It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Using our Tax dollars for Advanced Solar Powered Parking Meters while we are left behind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If you you live in certain states you have probably seen these solar powered parking meters and when I first saw one I felt it was a big slap in the face.

Solar Powered Parking Meters

Our own government is utilizing alternative energies such as solar power with our tax
dollars yet they expect us to remain in the dark ages by preventing and discouraging us
from having things like electric cars.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

That's hilarious, they use this type of tech to charge you fees for parking, yet there are so many other things solar energy could be doing. I am not saying that the government does not use solar Technology(Obviously they are, just take a look at the picture), but they are using it for stupid purposes, and they are not using it enough.. I agree with the OP on this one. It is a big slap in the face.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by darcon]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah it's a little insulting - I believe they also use small electric vehicles in certain cities to actually patrol the the parking meters for writing tickets and such as well.

So what we have here is the utilization of alternative energies springing up around the the whole government business of fining us and making sure we pay for our archaic gas burning vehicles which they more or less force us to drive by more or less inhibiting the manufacture and sale of electric cars for civilians so they can keep taxing us for the gas.

Oh the Irony!!!!

[edit on 19-3-2008 by CyberTruth]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There not even making an effort anymore to hide such things. Your first post is proof. They are using Solar energy to tax us, yet we still have too go out and buy gas, which by the way is insanely high.

new topics

top topics

join