It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else experiencing higher awareness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
For the past year or so I have days where everything just clicks and I can see everything in a new light. On these days i'll walk outside and just breathe in the fresh air and admire the beauty of nature, it's so hard for me to explain exactly how I feel when I have these 'feelings' (if that is the correct word), but it's like everything is alive, and I can see colors that I have never seen before, like i'm connected to every living thing out their, spiritually that is.

On these days the way I think mentally is completely different, I can come up with answers to everyone of my problems, I have zero stress, and it feels amazing.

For example, one day I went down to this cave at the end of my road, it's beautiful, green moss covers all the rocks and their are several waterfalls, and when the wind blows I swear I can hear it whispering something in my ear, can't ever make it out though. Well I sat down in front of the cave as I usually do and just clear my mind and let whatever comes to my mind come and then I let it leave whenever it wants to leave, well a thought came to my mind about how the universe, and time and everything else perplexing to us humans came to be, and it just clicked, everything came together in my mind like the pieces of a galactic puzzle, it was an amazing experience and it would have taken me an infinited amount of pages to write down what exactly I knew or what I thought I knew, but unfortunately I have lost this information, it comes and gos about once a month.

Actually this experience is what led me to ATS almost a year ago, I thought I would finally share it and ask if other people have had moments like these. Thankyou.

Almost forgot to mention something. Ever since this has started the weather has had more profound affects on my life than ever before, this experiences seem to happen more on beautiful days, on cloudy/rainy days i'm as depressed as can be, it's like I NEED the sun to be out, not like I want the sun to be out, kinda strange? And it's also harder for me to keep warm, I get cold very easily and I keep a heater in my room now so my room is always the hottest in the house.

This may be natural, but I would appreciate hearing from someone who can relate.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Uniceft17]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Makes you wish you didn't yell at your dad so much when you were younger eh?

This is nothing new, we all get wiser/better with age....just like a fine wine....

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Can't say for certain that things like this has any thing to do with spirituality though.

Sometimes our brain works better than on other days, like having a peak performance.
Days like these we are more perceptive than usual, we see more, we hear more.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Odd you should ask this.

I am having wierd moments where eveything seems quiet, serene and smooth - like I am gliding through life. I can see colors, smell the air.

I guess it is 'yes'.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Odd you should ask this.

I am having wierd moments where eveything seems quiet, serene and smooth - like I am gliding through life. I can see colors, smell the air.

I guess it is 'yes'.

Ironically, (if we want to roll with this theory).....there is always a calm before the 'STORM'. Just like when the tide goes out before the 'TSUNAMI'!!

The pendulum swings both ways, so to speak. For every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Is something heading straight for us?

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hi.

For the last couple of months i have been feeling more aware of my surrondings,almost like a veil has been pulled away from my eyes.

I also have a feeling of anticipation,like something big is just around the corner.

I have tried to convince others about my feelings and try to tell them that they should try and be more aware of whats going on around them,but mostly i am met with indifference.

It's good to hear someone else is experiencing heightened senses.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
They call it mania when you feel this way. The problem is or so I'm told is after mania the person usualy crashes into deppression. I hope it's something different though.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Threads at this site seem to pop up so conveniently.

I am on spring break right now, and after cramming for exams (my school does trimesters) I have noticed a radical change in the perception of just about everything.

I gained an appreciation for nature, increased patience, and I am quite happy with the changes. Hopefully the **** isn't about to hit the fan. Oh, wait, I go back to school monday

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Some advice, which I am still in the process of implementing fully....

On the days when you feel scummy, make sure you take a look at your negative reactions a split second after you have them. Stop yourself and ask yourself "What exactly am I getting riled up about?"

99.9% of the time, you'll end up laughing at the rediculousness of it, and your mood will improve almost instantaneously.

It's okay to have emotions. Don't feel like you have to be happy al the time... but when you are feeling down, just experience it, rather than becoming it.

Thinking too much will only lead you in circles, because your brain will not be able to slow down enough in order to process the evolution of your existence.

In my opinion, enlightenment is really just becoming more of an observer of yourself and your environment, rather than letting it become your sole identifier.

It's good to hear. Don't let yourself get too wrapped up in "enlightenment", though. Once again, if you think too much about it, you will get consumed by it, and probably go off the deep end.

Just think of it as better observation of your being. It's not like some super universe juice has seeped in from the ether. By sitting in front of that cave and letting go, you are slowing down your "doing", and becoming more comfortable with your "being".... and this is where the great ideas and minds come from.

We're gunna have our rough days. Just remember to weather them like any other day.

A warning to you. There may come a time where you become disillusioned with the whole enlightenment path you've decided to go down... but I've learned that it's something you don't wanna overload yourself on. It's a natural progression. You can't rush nature.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

On these days the way I think mentally is completely different, I can come up with answers to everyone of my problems, I have zero stress, and it feels amazing.

...a thought came to my mind about how the universe, and time and everything else perplexing to us humans came to be, and it just clicked, everything came together in my mind like the pieces of a galactic puzzle...

... it's like I NEED the sun to be out, not like I want the sun to be out, kinda strange? And it's also harder for me to keep warm, I get cold very easily and I keep a heater in my room now so my room is always the hottest in the house.

Hi Uniceft17

I can totally relate to this. I don't agree that it has anything to do with being manic or some medical impairment...this happens to me often many times in the state between wakefulness and sleep but also like you say on certain days. I find that the knowledge I have then is lost very quickly and many times do I not have a chance to write it down either. I also feel cold a lot even in the summer. It feels like I can detect small drops in temperature very easily and it manifests as feeling cold. I also feel like I NEED the sun.

I'll mark this thread as a favourite and see if anyone has any clues as to why this happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I would like to chime in if i may,

I think when the OP said about the weather affecting this state of mind is only natural. Since my early teenage years I can remember feeling more open minded, aware, and appreciative on certain days. Usually it happens in spring and fall.

In spring when everything is bursting back to life and the temperature is warm and comfortable I find myself to be very content, and calm. I love to walk around outside and and just let my mind open to its surroundings, listen to the birds, and allow my stress to lift right out of my body.

In the fall I often end up driving around and enjoying the amazing visuals of the autumn leaves while the wind blows them around in swirls and vortexes on the ground.

I believe nature has a great deal to do with the human mind, or perhaps its the other way around, but either way something does happen. It is definitely easier to tap into distant memories, and a so called higher awareness on these perfect days. After all, we live and die in this world and to not stop and appreciate it for what it really is now and then is a mistake a lot of make.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This seems to happen to me alot in the spring. I identify with the "feeling of anticipation," and I also feel more emotionally at peace with the universe this time of year. Maybe the winter just bums me out? Anybody feel their energy kind of drain before a rainstorm/snowstorm? That happens to me all year long and I hate it! I'm not afraid of storms in the least, but I always know a few hours before one comes because my energy is noticably lower. Is there a word for this conditon?

top topics

join