It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of Global Warming's Missing Heat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No proof of Global Warming.

www.npr.org

Some 3,000 scientific robots that are plying the ocean have sent home a puzzling message. These diving instruments suggest that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past four or five years. That could mean global warming has taken a breather. Or it could mean scientists aren't quite understanding what their robots are telling them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-3-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just another bit of proof for all those doom-sayers out there. I believe that you will see more and more of these types of studies released.
Where is Al Gore now?

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That's because Gore did not invent the robots, ..or maybe he did?

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So at what point do we get the journalist to stop saying that they are reading the data wrong, and just admit that this idea was all wrong in the first place! I met Al Gore once. He wasted more energy than most average people do. (at my hotel)
So where has he gone this last year, While the flame has been turned up on those scientists that betrayed the public for a few million in grants?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
the flame has been turned up on those scientists that betrayed the public for a few million in grants?

I know. All that money Arrhenius and Callendar made .....

Beware of nasty ad homs - they may come back to bite you

(However I have no problem with attacks on politicians, the media or other public commentators who have distorted the science and created the modern misconceptions about anthropogenic climate change
)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I know what you mean. I am not starting a thread to attack any particular politician or scientist. I believe that mankind does have some effect on the environment, just not the one that these people have been claiming. This was the same blatant fear-mongering that V.P. Gore administered with the Y2K virus. It is all a sham to promote a certain agenda. How much research was wasted and how many of the brightest minds distracted by these lies? If these same minds had been focused on easing real pollution, or new technologies, how much better off would we be now?
-Jason

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

ScienceDaily (Dec. 7, 2006) — Alarming new satellite data show that the warming of the world's oceans is reducing ocean life while contributing to increased global warming.

Consensus of scientists regarding global warming
The ocean's food chain is based upon the growth of billions upon billions of microscopic plants. New satellite data show that ocean warming is reducing these plants ---- thus imperiling ocean fisheries and marine life, according to an article in the Nov. 7 issue of the scientific journal Nature.

www.sciencedaily.com...

This is the exact opposite of the research offered just a year and a half ago. So why is this being perpetrated? Why is the truth just coming out now? And why are the scientists who put these theories out there not defending them anymore? They expect the MSM to do the rejecting of these competing theories for them.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Okay, not that I'm looking for a fight, but where are all of those ATS'ers that claim all this mumbo-jumbo is real? are you afraid to have to admit that this has all been a big scam?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I will try to give this a bump, but it looks as though my threads all crawl away under some dark porch, and die. I wonder if I wrote about a three headed monster hidden by the gov't, would you all read then? Conspiracy and hating big business goes away when presented with actual facts. Even when it looks like the media will "run" with any story blaming the U.S. for global warming, but shies away from any story that would prove these claims false.

And then the boy cried "wolf" a second time.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Doubled up. sorry...

top topics

join