It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Women Should Rule The World

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Originally posted by emile

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I thought it was obvious what my gender is.I never claimed to be anything else.

The place I lived is where a heaven for richman, a hell for me.
you dennied access to hell, will you bring me to haven?

You got it backwards emile. Read the second title on my avatar.
My access is denied to heaven.
For Hell I got a first class ticket.
Run away fast.

If no way to heaven, I prefer to hell with you, the first class ticket to hell also is what I wanted, there is nothing I fear, will you?
You are a female, could you tell me how to live in such lady first city, each job I want to has already robbed by female.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Dude that post of yours sounds seriously stalkerish.
I truly hope there is a different meaning behind it, and that because of our cultural differences perhaps Iam misreading what you are implying.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There are many female managers at my work and the only one I have found to be petty and catty ust got transferred to another store.

The one I work with the most is this tall plump lady, probably in her early 30's and she is definatly not catty. She is tough and means business but if you need something she is willing to listen.

Not all women are catty and I have met many of men who are catty and competitive with eachother. I think leaders should be based on how an individual is, not their gender.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
MY wife would totally agree with your opening post AD.
She wants to write a book about this very thing, she's trying to get some backing from a couple of her professors who have helped her get published before.

Interestingly enough, they want no part of it. And yes, they are women.

My manager is a woman, as a matter of fact MOST of the managers here are women. It's a very odd balance of power. It certainly does not reflect the ratio of male to female employees. Not even close.

I'm one of the few males that sits in on the meetings. Which are too frequent, and too long. Know why? They are low level cat fights.
They go something like this:

"lets move forward on this"
"it won't work because"
"sure, it will work"
"no, it won't because"
"sure it will, and it will increase revenue"
"but we can't do it, because"

on and on...I was paying attention at this particular meeting, because the revenue enhancer they were talking about was my idea. The person who said NO, was someone who would lose control of one aspect of their job..

oh, and Thatcher was a chick?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

You know Spacedoubt, your post made me think of something, and I suppose I'm really just psycho analyzing here, but perhaps it just depends quite a bit on the way a woman is raised and her relationship with her parents who are either dominant or submissive and what her reactions were to that as she grew into adulthood. Many life circumstances can either make or break a leader.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Great thread AD!!!

Everyone?

Wish me good luck with THIS ONE

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Good luck Ducky.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes this debate is between myself and TheDuckster certainly is related to this thread.
and now for my honest opinion on the matter. (Ducky you are not allowed to use this one against me in the debate)

Women would make just fine world leaders, I in fact would love a change of leadership and dominant rolls between man and woman.

Not only should women rule the world but they should also be the ones that ask out guys, pay for dates, drive the car, work while a man stays home with the kids, pays the bills, ETC. That would work

Ill be the dutiful house-husband and my wife can come home every day to a clean house and dinner waiting for her on the table. Ah paradise could exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yes this debate is between myself and TheDuckster certainly is related to this thread.
and now for my honest opinion on the matter. (Ducky you are not allowed to use this one against me in the debate)

Women would make just fine world leaders, I in fact would love a change of leadership and dominant rolls between man and woman.

Not only should women rule the world but they should also be the ones that ask out guys, pay for dates, drive the car, work while a man stays home with the kids, pays the bills, ETC. That would work

Ill be the dutiful house-husband and my wife can come home every day to a clean house and dinner waiting for her on the table. Ah paradise could exist.

Don't ask for much there do ya Wukky?

Hey role reversal works well for many couples.Some women are just far more career oriented and can pull off earning enough income for the husband to stay at home. But it ain't all bliss. A stay at home parent never gets a day off, and you have to leave home to find solace. It's a six of one , half dozen of the other scenario. You just gotta have the right personality, and the right set of circumstances for it to work.
Good on you for adding that aspect to this thread Wukky. When talking about women ruling the world, it should be expanded to include women of high position in the workforce, not just government leaders.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
if I could find a woman that this idea would be acceptable to I would be the perfect house husband as long as there was cold beer in the fridge and a fast internet connection I would be a happy man.

Why not? Women want it all, the carrier the family, the respect. Give it to em. Show women what it was like for a guy in the 50s. Id love that.

I would love to hear a woman say to a guy "No husband of MINE is going to work"

Bring home the bacon lady! Ill make sure your pantsuit is nicely pressed for you and coffee is on the table when you wake up in the morning, while I feed and get the kids ready for school. Heck Id even mow the lawn and still do house repairs.

Oh can yall be as sexually driven as a man too? Is that too much to ask? Cmon girls Wukky needs to be treated like a piece of meat too once and a while.

[edit on 3/29/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Wukky, we interrupt this fantasy to bring you.. REAL LIFE!

It's 5am and your daughter is bouncing on your bed.."Mommy get up I need to pee!"

You roll off the bed onto the floor with one eye open, and walk like a zombie into the bathroom, trying not to trip over a cat on the way.
" Mommy I missed!"

"WHAA???" Oh geez..here we go. Clean that up.
" Mommy I want breakfast. I want chocolate cereal"
"Honey you ate the last of it yesterday. Toast today"
" NOOO! I WANT CHOCOLATE CEREAL NOW!"( Kicking and screaming on the floor.)

I need coffee..where is the coffee? Oh god I forgot to buy coffee. ( shakes head in despair)
" MOMMY I WANT CHOCOLATE CEREAL NOW!"
" Compromise..chocolate spread on toast?"
OK..
Then she wipes the chocolate from her fingers onto her clothes.
Her last clean good outfit because the washing machine is broken, repairman can't be there till tomorrow.
My day consists of a constant barrage of Mommy I need and Mommy I want, Mommy can I have...
I don't want to clean my room, I don't want to do chores, Iam sick of homework. Mommy please can I go to so and so's house?
MOMMY I"M STARVING! I HAVEN"T EATEN IN A WHOLE HALF HOUR!
I trip over cats, I cringe at dirty dishes, and I swear the laundry procreates overnight.
There always seems to be something that needs to be fixed or replaced.
It would be heaven to sit here with beer all day everyday. Ain't gonna happen. Give me a day at work just so I can relax. Seriously.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Honestly, been there done that have the fingerpaint stained t shirt. Wish I had it every day. But the ex made sure I don't.

here was my morning when I was married.

Got home at 12 am from work. Went promptly to bed. Woke up at 5 am went made coffee, (for the wife) went upstairs got the boy out of bed. Smooched him awake cause those dern cheeks are so dang cute.

got him dressed and held his hand down the stairs (cause when your 3 you don't have good balance when you first wake up) get him some cereal. coax the boy that it's a good idea to eat it. usually threats of more smooches. Scruffy daddy chin is a terrible thing for a 3 year old. Go back upstairs and beg the wife to wake up. Bribe wife with coffee. Go back downstairs and make cup of coffee how wife likes it. Go back upstairs with said cup of coffee and again bribe wife with coffee to wake up.

Go back downstairs and get boy re dressed cause hes a mess. Then make lunch for boy. Wife comes downstairs and ignores husband and boy, gets more coffee. Then whines about going to work. I reassure her that it's going to be ok.

Wife gets ready for work and gets going out the door, I pack boys stuff up in bag and put boy in car seat. Wifey and boy leave for day.

Hubby gets ready for work.

Man I miss those days. If it weren't for me working too they would have been awesome.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
See this is why neither one of those ideas would work. It didn't work in the 50's when women generally stayed home and I don't think it would work for men to stay home either. I was a stay at home mom once, and no matter how good I was at it, anytime an argument insued between my significant other and I, he would pull the "I am the one making the money, if you don't like it then get out."

And I don't care how nice and sweet your significant other usually is, everyone gets frustrated, everyone wants to win arguments and even the most docile of hubby's will pull that one on you when it benefits them.

Would you put your tail between your legs if your alpha-female said that to you? I somehow doubt it nor should you. Unfortunatly society doesn't see house work and child-rearing equal to bringing home the bacon.

This is why I really feel that men and women need to come together equally and try to diminish these gender stereotypes. I have seen men be catty, I have seen male managers at some of my places of employment have the exact same conversation that Spacedoubt said his female bosses have had. And yes access, it does have a lot to do with how we were raised.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
you know your completely right, Snowflake, a happy medium is what is needed. Now are men to pigheaded to go for the idea? Probably

Are women to naggy to give up? yep.

Now will it happen? Yes given time we will see complete equality among the sexes. This will happen. Eventually. (Read December 21 2012
) But it will happen. Humanity will be much better for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join