It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Releases New Message

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
According to Fox News, Bin Laden has released a message which has yet to be confirmed as authentic, stating that he is upset about cartoons related to Mohammad and his anger towards the Pope regarding the demoralization of Islam. What do you guys make of this message, do you feel that it is authentic? Do you think this may be a previously recorded tape being used as a political tactic?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Catholic sites are picking it up as a threat against the Pope/Catholics during Holy Week.

I can't stand Ratzinger (Pope Benedict) ... but I wouldn't wish a terrorist hit upon him either.

Consdiering he (Ratzinger) has poo-poo'd the terrorist threat worldwide .. I have to wonder what he is thinking right about now.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
How do you think this message affects the political elections in the U.S.?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ahhh yes .. Bin Laden is alive and well and so is the Easter Bunny….
Did someone else noticed that the so called Bin Laden Videos getting released about every 6 month.
Quite funny to pick on the cartoonist that was yesteryears news… The gov/media needs to come up with better inventions to keep the sheeple in bay… hilarious

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by frozen_snowman

I think so too, it seems like these types of things come up right when the public seems to forget about terrorism and is focusing on other things; sort of like a reminder that "hey, there is still a threat, vote for McCain!". I think it is a scare tactic designed specifically to increase support of the GWOT.

Any idea about it's authenticity?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Now, who exactly is this "Bin Laden" again? I seem to recall that for a while there he was being blamed for blowing up the World Trade Center, but they hung Saddam Hussein for that, so maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Great, another newly created message just for us. What timing! What Cojones!

You'd almost think that they made this all up....

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You couldn't make this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
According to Fox News, Bin Laden has released a message which has yet to be confirmed as authentic, stating that he is upset about cartoons related to Mohammad and his anger towards the Pope regarding the demoralization of Islam.

He should be complaining about "Family Circus." That cutesy, unfunny cartoon makes me want to barf.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I guess the PTB just had to drop this info-bomb in order to refresh McCrazy's memory on just who Osama Bin Laden and al-Quaeda are since he confuses them with Iran and insurgents in Iraq on a daily basis.

[edit on 19/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

"hey, there is still a threat, vote for McCain!". I think it is a scare tactic designed specifically to increase support of the GWOT.

Exactly, those messages come in many flavors.

We… in Down Under have the flavor of very strict security when “the Mediator between God and us” has a visit to Sydney in the middle of this year.
You don’t need to be a psychic to see that there will be always a reference be made to OBLs message.
Watch and learn
Yikes – God bless

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

It's funny how the media covers the war in Iraq, focusing mainly on the negative aspects of the operations and almost never including all of the positive things we are doing over there, which are numerous.

The focus has been taken off of the war and put into the elections, which raises concern for the current administration (and McCain) because they need the public support of the GWOT to maintain funding for their operations. These messages are specifically designed and released strategically to increase this support in order to achieve their political agendas.

Anyone else feel the same way? I personally don't think this new message has any credibility at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Good point.
McCain is such a moron...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
damn them, they think they can get people to go along with FCC and China net blocking ways becuase people get offended.... the same with ATS dumb arse rules....OoOOoO that is offensive... someone hurt my feelings... I called their Idea dumb and then my thread gets deleted.

anyone who is offended by bad words is obviously an idiot with a weak mind.

a weak mind that is easily "washable" NO better yet "burnable".

they grow up hearing these words... most with strong consonants to sound tough and they are all always used in "bad" communications of meaning.

so these people grow up with their mothers and fathers saying what bad words they are, they grow up always hearing people use these words to refer to "bad" things (which are also burned into our minds as bad....which seems to have become a fetish with sex, and true at that..becuase...well....uhhh)

anyway....you old lady... get over it
in the old days children grew up watching things die....
now-a-days they kill things in a virtual realm and get scolded for saying a word with certain letters in it.
A WORD....a danged word of the english language.... that we put a taboo on? DONT YOU SEE? (assuming someone who doesnt like "bad" words actually reads this) ............hmmmm........ now that I think about it... someones probably said this before.... and somehow .....it didnt work?!?! WHYYYY god WHYYYYYYYYY

ack.... I've lost my point.... oh yeah... people actually do hurt people over opinions............hmmmmmmmmmm.......doh

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It's funny how the media covers the war in Iraq, focusing mainly on the negative aspects of the operations and almost never including all of the positive things we are doing over there, which are numerous.

If we aren't supposed to be there in the first place, it doesn't matter if we're paving the streets with gold and wiping everybody's butts for them. We went in there in after getting all wound up because of the WTC bombings, supposedly to find who did it and bring them to justice, and we never did.

I don't care what wonderful things we've done for the people there. We could have done those same wonderful things for anybody. Pick any country where things suck. There are plenty. The mission was a failure and we shouldn't be there.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Obvious fraud. The man is dead. And I will draw and share any Allah or Mohamed Cartoons I want.

Don't get taken in by the towly ban......

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozen_snowman

Ahhh yes .. Bin Laden is alive and well and so is the Easter Bunny….
Did someone else noticed that the so called Bin Laden Videos getting released about every 6 month.
Quite funny to pick on the cartoonist that was yesteryears news… The gov/media needs to come up with better inventions to keep the sheeple in bay… hilarious

"Bin Laden Videos" Do not confuse the stupid sheeple anymore than they are now, this is not a video communication, just another "unconfirmed authenticity" audio communication! Bin Laden is dead folks, just look at the list of fabricated bs.

Audio and video messages from al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden since Sept. 11, 2001:
- March 19, 2008: Slams European countries for the publication of cartoons insulting to the Prophet Muhammad and promises a strong reaction, saying "the response will be what you see and not what you hear." Audiotape

- Dec. 29, 2007: Warns Iraq's Sunni Arabs against fighting al-Qaida and vows to expand the terror group's holy war to Israel. Audiotape

- Nov. 29, 2007: Urges Europeans to stop helping U.S. in Afghanistan conflict, saying on audiotape that war was unfair because he was the "only one responsible" for the Sept. 11 attack.

- Oct. 22, 2007: Calls for Iraqi insurgents to unite and avoid divisive "extremism" in audiotape apparently intended to win over Sunnis opposed to the terror group's branch in Iraq.

- Sept. 20, 2007: Urges Pakistanis to overthrow President Pervez Musharraf for his alliance with U.S. against Islamic militants. Images in 23-minute video have been released before, but audio refers to recent events.
- Sept. 11, 2007: Commemorates a Sept. 11 suicide hijacker and calls on young Muslims to become martyrs in videotape that carries audio message with still image of the al-Qaida leader.
- Sept. 7, 2007: Appears for first time in three years in 30-minute video marking sixth anniversary of Sept. 11 attack. Tells Americans they should convert to Islam if they want Iraq war to end. His beard, which previously was mostly gray, now entirely dark. THIS IS THE TOTALLY FAKED ONE WITH THE FAT RIGHT HANDED BIN LADEN
- July 1, 2006: Endorses new leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, and denounces Iraqi Shiite leaders as traitors in 19-minute audiotape.
- June 30, 2006: Praises al-Muhajer's predecessor, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed by U.S. airstrike. Audio message, also 19 minutes, packaged with old photo of bin Laden and images of al-Zarqawi.
- May 23, 2006: Says in audiotape that convicted terror plotter Zacarias Moussaoui had nothing to do with Sept. 11 attack.
- April 23, 2006: Accuses West of making war on Islam in audiotape and urges followers to go to Sudan to fight a proposed U.N. peacekeeping force for Darfur.
- Jan. 19, 2006: Warns in audiotape that his fighters are preparing new attacks in U.S. but offers Americans a "long-term truce" without specifying conditions.
- Dec. 28, 2004: Endorses al-Zarqawi as his deputy in Iraq and calls in hour-long audiotape for Iraqis to boycott elections.
- Dec. 16, 2004: Praises militants who attacked U.S. consulate in Saudi Arabia and calls in audiotape for militants to stop the flow of oil to the West.
- Oct. 29, 2004: Says in audiotape that U.S. can avoid another Sept. 11 attack if it stops threatening security of Muslims.
- May 6, 2004: Promises in audio message to pay rewards of gold for the killing of U.S. and U.N. officials in Iraq.
- April 15, 2004: Offers truce to European countries that do not attack Muslims, speaking on audiotape.
- Jan. 4, 2004: Says war in Iraq is the beginning of the "occupation" of Persian Gulf states for their oil. Audio message urges Muslims to keep fighting a holy war in the Middle East.
- Sept. 10, 2003: Appearing in first video in nearly two years, walks through rocky terrain with top deputy Ayman al-Zawahri. Accompanying audio message praises the "great damage to the enemy" done by the Sept. 11 attack and mentions five hijackers by name.

apnews.excite.com...

As real as the tooth fairy, or the Easter bunny, good one! Been dead for more tha the 5 years we have been in Iraq, "spreading democracy" while taking it away at home. Damn hypocrites! More propaganda from Bush, Cheney, and the whole bunch, that are the real terrorists! OBL = Oswald = Patsy

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

If we aren't supposed to be there in the first place, it doesn't matter if we're paving the streets with gold and wiping everybody's butts for them. We went in there in after getting all wound up because of the WTC bombings, supposedly to find who did it and bring them to justice, and we never did.

I don't care what wonderful things we've done for the people there. We could have done those same wonderful things for anybody. Pick any country where things suck. There are plenty. The mission was a failure and we shouldn't be there.

You have an excellent point there my friend, however I was merely commenting on the approach that the media takes when covering the war on terrorism. I absolutely agree with your standpoint though.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that Pope Benedict or anybody in the Vatican are concerned too much with Islamic extremists. The Vatican has more modern security, better intel, and are better capable of repelling a threat than the US is!

Then again, they have a LOT more money.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Too bad we can't start a poll..... (why can't we have a poll btw)

Who here believes Bin Laden is still alive:

Who here believes Bin Laden is working with the U.S.?

Who here believes Bin Laden is not alive and not working with the U.S.?

I for one believe he is alive and well living in a mansion some where.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join