It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British: Iraq war would begin at sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Dec. 22 An invasion to topple Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is increasingly likely in early 2003, allied sources said Saturday, beginning with a massive U.S.-British sea invasion from the Persian Gulf to thwart the threat that Iraq could use chemical or biological weapons against slow-moving ground forces....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I heard something the other day that is very disturbing. Saddam was to have said:

" We will destroy all the oil wells in Iraqi and set them all on fire"

My question is, if he does that, what would "Thousands" of balk heads blowing "God knows" how much burning crude oil onto the ground and into the atmosphere do to the A=planets atmosphere and B= People of Iraqi and C=our armed forces and D=whom ever is down wind of that.

This could be some serious poop- !!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm telling you this war is not going to be good...not at all.... I heard the same thing SB; only that Saddam was planning on blaming it on us. Saddam has that kind of mindset; he'll use biological weapons on his own people and blame it on us.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Midnight:
I agree, and just as you said: "Saddam has that kind of mindset" . That's the whole reason why this has to be done sooner or later. The guy is just to dangerous to hell, even plant life!!. He is a monster!!

God help us all :-(

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i;m reading a tom clancy book called "Marines" he gives lots of detail on amphibious operations and from i've read and what i know about iraq it would be very quick operation

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It wouldn't be the first time Saddam lit oil fields aflame, if you remember 12 years ago. While its a mess, an eco-shame and a stupid waste, it isn't overcomable whatsoever.
That certainly shows what kind of creature he, neither his own citizenry or the enviroment mean a thing to him.

If he destroys the means by which the Iraqis may once again flourish is reason enough to slowly hang the despicable creature.

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 05:17 PM
link   
TC thats ssoo true

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We should start adding a category to Journalism Awards...

For accepting the surrender of the most hostile troops, the award goes to...Wolf Blitzer of CNN!!!

Hint to all reporters, wear cammo, it'll increase your odds of winning!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 01:13 PM
link   
While I don't deny that an air attack (aircraft and missile) from the sea will be one of the first that we see on Iraq if it comes to that, a wide ranging amphibious attack makes little sense, as Iraq only has about 25 miles of coastline. This would creat a bottle neck, or "pinch zone" that would be very easily defended by the Iraqi's. The more judicious course would be to blast this area from the air and clear it out, then take it later to close off any naval buisness Saddam has.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:00 PM
link   
the iraqi navy sucks and they are relying on the low morale of the iraqi army don;t forget its not like d-day, well it kinda is but they can have helos drop men behind enemy lines to help the amphibious force which is better than something like the 101st in d-day where they misdropped cuz with a chopper the misdrop factor is less likely wanna know more just read the tom clancy book "marine"

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah the Iraqi AF is also horrible, I heard they only have 300 aircraft which are old school aircraft and the pilots aren't the best trained. Our Predator can fly faster then most of their jets!

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 05:27 PM
link   
oh well an iraqi wud be over quick and they'd prolly find saddam fast

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The War will defenatly start in the Air. Diego Garcia were there is a division of F-117 Bombers. They will launch the first strike on Iraq taking out major defence possitions in Bagdad, along with Air Batteries targeting US and British War Planes.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 11:44 AM
link   
After a good couple of weeks of heavy night/day bombing, the sea invasion will begin. The Iraqi troops will end up fleeing into the cities where we will end up in a type of "Black Hawk Down" situation, fighting the whole cities. Then you have the WMD to worry about as well, this will not be good war.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 12:37 PM
link   
heres what they shud do
bomb them good
then have invasion by land with an airborne assault and a sea inavsion
at the same time have rebels groups in the no fly zones support the attack

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Believer

" We will destroy all the oil wells in Iraqi and set them all on fire"

It's a new proof that Saddam has to be " terminated " !

top topics

join