It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Women Should Rule The World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just so you all are aware..this is not in response to what seems to be a lot of bashing of the fairer sex as of late here. I thought this was interesting..and wanted to hear the perspectives of other members.

"Dee Dee Myers, a former White House press secretary, puts forth a solid argument as to why women should rule the world in her new book."

Women are slightly more likely to be "transformational" leaders, collectively setting goals and empowering their teams to achieve them. And men are more likely to be "transactional" leaders, letting subordinates know what is expected, rewarding them for their successes and holding them accountable for their failures.

Now comes the kicker: Research also shows that transformational leaders -- especially those who also reward good performance, a positive aspect of transactional leadership common among women -- tend to be more effective, particularly in the less-hierarchical, fast-paced, and innovation-driven contemporary world. So not only do women have a somewhat different style; it's more likely to be successful.

Full Article..

Why Women Should Rule the World

(Mod edit: Fixed Sympatico link with URL tags. --Majic)

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Majic]

[edit on 19-3-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why does it have to be about men vs women?

I think qualifications should be judged on an individual basis, not preconceived notions based on sex. It's just too general to say that one sex could do better than the other.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't think women should rule the world at all. I think we are too emotional, too catty & vindictive....we'd kill each other. I've had the opportunity to work closely with both men and women, and working with men by far has been a more enjoyable, and peaceful experience. If you get too many women together
OMG..never mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

After reading the article, which I found interesting, I am not quite sure I agree with it.

I have worked for some rather large corporations, with both male and female superiors.

I found the men easier to work with. They tend to figure out a way to get problems solved faster, and are more no nonsense. They seem to stick to a task at hand without getting sidetracked.

Women I have worked with, even in upper management, seemed, well, hormonal. They were more cut throat, and I found used people in ways to futher their own agenda without giving credit where it was due.

Being that I am a woman, I hate to admit it, but I found working with female superiors difficult. It wasn't just the case with one of them, there were a few!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Both of us women agree on that God I hate working with a bunch of women..drama constantly.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I almost hate to say this but.....

After many years of working with both male and female bosses, I made a promise to myself. I would never again take a job that involved working for a female supervisor. They either stick their nose in my personal life and want to be my friend, try to be my mother or hold petty grudges.

I'm sure that there are women who have the ability to be good leaders, but I haven't met many of them.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In theory I agree with AD.

In practice I agree with JenSouth.

Wonder what would happen if Hillary becaome Prez? I think it would be prudent to prepare to either celebrate or run for the hills.

:w:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I never said i agreed with the theory Badge..

Jen is correct.
A bunch of women together is downright nasty.
It's always "GAME ON".
I personally don't even class many women as friends in real life. Too much drama and yes.."Cattitude"

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Of coures I meant the premise in your post.

But it would be weird. One wonders if the pressures would alter their psychology creating a 'sub-class' of intelligent, female, yet war-like Amazons?

Or would they be more like the ladies in 'In like Flint'?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I feel inclined to add that I've been rewarded on 'work preformance' by men...always/only men. Women will not reward another woman for a job well done.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm tired of being the ruler of the roost. Go ahead....if ya'll want to call the shots...it's fine with me.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Women should rule the world.

Why?

Only one reason

There would be less wars

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

and wanted to hear the perspectives of other members.

Sure, I'll give you my perspective. Because one person posts snide, sexist remarks about women, you do the same? How about, let's not consider equality, fairness, but have mindless pissing matches using our wording to insult other people you know - like a strategy game. That's all that ATS is becoming - a strategy game, NOT about Denying Ignorance, but about outplaying the other people.

Hahaha.

Once again you've outdone yourself. If only my ignore list wasn't full...

[edit on 19/3/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1

Why?

Only one reason

There would be less wars

So long as it wasn't that time of the month.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thatcher Thatcher the Milk Snatcher: the true inventor of global warming.

She'd have nuked Argentina given half a chance, mind you The Iron Lady had more balls than most modern day leaders that's for sure.

She would have found OBL and beaten him to death with his own shoes or slippers.

Peaceful creatures women!

It's not the gender that is the problem, it's the power. We all know the saying (I'm sure someone has it in their sig) Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

and wanted to hear the perspectives of other members.

Sure, I'll give you my perspective. Because one person posts snide, sexist remarks about women, you do the same? How about, let's not consider equality, fairness, but have mindless pissing matches using our wording to insult other people you know - like a strategy game. That's all that ATS is becoming - a strategy game, NOT about Denying Ignorance, but about outplaying the other people.

Hahaha.

Once again you've outdone yourself. If only my ignore list wasn't full...

[edit on 19/3/2008 by C0bzz]

Excuse me there buddy..but are you aware of whom you are speaking to? What did I do that has ever been hostile towards you or anyone else without cause?
For the record IAM female..why the hell would I insult my own gender?
It's just a book review CObzz, for god sakes the only one here starting a pissing contest is you.
Learn what the phrase "Tongue in cheek" means OK? And it's nothing sexual.

Go ahead put me on ignore..I could care less.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've known so many women that I have felt had truly excellent leadership qualities, all the intelligence they'd ever need, and the aptitude for success in anything. But the fact of the matter from my perspective is that women do not use their gifts. They know their power, they know their abilities, so confidence isn't their problem... the problem is that even when encouraged to use what they have, they'll still inevitably take a step back instead of engaging the activity or situation at hand. This is the case the majority of the time and even with the most confident and assertive of women.

Can women rule the world? Yes. Do they have the ability? Yes. SHOULD THEY?? NO. Because all the talent and ability in the world is useless if you don't have what it takes to proactively apply your gifts towards getting the job done... or the situation fixed, the the tasks accomplished, whatever...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

The problem in business is assertive men are praised and assertive women tend to be called bitches by the women around them - which is why I prefer to work with men.

Lots of women want everyone to like them (god help you if you're on the outside of the female clique at work), so they pussyfoot around trying to get things done.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1

Why?

Only one reason

There would be less wars

I don't think so. Instead, wars would be about hats and shoes and someone showing up at a conference in the same outfit.

Yes, I'm kidding, and yes, I really think that could happen.

I say that because it's so difficult to understand women.

Example:

Me: "I want to go somewhere, will you come too?"

Her: "OH, so you want to humiliate me, make me livid, subject me to indignities and embarrass me?"

Me: (hiding under bed) "uh, no...what if you just dropped me off out front"

Her: "OH NOW you've done it, you are just mean. How horrible. I can't believe it."

Me: "Ok, nevermind"

Her: "SO (voice goes up an octive and starts shouting louder), you are denying me the chance to go. You won't even give me the day to think about it...(and so on for about 10 minutes of ranting)"

At this point it got hostile, but I managed to de-escalate it. Trouble is, I don't know if we're going or not, and, of course, I'm afraid to ask.
:w:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

ROFLMAO!!!!

We aren't all like that Badge..some of us are MUCH WORSE!

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join