It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when your friends say the wrong things...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
about 2 weeks ago i was at my friends house and me, him, and his g/f were watching maury povich. the topic was about having secret admirers and crap. this one guy comes out to the stage and awaits his secret admirer. his g/f said something about the guy then my friend said something. then my friend winds up saying "he cuter than you eric" i was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..so dude you're telling me you just actually sat there and compared my face to his? which means that you've observed my face pretty damn hard. and by you saying that, you must think i'm cute. after i said all that to him he just sat there and kinda grinned and laughed.

i didn't like what he said worth a damn. i don't know what to think of him ne more. does he have latenet homosexual tendacies?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I guess you need another guy to answer that one. If it were two females, we wouldn't give a second thought worrying about that...we'd soak it up

Edit..

[edit on 3/19/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

yeah i know. you broads are like that....

btw..what does your sig mean? i've always wanted to know...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's about perfect love. If you have it you don't need anything else, but if you don't have it...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Saying another guy is good looking or "he sure hits alotta poo nanny" "gets more ass than a toilet seat" etc etc... Is a compliment.

Saying another guy is cute is out and out wrong.

You need to give your "friend" some swift attitude readjustment. A couple of backhanders ought to do the trick.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Saying another guy is good looking

MonKey

hell that's worse if you ask me...:shk:

he's moving saturday ne way...maybe he can go relieve his secret desires in his new location...

oh yeah..his broad didn't seem to really care when he said what he said..what's up with that? hell what's up with THEM?

[edit on 20-3-2008 by LordInfamous]

[edit on 20-3-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ya, that'd be pretty weird. Although if a really close friend (like a brother) said that, and I knew he was into women then I would just say something like, "Your mother." Actually I don't know what I would say. I might just express how awkward that moment was, and jokingly tell him never to utter such tripe again.

If I didn't know that person very well, I would start to feel uncomfortable...

: )

If it really comes down to it though, you could always start groping your girlfriend as a Neanderthalic sort of expression that you are not turned on by his antics.

[Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any loss of personal interests due to my advice. Practice at your own risk.]

[edit on 20/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's okay, sort of! There's nothing to get flustered about your 'guy' friend comparing your looks to some other guy on television. It's just his opinion, really. Let it go. It's not like he has the 'hots' for you: Maybe a stray thought passed his mind momentarily about you but it should be nothing serious, I hope; since he's gone away, too.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I can certainly understand another guy telling you that you're handsome or something similar as a friendly gesture. But cute is a different word, although I agree you cannot reasonably hold onto any hard feelings.

Social contour is so strange and annoying sometimes.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I just had a thought and may be going off on a tangent here: But perhaps the 'guy' friend picked up the thoughts of his girlfriend and 'accidentally' said that out loud to ‘LordInfamous’ for whatever reason.

So, he used the word, 'cute', huh? People are not perfect and are prone to social goofs (or Freudian slips, etc.) The 'guy' was being honest: He could been a mean person and said, 'He is uglier than you, Eric.'

But let's not get hasty here; assume the 'guy' has homosexual tendencies. I mean what are friends for? Friends say lots of off hand things. And dang, that sure is one social goof; I too would be caught off guard how to handle that awkward situation well.

Aren’t some of y’all glad you too could be attractive to the same sex if you get that kind of stray comment? That’s double the fun, eh?

[edit on 2008-3-20 by pikypiky]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I suppose if I were a woman and another woman was telling me that then it would be ok... I guess. I can't really speak for them. It's not only generally accepted to be female and bi, but often encouraged at times lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I just had a thought and may be going off on a tangent here: But perhaps the 'guy' friend picked up the thoughts of his girlfriend and 'accidentally' said that out loud to ‘LordInfamous’ for whatever reason.

So, he used the word, 'cute', huh? People are not perfect and are prone to social goofs (or Freudian slips, etc.) The 'guy' was being honest: He could been a mean person and said, 'He is uglier than you, Eric.'

But let's not get hasty here; assume the 'guy' has homosexual tendencies. I mean what are friends for? Friends say lots of off hand things. And dang, that sure is one social goof; I too would be caught off guard how to handle that awkward situation well.

Aren’t some of y’all glad you too could be attractive to the same sex if you get that kind of stray comment? That’s double the fun, eh?

[edit on 2008-3-20 by pikypiky]

i see what you're saying...it's just the fact that by him saying something like that there's no telling what else he's thought about me. oh well *shrugs*

new topics

top topics

join