It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain supports Israeli response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

US presidential hopeful John McCain says he understands Israel's response to rocket attacks by Palestinian militant groups.

"No nation in the world can be attacked without responding," he told reporters

"The fact is I come from a border state and if people were rocketing my state, I think that the citizens from my state would advocate a very vigorous response," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Of course.

Israel finances their campaigns.

It makes sense to 'tow the line' with the Hebrew state.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

McCain has no problem supporting the Israelis attack the Palestinians, but shows no heart when the Palestinians defend themselves. I am not naiive to think that there are militant Palestinians who seek to cause harm to the Israelis however.

With that being said, how can someone support one side so blindly, yet not care to even see the other side's point of view?

I have a serious problem with people who blindly defend Israel as a Middle Eastern "democracy" when at the same time they bulldoze Palestinian homes.

I'm sorry, but neither side is "good" and free of a tarnished reputation in my book.

If Israel wasn't there in the first place, maybe there wouldn't be so many problems in the Middle East. But no, the UN just had to send people into preoccupied land.

Smart move

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Yeah, biggie, BOTH sides have a story...

Grateful i'm in America, ya know? (for now).

What bugs me, is that John McCain was a prisoner of war as a younger
man. He knows the horrors of war first-hand; you would think that he'd
oppose ANY war, the way normal people do!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Those Viets did him good. Pushed him to the edge. When he goes to war, he thinks hes at war with his torturers.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

"The fact is I come from a border state and if people were rocketing my state, I think that the citizens from my state would advocate a very vigorous response" - McCain

What about when the border state starts setting up military outposts on your state, then start building homes for their citizens, then bulldoze your citizen's houses, then take away the guns from your police force, then control the electriciy and water supply for your whole state, then cut off that electricity and water supply to punish the whole state, then set up road blocks making sure anyone who wants to leave their town must give their name and personal info and background every time they want to step outside, then that military sees a criminal they want so they bomb and entire building killing people who had nothing to do with that crime, then they kill children and innocents, then they build a fence around the entire state so they have control over all movement, then they claim you don't live in a state because your state doesn't have a right to exist when theirs does, then they bring in tanks and shoot them into buildings, then they kidnap people and take them to jail to torture and not tell their families when they will ever be back?

What then, Mr. McCain? Would you still advocate the military to take any action necessary to seek revenge on a rocket attack if it were your border state in this condition, and allow the world to turn a blind eye to your state's suffering, or would you fight back?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

news.bbc.co.uk

US presidential hopeful John McCain says he understands Israel's response to rocket attacks by Palestinian militant groups.

"No nation in the world can be attacked without responding," he told reporters

"The fact is I come from a border state and if people were rocketing my state, I think that the citizens from my state would advocate a very vigorous response," he said.

McCain is our guy. If anyone has the where with all to nuke the planet it's John. Let's get this party started and de-populate the planet.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

CX

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
"No nation in the world can be attacked without responding," he told reporters.

I guess he'll be fine with Iran not just sitting there when the US go in then?

CX.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Ohh, i think i see what you mean, deltaboy;

The Cong torturing him, actually instilled a fierce motivation to have
another go; with more zeal, huh?

" Let me at them " ! ! !

top topics

join