It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Offers Military Help to Kosovo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Bush Offers Military Help to Kosovo

www.rawstory.com

Bush signed a Presidential Determination granting Kosovo eligibility to receive defense articles and defense services under the Foreign Assistance Act and the Arms Export Control Act, which require that the president determine that military assistance "will strengthen the security of the United States and promote world peace."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Uh-Oh...Could this be the spark that makes all hell break loose? I know Russia has sent out several warnings to the West to stay out of this...I hope this doesn't spark WWIII.

I'm not seeing anything about man or airpower yet, so it looks like we're just going to be arming them at this point?

This whole Kosovo thing has given me an uneasy feeling since the beginning...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I agree this does not look good if military aid will indeed go to Kosovo. I don't know how the rest of the world will look at it as I have not followed the developing newly formed nation. However here is some more information. There is a lot of gaps, but the 50% unemployment did stick out. That leads me to think if the country is stabilized, that the wold bank will be more then will to jump in with there loans. So yes some one is going to say it sooner or later, NWO, globalist ect. They will all be having there hand in it.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Does this guy WANT WW3? with Cheney wanting to glass everything that moves - and serbia tied up to the hilt in defence with russia - and now bush wants to square off against russia - this guy is nuts.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Brilliant, that's just what this country needs, to get our military involved in another pointless conflict under false pretenses.

2009 can't come soon enough

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
He wants to send weapons to them?

How about we send them more food and medicine, if we are going to send anything at all.

Or we could, you know, just not send anything and try to clean up the mess in our own backyard.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
But war is love and spending lives is making money.

George Orwell, you had it just right.

The only benefit to the 'war president' and his cohorts is the money that will flow from American tax dollars into the Industrial Military Complex coffers.

I mean, if you don't blow it up, no-one will need to re-build it.

If you don't destroy a nations agriculture, you won't be selling them food.

If you don't destroy governments through one means or another, you can't rebuilt them the way you'd like.

Naomi Klien called it Disaster Capitalism in her book, The Shock Doctrine.

She's bang on with that because THAT is what's going on. Kosovo is just another crisis on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

He probably will, but now hes just backing Kosovo by putting them under American umbrella for protection against Russian invovlement when Bush recognized Kosovo as an independent state.

Kind of like the U.S.S. Oregon or some American ship I forgot backing Panamanian independence from Colombia in return for access to the canal which we built.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
link not even working............

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
However I did a search this is truly breaking news and a concern for the USA. Georgia Busch is really getting us into something - READ THIS

President Vladimir Putin issued a sharp warning to the West about the consequences of recognizing Kosovo's independence, saying the decision would "come back to knock them on the head."headline]
www.newser.com...

- now im going with just quotes of certain parts in this[just read the full article first......

Earlier Friday, Russia's NATO ambassador, Dmitry Rogozin, said the Russian military also might get involved if all European Union nations recognize Kosovo's independence without United Nations agreement and if NATO oversteps its authority in Kosovo.

He couched his threat, however, assuring that Russia was not currently making plans for a military confrontation.

AHEM, sure ok cool everything is ok..

"If the European Union works out a single position or NATO goes beyond its current mandate in Kosovo, these organizations will conflict with the United Nations," Rogozin said in a televised hookup from NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.

Ithat happens, Russia "will proceed from the assumption that to be respected, we have to use brute military force," he said.

DO WHAT? I thought he said.....? Now we're getting somewhere......Its going to backfire on someone.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, you can calm down it seems now,
the dates of the news articles show the time line of events.

FEBRUARY 22nd.
Putin warns Kosovo will 'come back to knock' the West, as NATO envoy lashes out

FEBRUARY 22nd (aswell)
Serb Tanks moving into position on Kosovo border
See: link

MARCH 18th.
RUSSIA and the United States sounded upbeat about easing tensions between the two powers as President Vladimir Putin welcomed a "very serious" letter from US leader George W. Bush.
see : link

Follow everything in Chronological order and it seems a truce has been called.

At least we can breathe for a little while.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsFrickenAndrew

www.guardian.co.uk...

and johnsky - far from `calm down` feeding weapons and other `assistance` which could be US forces into the area is fueling them even more.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So he's sending weapons to Kosovo, next on the list is sending weapons to Tibet to help them with their independence. Ticking off Russia is not going to be any fun if we don't tick of China just for kicks. I am more and more amazed by the actions pres numbnuts takes, what a decider he is. By the time the elections come around we will be at war with Russia and China. Nice job America, nice job. I am so proud of this moronic nation I live in (still rather live here than some other third world country, for now at least).

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
well that completely throws out the window suggestions over the 'secret letter'

unless the letter speficially said
'' we will back kosovo, and give you ............''

Or have we renegged in the opening stages of a deal?

'' we'll back of kosovo, if you....''
..... Nah hell with that, lets back them!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

From what I can make out, the 'serious letter' was about the nuke shields in europe and Iran so not necessarily about the Kosovo thing...could be wrong.
I personally think it was later than expected. It was only a matter of time since the US instigated the separation in the first place. I am actually surprised they didnt have them in the country before indipendence for Justin Case.
The way I see it the US needs as many armed allied in europe as they can get.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
How about we send them more food and medicine, if we are going to send anything at all.]

Why the hell would you want to send food and medicine to someone?

It's a proven fact that more jobs can be created by sending bullets and bombs than rice and bandaids.

Once everything falls apart, more people will line up for a steady paycheck to shoot a gun, than care for the sick.

I couln't think of a better region to start WWIII than Serbia or Kosivo. Those people hate each other. Send 'em some bombs and bullets and then feed 'em some propaganda and you got yourself a fire, big enough to engulf Isreal and the middle east.

The whole euro-asian continent will go up in a huge inferno.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

MARCH 18th.
RUSSIA and the United States sounded upbeat about easing tensions between the two powers as President Vladimir Putin welcomed a "very serious" letter from US leader George W. Bush.
see : link

Follow everything in Chronological order and it seems a truce has been called.

C'mon johnsky... they just finally let Putin in on the 'grand plan'

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
And as expected, seems Russia is already getting pissed about this. Serb leaders were enraged as well. This has the potential to get very, very ugly...

"They ( Washington) say the weapons will help fight terrorism. At the same time, it is namely former terrorists who are in power right now," Itar-Tass quoted Rogozin as saying in Brussels. "How can you fight Terrorism, supplying weapons to former terrorists?"

Source:
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
On this very special day ...i also fight for peace...but not with guns or killing people as they do...this is...good friday...Christ...you do not know whi i am..because what you...humanity does...does matter...i have always in every lifetime been a carpenter...that carpenter...and to wake up here again as i did a long time ago to this...well ...let me tell you this humanity...this is not working...you have all, well most of you become sucked into the " more is better" scheme of things....the distractions...does that make sense....sensei.? i leave you with the thought...that this a very small planet, with limited resources, which we continuallyabuse, if we as a species...wish to flourish here, we do not have space travel yet, so that's not a reallity....we came here from elsewhere..where do we go from here? happy good friday mayan first day..all of it to you and yours....voodmon out.....smiles

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

but terrorism started on 9/11 and they have to be muslim - or they don`t count

top topics

<<   2 >>

join