It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Kidney Changed My Whole Personality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

New Kidney Changed My Whole Personality

www.telegraph.co.uk

A woman claims to have undergone a complete "personality transplant" after receiving a new kidney.

Cheryl Johnson, 37, says she has changed completely since receiving the organ in May. She believes that she must have picked up her new characteristics from the donor, a 59-year-old man who died from an aneurysm.

Now, not only has her personality changed, the single mother also claims that her tastes in literature have taken a dramatic turn. Whereas she only used to read low-brow novels, Dostoevsky has become her author of choice since the transplant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread2640/pg1&colorshift=yes

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This reminds me of the movie "the eye". It's weird but there appears to be a cellular memory phenomenon. Never know what sort of baggage that organ might be carrying.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Interesting article to say the least.

It could show one of a few things in my opinion,

That cellular memory is indeed a reality (regardless of what biology and science today says) and that we need to start hitting the books again, Victorian style.

That nothing has changed, people still make stuff up to get a bit of the limelight.

Take your pick of either, I like to believe it's the first, but the second is also a good contender.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

I've heard a few cases like this. People picking up new hobbies/whole new lifestyles after a transplant. Only to later find out that the person who they got the liver/kidney/frontal lobe from was into these new interests.

I can't explain it,and I love it

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Pretty cool! Unless you get a transplant from a psycho.

There's much we don't know about DNA, let alone reality itself. I'm also reminded about something I read about in regards to the holographic universe theory:

In a series of landmark experiments in the 1920s, brain scientist Karl Lashley found that no matter what portion of a rat's brain he removed he was unable to eradicate its memory of how to perform complex tasks it had learned prior to surgery. The only problem was that no one was able to come up with a mechanism that might explain this curious "whole in every part" nature of memory storage.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well ,there is TOO much "junk" DNA, so certain cellular memory might exist, however i tend to think this is hormonal issue + better toxin removal. After all,the way we feel could change our behavior. Not sure about transition from pulp fiction to serious "boring" novels...
Also- no need of dialysis is a big change by itself.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am going out right now and kidnap Tiger Woods.

Why with his kidney I would be the best white golfer in the world.

top topics

join