It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History Channel....UFO Hunters....what do we think??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
OK I am watching UFO hunters tonight and they are going on and on about the UFO "drone," which has been discussed here many times...here is a video

People....if this was the real thing, would this not be HUGE!?!?!? Do we actually think that the military can produce this craft? Are they flying it over our homes?? Please?!?

The History channel is spending time and money investigating something that we spend so much of our time talking about on here, and they are going to produce pictures of this and talk about it for half an hour??

Don't get me wrong, I think the show has a lot of potential, but please! Don't waste our time, and dont insult our intelligence. They showed none of the vids that are spewed all over youtube, they just showed a few pics and basically said that they cannot say hoax or not.....

People what do we think of this? Why even watch the show when it seem like this site is lightyears ahead with 1/1000th of the budget....

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Jeff Riff]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The CGI stuff is a roadblock to the truth, you really have to question the motivations of someone who would create these things. Its a shame.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
yeah I agree...I just dont understand why the History Channel is going to do some half a$$ segment on this craft that is obviously fake....to me....

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's not to far fetched to think that the screenwriters of show like ufo hunters, ghost hunters, destination truth read the ATS forums. Quite possibly, the fact that the thread about this reached around 230 pages on here suggested to them to incorporate it. Just a thought

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
yeah that might be true, but the goal of ATS is to deny ignorance...they took crap drone pics and wasted time on it. They didnt even mention the multiple CGI vids on youtube, and they had no real conclusion regarding it. IMO its obvious that they are cashing in on disinfo and its dissapointing. I thought we had something more real than this, and they do some good work, but over all, its been mediocre

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

You're right, especially since it was mentioned n show that the images were from the internet, though I think Ghost Hunters wouldn't really be very active in forums aside from their own.
Makes sense though, really, since most of the work done towards studying, posting, and theorising about UFO's seems to be on the web.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The episode was disappointing.I was hoping they would spend alot more time on the issac drone,but they spent almost a half hour talking to the new age sound resonance crank.I had to groan when they brought up Bob Lazar too.I wish they would pick one topic and focus on it the entire episode.

It would also would help to get rid of the ZZ Top theme song.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by bseven]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Come ooonnn, chill out.

Was it crappy to a buff? Yes.

Do you on here know more, could you have added more? Yes.

Do UFOs deserve more attention in general as a general subject? Yes.

Does History channel have a bigger audience than ATS? Yes.

Did it do irreperable damage to the UFO field of study? No.

At least this was better than the 3millionth and 1st documentary about Roswell, Mogal ballons, Hershy wrapper material, and crash test dummies on parachutes 7years later!!!

Lighten up, your elite attitudes are probably scareing away alot of average people who could add alot to your community! I'd bet this will encourage new people to look into the subject!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Having watched the first 3 episodes I decided to not bother
with the rest.
I found it to be shot like a serial,scripted ,too polished and
even the researchers come across as actors reading their lines.
I really don`t trust main stream tv,especially the History
channel.
Sure it has opened up these old events to a new audience,
but that is all they seem to be doing,retreading old ground,
with nothing new or insightful.
I am a total believer in this phenomenon,and have my own ,
experiences,but this is just mundane rubbish.
And I`ve never EVER been convinced by the Betty and Barney
Hill abduction,stinks of govt psy-ops programme to me.
Just my opinion though.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HellHound63S
Come ooonnn, chill out.

Was it crappy to a buff? Yes.

Do you on here know more, could you have added more? Yes.

Do UFOs deserve more attention in general as a general subject? Yes.

Does History channel have a bigger audience than ATS? Yes.

Did it do irreperable damage to the UFO field of study? No.

At least this was better than the 3millionth and 1st documentary about Roswell, Mogal ballons, Hershy wrapper material, and crash test dummies on parachutes 7years later!!!

Lighten up, your elite attitudes are probably scareing away alot of average people who could add alot to your community! I'd bet this will encourage new people to look into the subject!

Agreed, if nothing else, the fact that shows like ufo hunters exist is wonderful news. It means that there is now a large enough audience to get these types of shows out there. Even if every episode is fake, it opens the imagination, and that could never be bad.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I will agree that the fact that we have the show is great, but I think that the episode that was on last night was weak. If they are going to report on Drones there are tons of videos all over the place, but they showed none. Why? Because I think that they are easily debunked, and its like they were trying to spread bad information.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's a Ghost Hunters rip off. You can't hunt UFOs like you can ghosts.

Lame show.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i agree. i was fairly disapponted when that picture popped up on the screen. the idea of wat they were saying was cool but they basically just turned it into a science fiction show.

there was just a little too much acting on camera. they didnt seem to do anything new it was just routine.

(i think its possible but look!! i can create the same thing on my computer. well we cant say its real or fake but the answers still out there...)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i agree. i was fairly disapponted when that picture popped up on the screen. the idea of wat they were saying was cool but they basically just turned it into a science fiction show.

there was just a little too much acting on camera. they didnt seem to do anything new it was just routine.

(i think its possible but look!! i can create the same thing on my computer. well we cant say its real or fake but the answers still out there...)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
According to a different post, this weeks show was supposed to have been about something else.
Personally, the fact that it wasn't another rerun was a plus. The show itself basically hasn't been any more revealing.

But because I haven't any better things to do with my time in the evening, I'll watch any new show they offer just to kill an hour before going to sleep.

Still, I can't help feeling that I'm watching remakes of Unsolved Mysteries. Or was that better?

I used to buy UFO magazine sometimes when it was interesting but gave up on these also.

So, when is ATS coming out with their own show?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I couldn't even watch it. The facts are here on this site, the absolute proof that these are CGI is easy to find if you simply use the search box.

I know why the episode was produced and aired and it's sad. I'll leave it at that.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Unsolved mysteries was more thrilling than last nights episode. The episode last night was a show and not real research or reality. Smells like profit to me. Nevertheless, every other episode ive seen was much better. Its like whenever they cover a really controversal topic, such as last nights reverse engineering or even the drones/gateways episode they were actually supposed to show, something happens.. We'll see way happens next Wednesday when that episode is supposed to show.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Did u see them lite the slag with a welder??????? Do you guys know what they just proved with that??????? ill answer in a few

Hint Everyone in america has seen this very thing happen.(alluminium and metal oxide reacting from a spark and creating a thermal reaction)

PPPPSSSTTTT think 9/11

[edit on 20-3-2008 by plasmacutter]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nah I dont remember that part. i was just sitting there wondering when they were going to start debunking the drone....never happened. I certainly hope to see some improvement on this show, or its off my list of shows that I Tivo....

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the episode where they took metal samples dirt sample from a crash sight was on today actual a few min ago hehe.

They where trying to prove the plane was crashd by a collision with ufo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join