It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia now has #1 fighter plane in the world... SU-30-

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So, while this SU is stopping and vectoring and looking pretty and the body is echoing a HUGE radar signature, the pilot will NEVER see the single Raptor 90 miles away who takes out the whole flight without even pulling more than 2G.

As an aside, I can't wait till the Typhoon is modified for stealth.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If he hasn't seen the F-22 why is he vectoring?

The Typhoon is already as stealthy as it is ever likely to be.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HatTrick

hahaha sounds so much like the reason they gave for getting rid of the cannon on the F-4. Honestly its extremely hard to weigh which tech will prosper and which will fail. Even the USAF and their friends in the Mc Donald Douglas have been wrong before.

I know its an opinion that you stated but that type of comments and thinkin has been proven wrong more then once

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sukhoi Su-30 #1?
The link 404's...and the Su-30 is...old...1989 to be exact.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Sukhoi Su-30 (NATO reporting name "Flanker-C") is an agile military aircraft developed by Russia's Sukhoi Aviation Corporation and introduced into operational service in 1996. It is an air superiority fighter that can also perform ground strikes.

The aircraft is a modernized version of the Su-27UB and has several variants. The Su-30K and Su-30MK series have had commercial success. The variants are manufactured by competing organizations: KNAAPO and the IRKUT Corporation, both of which come under the Sukhoi group's umbrella. KNAAPO manufactures the Su-30MKK and the Su-30MK2, which were designed for and sold to China. Irkut makes the long-range, multirole Su-30MK series. The series includes the Su-30MKI developed for the Indian Air Force and its derivatives, the MKM, MKA and MKV for Malaysia, Algeria and Venezuela respectively.

It's a "pretty" plane, but so was the YF-23. You aren't giving us anything that hasn't been reported before. A Raptor would tear up a Flanker-C.

I would like to see the S-37 (Su-47 for the old timers) Berkut/Royal Eagle, be rolled out, just to see what the US will roll out with it...imagine, some next gen fighters that are stable, that us forward swept wings

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
FSW a/c tend to have poor frontal RCS. I think that's one reason you didn't see more people pursue it. No doubt about the fact it makes the plane extremely maneuverable. I think if I were going to pursue a FSW, I would build a small light-weight fighter to complement my stealthier interceptors. Smaller than the Sukhoi models. If you combined FSW with vectored thrust, and helmet sighting and a missle with "full sphere capability" I think you've got an unbeatable combination IF you can see your target.
In a stand off fight, you'd want a F-22 everytime, but most theorists agree that "dogfighting" isn't going to disappear. There the Sukhoi's certainly seem to have an edge.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I understand that...
But Sukhoi's VISIBLY closer to achieving this than the US is, I think that much has been made clear. The X-29 wasn't necessarily a craft to brag about.

I do hover think that the existance of the X-36 could be rather interesting in the future. (Unrelated note)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think they need to scale down the Berkut concept to a cheap affordable fighter, and they might have a successful export fighter. In a purely defensive fighter the higher RCS would not matter much. The question is can they keep thrust vectoring and the other extras necessary on a smaller airframe and still be cost competitive on the export market. Most countries don't need a F-22 or even Su-47. They need a capable fighter affordable enough to buy in reasonable numbers.
OT: The amazing thing about the x-36, imo, was not the performance but the fact that they designed and built them with a total product budget under $20M!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If he hasn't seen the F-22 why is he vectoring?

Why, they are tangling with UAV's that are trying to deliver payload, of course.

Typhoon stealth

The Super Hornet's radar signature is much lower than, say, the F-18A. Things that were done: different intakes, different paint, fewer rounded and vertical surfaces, etc... I think the Typhoon (my favorite aircraft ever) has some room for improvement in the stealth dep't.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The Raptor SHOULD most certainly tear up any Su-30 variant with considerable
ease. Nobody in the Su fan club is arguing that (If they are then they're blind)

The Raptor was specifically designed to deal with threats that the F-15 may not be so capable of overcoming everytime; e.g. the Su-30

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
thats so true, the Indian Air Force has the best su 30s, they are called su 30mki. they have over 50 right now. they also have the license to produce 140 more of those. they cost more to make than regular su 30s that russia and china has.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You see the Illuminati have been using the high fuel prices over the years to build the Russian military to a level over ours with the money. They have purposely produced low quality equipment for us to insure we will lose this next war to set up the World Order. They did the same thing in the Japanese/Russian war, WWI, and several other conflicts. Its how they do business. Our gas masks were substandard in the first gulf war. The Eastern European equipment was of much better quality. This was no accident. Saddam used Chemical agents in small quantities against our troops. The US alarms were not working properly. The Czek. alarms were going off............

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Only the Russian military remains significantly smaller than the United States and its allies, yet the price of oil has dropped almost $100.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
They are with the Chinese in Mexico. The Russians are located in the US working with the UN and US troops. The Russians are in Alaska and south America. they are ready to invade from Mexico, Cubans and Russians from cuba....

They will spread chemtrails along the Ft Worth, Dallas, southern calf. and La. they are already testing the mix over Dallas according to my sources.

Martial law is coming and just as Kissinger said....

21 May 1991 - "Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all people of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government." - Henry Kissinger in an address to the Bilderberger meeting at Evian, France,. Transcribed from a tape recording made by one of the Swiss delegates.

June 1991 - "We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries." David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
My ex boss who was a 1 star was an F-15 driver and he told me one time he and 5 other F-15s went up against 2 F-22s and they were all dead before they could even locate the 22s.

His words..."All I can say is they cheated in a way that puts us all back on page one of rewriting the book on fighters."

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This is the one to worry about the new Su-47
uk.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The Rothschilds funded Japan and Russia in their war in 1904. As planned they pulled the funding and supplies from Russia to cause them to be defeated. This set up the Russian revolution in 1905 and Wall Street funding Lenin and 10 years later the Bolsheviks. They later with Prescott bush, DuPonts, Henry ford, Warburgs, et al, funded Hitler fully, for WWII. We are now the patsy.....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join