It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate this internet thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I need your help I am in a serious internet rut. Theres a whole world out there and I'm stuck visting the same sights and researching the same things. Give me some ideas on how to waste more of my time in cyber space.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

Are you saying you are bored with the Internet? How can this be possible?

BI ( before Internet) I had my nose always stuck in a book because books are your friend. A book can take you all over the world and tell you about any subject you can think of.

Now, AI (after Internet) my lap top is my friend. The possibilities are endless as to what you can discover on the net if you let your mind off it's leash.

Instead of just using the Internet for entertainment and to waste time try to learn something new every day. I've gotten in the habit of researching something new every time I start my computer.

Start with the alphabet. Think of a person , place, or thing to research with each letter. With the letter A you might start with apple, arbitration and so on. When you get to the letter Z then start over again.

There are hundreds of games to master also.

The world is at your finger tips. Put forth a bit of effort and you might surprise yourself with what you will learn.

Happy hunting.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I always find that when I’m not on the Internet – busy doing something else, I can always think of a million things I need to look up when I get home.

...Then when I get home, sit on the net, I cant seem to think of one thing to look up or even remember the millions that I wanted to look up!

Mikey

[edit on 20/3/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I like the A-z Suggestion. I know it sounds crazy bored with the internet it's jsut sometimes I cant think of anything else to research or leran about. I generally don't use the internet for entertainment, well maybe sometimes, I use it mostly for research and to enhance my knowledge. I'm just looking for new research topics or new and interesting subjects, sites etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by photobug

I have been getting this way too. Getting bored with the net. I am either here or on albinoblacksheep.com or some "other" (ahem) site and to tell you the truth I am really getting bored with it all. Sure knowledge at your fingertips is awesome and all but when you have a blathering drunk yacking at you from the couch after his 15th beer you tend to loose focus.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
check out Google books or something. also I find myself glued to www.sacred-texts.com... it also has a lot of famous philosophy texts as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
teh intranet r teh sux0rz

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
teh intranet r teh sux0rz

What?????

Love the idea about the philosphy texts thats right up my alley. Thanks for that one

[edit on 20-3-2008 by photobug]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Theres always Por... ah never mind... :shk:

Here, get hooked on this..

www.kingdomofloathing.com

Don't say I didn't warn you....

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure how anyone can be bored with the internet.I got my first computer about three years ago after swearing that I'd never have a use for one.
When I got plugged in I had my frustrations since I'm not a tech type of guy.
There are soooooooo many subjects to research and I never get bored.
The internet has taught me many things,you just need to sort through the crap.
I'm not on the internet exclusively for conspiracy topics,my interests are many.
Give yourself some breaks and go for a walk.Go to the park or get together with a friend.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
All sorts of things in youtube, google video, metacafe, liveleak, crackle, etc., to keep you entertained.

top topics

join