It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US blocks Venezuelan purchase of food

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Canada? .. Never heard that before. Shows my ignorance! .. regardless..

A blockade on our fourth largest importer would drive oil prices well past $4 a gallon...

Hello? Where have you been the last month? What do you think caused the 60 cents a gallon increase in the price of gasoline, just recently?

Well, sorry to say, but here is some more information showing yet more ignorance. Not to single you out, however, as I was surprised that given the discussion in this thread, somebody didn't already remind people of the events that just happened!

The "blockade on our fourth largest importer" ALREADY happened and was the cause of the lastest jump from around $3/g to $3.60/g. The US along with BP Oil Company won an injunction in British court freezing 12 billion dollars of Venezuela's state run oil cooperatives' assets. This led to Chavez retaliation by ending oil sales to BP and thus to the US. Boom, gas jumped 60 cents a gallon in 1 1/2 weeks.

However, yesterday the injuction freezing those $12 billion in assets was lifted by a British court. So for now, we shouldn't be sweating it so much. However, I haven't heard from BP that there supply line from Venezuela is back to normal, so who knows?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

I read through your post and didn't see any links to validate your claim. Lets see some proof that this supposed blockade already happened.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just hope this is not for real! This is getting all out of hands. What these zionist idiots in a white house think they are?
How they can declare who is terrorist state if they them selfs are running and sponsoring terrorism all over the globe just for the profit and power gain.
Makes me sick.
And where is UN and other countries to put the foot down and say enough with US forces terrorizing poor and other states who do not want to bow to their totalitarian regime.
Hope that plaque will enter that white house of evil and finish them off.
For the religious ones. Where is the all mighty to get rid of the scums like that? How come good People are suffering and rockefeller's, morgans and rotschild's are running federal reserve, all TV stations, US army, supplying israel with nukes and biological weapons, killing millions since WWII.
He certainly works in a mysterious way, doesn't it

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
(sarcastically
Ah gee, we're gonna need some additional homeland security if we keep playing this kind of diplomacy around the world. I don't suppose this has anything to do with Chavez starting to sign oil contracts for Euros, does it? (of course it does!)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor

I read through your post and didn't see any links to validate your claim. Lets see some proof that this supposed blockade already happened.

Okay, since "you don't believe me" without links being provided and somehow failed to hear about this situation when it actually happened, I will spoon feed you the information. However, I must admit that I was wrong, it was Exxon, not BP that was involved. Here are two links to two other ats threads related to the above situation which did already happen. FYI....All I did was a five-second search for the terms "Venezuela Exxon".

Venezuelan/Exxon asset freeze in British court ruling (From Feb. 2nd, 2008)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Venezuela halts oil sales to Exxon (From Feb. 12th, 2008)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And a link to the lifting of the asset freeze (From March 19th, 2008)
www.topix.com...

Now do you believe me, this already happened and it seems most missed it...this was the real reason behind the 15-20% price increase in gasoline in recent times. Educate yourselves people, knowledge is power.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Are you guys going to war with Venezuela??

The war with the US has already begun and they are blocking our purchases of food", Venezuelan Minister Ramón Rodríguez Chacín told viewers on Venezuelan TV

Or is it just their anticipation?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Wait you used links from threads here at ATS to support your story?

See how it works is simple. If you purport to know a story, and you make claims, then you need to validate them. I don't know you from Adam so I have no reason to take anything you write on a message board as being truthful or factual. Thus the burden to 'prove' yourself and your POV is on you.

As for all this, how is this blockade being run? I am not buying this at all, and despite your ha! spoonfeeding, I am not seeing any actual proof or evidence of this supposed blockade. Seems like more Anti-American propaganda that is very prevalent in the world today.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

Yeah here is the usual its all the Jews and Americans fault!!

What a sad display of hatred spewed here in that post. If something is wrong in the world it must be the Jews right? Really, how sad is that? Please try to remember that this is 2008 and not 1930's/40's Germany.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
reply to post by Apolon

Yeah here is the usual its all the Jews and Americans fault!!

What a sad display of hatred spewed here in that post. If something is wrong in the world it must be the Jews right? Really, how sad is that? Please try to remember that this is 2008 and not 1930's/40's Germany.

Well perhaps not Jews per se, Zionists maybe....

www.serendipity.li...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well, let him put his own words in my mouth if that makes him happy. I will just answer it by posting one of mine all time favorite sites yet again to speak for me.
I suggest strongly you read this before you start overusing that zionist white house run lingo.

www.jewsnotzionists.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

For some it is easier to blame a group they hate then blame those who are actually behind the problem, namely Chavez.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by KMFNWO

With the high percentage of food that Venezuela imports, this could be very serious.

www. cpa. org. au
(visit the link for the full news article)

I believe we import more oil from them then anywhere else in the world..

A Blockade of the country would also block exports.. including oil..

It would appear as if the American government cares less and less about its own survival....

No...The US imports more oil from Canada...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yes Chavez is threatening US and whole wide world.
They have discovered massive Oil reserve in Venezuela and US immediately decided to brand them terrorists, go in a "free the poor People" from them selfs

You need education and very quickly mate.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

Yeah that's exactly how it happened....

The one needing education here is you. Look up the wanna be castro dictator chavez and see that problems with him started well before Bush came into power here. But like I said, its easier to blame the US and Jews rather then see the truth of the matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apolon
Yes Chavez is threatening US and whole wide world.
They have discovered massive Oil reserve in Venezuela and US immediately decided to brand them terrorists, go in a "free the poor People" from them selfs

You need education and very quickly mate.

Did you know, that there is more untapped oil resources in Alaska, and in and around US coastal regions, that dwarfs the Mid East oil deposits?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

You are right about oil resources found but they are ones in Venezuela.
They dwarf all others according to experts.
You now put two and two together and you will see the pattern in US wish to get involved in that area. Of course no self-respecting government or People would ever allow foreign forces and company to drain their natural resources if they can do it them selfs.
Since President Chavez is intelligent Person and Patriot he said F... O.. to US and their oil companies who elect your puppet president and as a result suddenly we see Venezuela branded as a terrorist country by a country that supports terrorism in israel, Afghanistan, Iraq and basically everywhere there is something to be ripped of.
Isn't that just peachy and coincidental? Use the brain People! If that stinking genocidal government says something it is bound to be a lie if there is billions to be made.
Nobody threatened US or NATO yet they are bombing, invading, dividing, terrorizing, abusing, steeling resources all over the world.
What 21st century are you talking about? We have seen more wars and suffering now in the last 15 years thanks to the fact US become sole super power and tried to exterminate all undesirables.
Yugoslavia has defended for 78 days and nights straight against the onslaught and whole country was bombed indiscriminately.
Iraq followed once again for no reason either apart from fact to keep eyes of the public from israeli genocide against legal residents in Palestine state.
This pigs in a white house have perfected genocide and conquered 3/4 of the world. Hitler is a Baby in comparasing to them!
How do you call the FACT that US posses around 700 military basses in over 170 countries!?
If there are only 200+ in the world that in my vocabulary is called major Feudal-totalitarian imperialism, nothing less.
Wake up and smell the coffee as they say in US!!!
Reason US has been grilled by People and some governments across the globe is because nobody likes Nazi in a white house.
When I called them Nazi I should separate the real Nazi from WWII who pale in comparasing to those pigs inhabiting white house and Washington power centers.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Apolon]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Looks like it's time to get the UN oil for food program running again.

Maybe they'll drag up Kofi Anan's son to run it. He did a heckuva job the in Iraq.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by ColdWater]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

There is so much wrong and ignorant of this post that I will just highlight 2 major faults with it.

1. You do realize that AQ based in Afghanistan, attacked the US on 9/11 right? Since we were attacked, we have the right to fight back.

2. Yugoslavia. Maybe you should talk to the muslims and Croats from there whose family and friends were buried during the ethnic cleansing that happened there.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
US monitor wrote:
"There is so much wrong and ignorant of this post that I will just highlight 2 major faults with it.

1. You do realize that AQ based in Afghanistan, attacked the US on 9/11 right? Since we were attacked, we have the right to fight back.

2. Yugoslavia. Maybe you should talk to the muslims and Croats from there
whose family and friends were buried during the ethnic cleansing that happened there."

Al-Qaida did not attack US. That is still hard for you to swallow I know. It is brain function to bury such atrocities by your own government.
It is called mechanism for self preservation.
Unless you lived in another Galaxy you would be aware of inside job by Chaney and other zionist in bringing down those fire proof buildings.
As one Congressman shouted while speaking:
"Do you think People in caves brought down Trade center towers? Do you believe People in cave managed NORAD to stand down!?
Towers didn't break, they pulverized into fine dust. BOTH of them barely an hour later!!!

Where do you live? What do you listen? 3 guys who were watching and celebrating while buildings burned miles away were reported, captured and released month later very quietly.
YES, they were israeli secret service who were aware of the events.
All Jewish employees around 120 of them were moved week earlier out of building and offices moved. Coincidence after coincidence eh?

zionist pig bought all THREE buildings which were destroyed by controlled explosion and collected BILLIONS of dollars in compensation 3 weeks later.
Bodies didn't emerged yet but he cashed in imidiately. Rubles were destroyed and moved to CHINA

No one can investigate if they are across the world right?
Building No7 wasn't even hit!!! It was brought down by controlled demolition. His words few minutes later. Later on the story changed rapidly as events and news reports start bringing "state employed experts" on the scene.

As for Yugoslavia I added that exactly for that reason. I knew you will get copy-paste answer from those same TV station that you swallow all other crap.
CIA had undermined and started collapse of Yugoslavia starting civil war between 3 fractions. Animosity was there but that wouldn't happened like that if CIA didn't spread their help once again.
Yugoslavia and was the last country which resisted US domination and spread like a cancer through the central Europe and most importantly Balkans. We had to be dealt with. Naughty Yugoslav's resisting US super power. How dare they!
CIA employed yet again proven recipe, divide and conquer.
Now they are building the biggest base there yet! Obviously they are planing to leave very soon but somehow it is wise to invest billions in another PERMANENT airbase right?
How nice of them to stay in another Country unwanted yet again.
Mediterranean is there, central Europe and Russia within reach without refueling. Read bit more and you will realize the importance of Kosovo area in their strategic plans for European and world domination.
You need to spend lots of years studying and learning, asking questions before even attempting to write something so shallow next time.
Sorry if that offended you but your level of understanding of the world politics and the real masters of your country is basic to say the least.
Stay well my unknown Friend!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Apolon]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

Too bad you are incorrect with your silly assertions.

Maybe someday you will understand the truth and know that what you are posting is nothing more then an anti-semitic diatribe because you don't want to admit that muslims were behind 9/11

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join