It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Intervention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So, I have been engulfed this week in reading and watching as much as I can of ET and evolution. This is the theory I have come up with. It, in my opinion, is not that far fetched so I am sure there is material out there close to this. I have really come to love the concept put fourth by Michio Kaku on the types of civilization. www.youtube.com... . I have spent all day watching his videos, mainly because I like the way he speaks on the subject. He make ET sound..... normal, not scifi. He discusses the concept that the hardest jump in stages is from Type 0 to Type 1, and how most civilization probably destroy themselves somewhere along here. So i am sitting here all day letting this soak in and what not and am currently watching a show on the history channel about UFO's in the bible. It is basically Ufoligists expressing their opinion that all these visits from angels and god were actually ET intervening for our benifit. It states one fact about Moses at Mt. Sinide and the ten commandments, talking about moses entering "the cloud" to recieve the commandments.

So here we go, the ten commandments with what I think was the real message

You shall have no other gods before me:
Basically something along the lines of "i am here to help you, others would decieve you, trust only in me"

You shall not make for yourself an idol:
Arrogance leads to war and fighting, this is a fact, and war ends civilization

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God:
Something like "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"

Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy:
No comment on this one, mabey someone else?

Honor your Father and Mother:
Respect your elders for they have knowledge that will help you

You shall not murder*:
Leads to war, see above

You shall not commit adultery:
Has lead to war (hellen of troy)

You shall not steal
leads to war, see above

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor:
Leads to war, see above

You shall not covet your neighbor's house:
leads to war, see above

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife:
leads to war, see above

Now, I use the term war, but it could easily be said "fighting" instead. The point I am getting at according to the Type 0-3 theory, we cannot reach type 1 as long as we are a separated, warring people. We have a hard enough time talking about ufo's and et now, imagine what these sighting, let alone contact must have been like to our biblical ancestors. They must have been like gods. So, I don't think disobeying the commandments will send you to hell, I think that if a society cant get past the things that start fights/ wars, were doomed.

would love some feedback on this

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts. I am not going to say this is all a crock of faecal matter as there will be plenty of posters to do that. I personally am on the fence with this stuff. There is so much in our history and our biological make up to suggest it is possible, but on the other hand we also tend to invent reasons for things we cannot explain. God, Aliens etc...
As for the 0 - 3 types civilizations, I have read somewhere that we are around 0.1 or 0.2 on the scale. If ET is out there he is probably waiting for us to reach at least 1 or more to make contact either because he wants a decent conversation and not gibberish or he thinks we would just 'flip out'

"Theres a starman waiting in the sky
Hed like to come and meet us
But he thinks hed blow our minds" - David Bowie

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I figured the same reguarding ET waiting untill we are a 1. Then however, and I love playing connect the dots even if no dots exist lol, I was reading the forums here and someone mentioned us only using 11% of our brain. What if, when bipedal life or somewhere along the line ET came checked us out, and realized that we had astronomical potential. Maybe there is a universal problem that needs help sometime in the future. Another possibility, what if its us x many years in the future. Maybe they decided to go back to the begining and try to fix some huge mistake that was made. Maybe both who knows.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Not disagreeing with you here, but Helen of Troy is a bad example. For one thing, we don't know the specifics of the actual war aside from the story.
Me personally, I don't think a leader with the credits that Agamemnon had would go to war over something so simple as Helen running away. It fits great into a Greek story, sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The Sabbath is a day of rest, rememberance, and reflection of what God made/has done for you.

The Idol is something made that takes attention away from God. Could be another interest that just overtakes you or, maybee you can "Idolize" yerself?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Not disagreeing with you here, but Helen of Troy is a bad example. For one thing, we don't know the specifics of the actual war aside from the story.
Me personally, I don't think a leader with the credits that Agamemnon had would go to war over something so simple as Helen running away. It fits great into a Greek story, sure.

Agreed, but the overall point I am trying to get across is almost all of these things lead to, at the very least fighting, which can be concidered a prerequisit to war. I only use helen of troy because it is an example that many people are familiar with.. more of a moral concept rather than an actual historical event.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Ogre14t]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ogre14t

Me personally, I don't agree with aliens coming to preach to humanity, but you di make some valid points regardless.
And yes, i know what you meant about Helen, i just wanted to get that out there before someone else did.

new topics

top topics

join