It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

davinci code....real or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
now i realize that this was just a book, but if u think about it, how realistic and believable was the book? i mean it was almost like the idea of a catholic church coverup is almost as enticing as it is scary. and just think, mary magdaline was supposed to inherit the church. A WOMAN would be a priest. hmmmmm......

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If there was a 'blood line' would it matter, would anyone listen- would anyone be allowed to listen and how would you be able to determine if their intentions were good- because an ancestor had 'Gotten It' .
Look at the monarchies of 'Royal blood- they have proven blood does not denote Divinity, goodness or intellegence. It means nothing
So if I could prove I was a 'child' of Mary & Jesus- do I get a Crown, all the riches in the world - unbridled power? NO.
In fact if there were such a Divine decendant I would guess that such ideas would Offend them. It is not about one Being, Nor any Brick andMortar..It's about the Beauty of the Gift we have been given (by a god or anture) and which we are ultimately responsible for caring for. Regardless how or why we are the Stewards of all that Is. And we are all Equal in our creation and our Duty.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Alot of the book is based in truth and the story provides some great starting off points for researching the paths of history and spirituality. I agree that the blood line wouldn't matter too much other then a supposed enlightened being had passed on his genes which would now be distributed more widely than the book suggests. I got the large illustrated book for Christmas a couple years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the reading experience.

I recommend a book by Tupper Saussey, Rulers of Evil, for a mind blowing history of the church throughout the ages from babylon to present day.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I honestly believe this after years and years of research: Jesus wasn't real, therefore any theories that depends upon his existence are false from the beginning. It sure makes some entertaining reading, though.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The Da Vinci Code is real enough, with some parts fictionalized for poetic license, much like the Bible is in part fictionalized as well. The parts that are fictionalized are made so in order to help illustrate the points that the author(s) are trying to make. t i done that way to keep interest in whatever book is being read at the time. A marketing tool, to be sure!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It has added to the mysticism and to the trail of whomever may have conspired the pieces of our histories puzzle. For those who may have any mystical knowledge or abilities, these clues may be for them to actually decipher. One other piece was that of the writer of the first book on this subject and the lay lines that point to a place in the ocean. Possibly even Atlantis or an underwater alien base. Many now speculate the involvement of an alien species that started and control these groups and religions. Others may even say Satan. It's my feeling that it's some type of game anyway. Maybe 2012 marks the end of the game, ahigher level or even a new one?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I thought it was an appalling book. The film was slightly worse. Somewhere, mired in the sensationalist prose and desperate plot is an interesting speculation about the formation of the early church, which if it has been explored in a less subtle-as-a-brick-in-the-face manner might have been a decent, healthy challenge to modern Christian concepts and ideas. It didn't. It founded its plot on "anomalies" that don't exist, evidence that is demonstrably evidence of nothing, and supposition masquerading as fact.

aleon1018, I've no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid, and not a great deal of interest, either, all I can say is that if you think that tripe of Dan Brown's supports your 2012 nonsense, that says everything I need to know about both your theories and Dan Brown's abilities as a writer.

LW

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
see...but if u knew that there was a line of jesus christ, wouldnt that make him more human...more reachable? i mean, he is kind of like an untouchable man created by god, but to kno that he indulged in women and had a child would make him seem more believable. and yur right, who knos if this story of jesus is real. i mean, the bible was formed by men.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The Da Vinci Code is a fictionalized version of the (largely discredited) theories presented in "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" (en.wikipedia.org...)

Take that for what it's worth, I guess.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by JustMe74]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is fact, but I heard that The Davinci Code and Holy Blood Holy Grail are not the first books to tell this story, from what I understand this same story is retold in books every 20-40 years or so, throughout history.

If anyone can shed so light on this it would be great, true or false!

Christians have such a hard time with this because it would take away much of the divinity of Christ, seeing he was never married but had children, or was he married and all they know about him is wrong, or not the whole story. Anyway you can see where they would get uptight about it.

Originally posted by JustMe74
The Da Vinci Code is a fictionalized version of the (largely discredited) theories presented in "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" (en.wikipedia.org...)

Take that for what it's worth, I guess.

The link you provided states it's Non-Fiction

[edit on 21-3-2008 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The link you provided states it's Non-Fiction

The link I provided was about "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" which is in fact non-fiction. Pseudo-history, yes, but non-fiction nonetheless. "The DaVinci Code" is fiction, and it is clearly based on "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" among other things.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Da Vinci Code is a copy of Holy Blood, Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln. And if you want my opinion I`d rather have the original, in fact the Da Vinvci Code is a bad copy. The authors of HB, HG tried ti sue Brown but were unsuccessful.

new topics

top topics

join