It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Short Recession America will Grow Stronger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

yours seems a rosy & idealistic path the nation will go down

the gov't, mostly through the GAO,cannot realistically say we will even have a 'recession'.
the facts and data will be so 'massaged' (like the CPI, & Inflation are now)
that only a economic downturn will happen, there will be no 'recession'

next, starting about 2 May, the economic stimulus checks will start being
electronically sent to one's bank account (starting with the last two digits of the social security number)
~that reminds me of the Vietnam war callup, where everyone was subject to rotation to Vietman based on ones SS number...
all this happened in the run up of the notorious Tet offensive
)

All the presidential candidates have been arm twisted into joining
the globalist-illuminist camp...at some level,
McCain='i see 100 years of war...'
Obama='Brezinski is my policy advisor'
Clinton-ette='...troops will be coming home in 6 months (when elected)[depends on what the definition of home is]

the elite Fed & bankers are still privatizing the profits and socializing the debt & risks.
from taking over BearStearns, (i reckon BSC wasn't agreeable to fascism)
to the Fed Reserve swapping US Treasuries for bad mortgage debt paper from the member banks... and presumably all mortgage finance houses
in the economy--- after the BSC takeover by JP Morgan-Chase underwritten by the Federal Reserves $700 Billion in U.S.Treasuries.

These 'swaps' of good money (US Treasuries) for CDOs, SIVs, and all the alphabet soup of toxic credit/mortgage paper by commercial and central banks... has to have a catch or gimmic attached to the 'largesse' by the Fed. somehow,. someway, the Fed will realize a tremendous markup
on those swaps of presently 'worthless & toxic' debt

Maybe Freddie & Fannie, will 'buy' the mortgage debt at a higher price than the underwater mortgages are actually worth...and the banks that swapped their bad bedt paper for the Treasuries, will forever be paying interest on the 'swaps' ??

in either case, the Fed Reserve has the private banks & financial houses on the ropes. they must either join the cabal or get absorbed like BearStearns recently was.

it seems that whatever the Fed and their globalist elite who give them their marching orders are up to on the mortgage-credit front,
there is a lot of 'shorting' of Gold for the June option/futures period.

just about when the economic stimulus checks are all sent out already...

one has to connect about 3 different activities & events,,,
but one might be wise to sell the 'gold' in whatever form their holding in the May highs...to buy it back later after the big selloff is done
(unless you've held most of your gold before it soared past $600.)

there's just too much to address in response to your OP,
just consider the points i've highlighted for your consideration

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Obama='Brezinski is my policy advisor'

You have hit on the one large enigma in my day to day.

Is Obama controlled or bought by the theoretical establishment? (I know some would say the fact that one gets to run for US president answers this question.)

He does have some lousy Wall Street (Citigroup) players in his election campaign, while Claire McCaskill voted for FISA/Telecom immunity, Brezinski is said to advise (did you know Brezinski’s daughter co-hosts with Morning Joe “my congressional aide died in my office” Scarborough?), Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker endorses.

Does Obama innocently represent a fresh young hope as compared to Hillary or McCain, and did a PTB understand this Madison Avenue dichotomy would increase their chances of putting him into a top spot? (-Own all the horses in the race)

This all said - I am still a R.Paul voter.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
No one seems to have given a solid reason why a short recession will change the fundementals of the US economy. In the original post, there is mention that the average recession in the US is 10 months, lets be careful with that and remember an everage is the middle or mean of a group of numbers so any recession could be shorter or longer.

10 months will not change what is fundementally wrong with the US economy. The ecomony is losing jobs to low cost economics, the US economy is slowing moving from a manufacturing economy to a service based one. Americans want cheap goods but still want to have US pay rates, hence the reason that more and more goods are being made abroad. What this leads to is a balance of trade deficit and in Jan 2008 this was $58 Bn.

And to fund all this, the US government is having to borrow money, and in a vain attempt to kick start the economy there have been billions of Dollars commited in plans, which have to be paid for and guess what, borrowing more money.

I fully acceptable that things might improve a bit if the US was not paying for the war in Iraq but for the economy, this is seem as a good thing as a great deal of the supplies to the military are home produced. Bring the troops home and the re-supply orders will dry up, putting more pressure on the economy.

Just look at how long it took the German economy to recover after the First World War, and then how quickly the economy grow after WW2 with billions of Dollars of aid.

Unless the US people are prepare to change their habits of wanting the cheapest goods and are prepared to buy goods "not made in America" things are not going to improve soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Just look at how long it took the German economy to recover after the First World War, and then how quickly the economy grow after WW2 with billions of Dollars of aid.

We need someone to bomb us, invade us and then send us free money. Oh wait that's already been done by Al-CIA-da, mexicans and the chinese, nevermind.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

I fully acceptable that things might improve a bit if the US was not paying for the war in Iraq but for the economy, this is seem as a good thing as a great deal of the supplies to the military are home produced. Bring the troops home and the re-supply orders will dry up, putting more pressure on the economy.

whole bunches of 'other' money is being spent on million$ for cruise missiles... and replacing the aging nuclear arsenal...and assorted other projects that include non-lethal weapons to be used on civilians...

and a lot of other 'Military Transformation' costs that is not remotely related to Iraq/Afghanistan military projects.

Now I'm not saying that the Iraq-Afghan WOT is not a Trillion $ mis-adventure which is wasting American lives, money, and world stature.

But the WOT campaign is not the single major nor exclusive black-hole for the USA economy.

there is also a major chaism/divide between the gov'ts military and defense spending and whatever money the gov't spends on the civilian economy... the gov't does not fund private enterprise per-se, but ther gov't will fund tourism or similar programs...

so, what i'm saying--- please provide some figures on just what the gov't
spends on the economy as opposed to the national defense...
which is the category which the Iraq deployment of troops will fall under,

thanks,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join