It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Could End Energy Crisis

page: 1

join
share:
MBF

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Researcher: Discovery could end energy crisis

TIFTON —

A Tifton agricultural researcher says he has found the solution to the world’s energy crisis through genetic modification and cloning of bacterial organisms that can convert bio-mass into hydrocarbons on a grand scale. The local researcher believes his groundbreaking discovery could result in the production of 500 to 1,000 barrels of hydrocarbon fuel per day from the initial production facility. The hydrocarbon fuel — commonly known as oil or fossil fuel when drilled — will require no modification to automobiles, oil pipelines or refineries as they exist today and could forever end the United States’ dependence on foreign oil, he said.

Read more here.

Tifton Gazette

MBF

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
These people are just a few miles up the road from where I live. This can be a fantastic development because we can turn unused crop residue even yard trash into fuel. This can help us become less dependent on foreign oil.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Oh yippee, just what the Earth needs, another hydrocarbon fuel source for the ever increasing number of humans to burn. This is bad news. Well, there goes the rest of the rain forests.

MBF

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It may not be the best option, but it can help us through until something better is developed. Would you rather we continue to get our fuel from a bunch of unstable people that hate our guts?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This technology may actually be 'allowed', but there are many "free energy" sources around and new ones always coming out ie: www.youtube.com... OR www.fuellessusa.com... that have been around and supressed. Of course, I cannot even begin to speculate on free energy technology that is already availble to our 'secret groups'. The second link you can purchase the plans to build some items and get off "the grid" -- it's probably something to be seriously thinking about doing... like starting about 10 years ago. Now, where's my wrench...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
there are alot better alternatives still tho...

just look up the hydrate's there is enuff to meet the need of the planet enery consuption for thousands of years its alot cleaner and easyer accessable than oil sourse and this bio fuel,

MBF

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm sure there are better alternatives like hydrogen. The problem with fossil fuels is that we are releasing carbon into the atmosphere that has been locked up for millions of years and this would also be a problem with hydrates. Now I am not saying that hydrates is not an option that we should not look at, but we should only look at them as a short term solution.

The solution proposed by the researchers would only release carbon into the atmosphere that was tied up short term. The carbon released this year can be absorbed by next year if crops are used. If trees are used, just a few decades. You would have no real build up of carbon like we do now.

We will run out of oil one day. We can make fuel from coal, but it takes a lot of energy. We can make ethanol from many crops, but can we produce enough? If we wait until the oil runs out to start looking for alternatives we will be in a mess. The fact remains, we need to look for alternatives and the sooner the better.

MBF

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Others are doing this also.

Popular Science

I just wonder what would happen if these bacteria got into the environment instead of being in a lab or refinery.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Solar power, that is all.

new topics

top topics

join