psychological evaluation.
As well as some sort of maturity rating.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

new topics

top topics

join