It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US blocks Venezuelan purchase of food

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

www. cpa. org. au

GUARDIAN (Australia)
by Walter Lippmann
Tue Mar 18, 2008

"The war with the US has already begun and they are blocking our purchases of food", Venezuelan Minister Ramón Rodríguez Chacín told viewers on Venezuelan TV on March 12. His statement came at a time when the US is threatening to add Venezuela to its list of "terror-sponsoring" states and some Senators are calling for a full blockade of the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.cpa.org.au...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The beginning of a Cuba-style blockade by US of Venezuela? Hard to believe that Venezuela with its oil money would have trouble buying food from foreign sources ,but the US has close to 50 years experience in forcing both foreign governments and corporations to participate in their genocidal blockade of Cuba. With the high percentage of food that Venezuela imports, this could be very serious.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO

With the high percentage of food that Venezuela imports, this could be very serious.

www. cpa. org. au
(visit the link for the full news article)

I believe we import more oil from them then anywhere else in the world..

A Blockade of the country would also block exports.. including oil..

It would appear as if the American government cares less and less about its own survival....

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

This is the American government Rockpuck. THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT! No way would they care less about their own survival.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Bush works for the big oil companies.
Their policy is to keep overthrowing governments until they end up with one that will just give them the oil for free.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

firstly you should consider reading this topic before submiting a new article

www.abovetopsecret.com...

on topic.
so the United states goverment has blocked the purchase of food by the country, big hoopie doo, Venezuelan purchase food from their neigbours and allies, last time i checked they seem to have a good system in place to trade oil for services and so on with other countries.

the oil barrens can keep banging their drums it just effects the US more as their companies lose customers and in turn lose money.

its a two way road you can screw over one country and in return screw over your people.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

It seems the US is not interested in the needs of the Venezuelan people. The US government is more worried about their image than starving innocent civilians.

This is really about the CIA and its coc aine. They don't want other countries interfering with their drug running operations and will stop at no cost to discredit the opposition.

This seems more like a disinformation and deflection campaign to distract the American public from the reality of Columbian coc aine, our "war on drugs," and "war on terror."

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Blocking their purchase of food!!!??? This is a diabolical Admin.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

This story was posted by the Guardian on the 18th. How is this not breaking news. I saw no other posts on the subject.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No, they are our Fourth supplier, with Canada first, Saudi second an Mexico third.

I don't believe that they are getting much block as already been pointed out that their food comes from neighboring countries and the relationship of Venezuela with many countries in the south america is strong.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

it was more to with the lack of contents from your self
you are suppose to post more then one line on your views and opinions on the subject

* Use the comment field for your opinion, spin, or other commentary on the news article. One-line posts or short posts simply repeating the quoted snippet are not enough. We want to see what you think of the story or why you think it's important.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Cool! gotcha

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Canada? .. Never heard that before. Shows my ignorance! .. regardless..

A blockade on our fourth largest importer would drive oil prices well past $4 a gallon...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
WOW!! This strikes me as a very dangerous and foolish action on the part of the U.S. govt. We don't need to start trouble in another region, we've already done that in the Middle East.
Wow, great way to provoke a war Mr. Prez et al. I guess they think we're not hated enough around the world.

Just....WOW!!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wonder what the real reason is behind this decision? It must have to do with more than the no compliance on the part of the Venezuelan oil production or their ties to the drug cartels. How does it all tie into he current state of the NWO and its global plan of dominance?
Could it be that they refused the offer to grow the mutated , genetically modified franken foods laden with enormous amounts of pesticides that would create cancer and genetic mutations in future generations? Did they refuse to have their rainforest's and agricultural lands pillaged for the cattle industry to raise cattle sick with bse to pollute their ground waters and create astronomical levels of used and tainted blood that there is no way to rid themselves of?
Are they pressing their luck by standing up against the Elitist that would force them into a poverty struck 3rd world country with nothing but a shadow of the culture they enjoy now?

[edit on 19-3-2008 by antar]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It states, "...they ARE blocking our purchases of food". But, how? I mean, I could understand this: "...they are threatening to block our purchases of food".
But, if the US is already blocking food buying, HOW are we doing that?

I don't get it

I think the US gets 40% of the oil we use from Canada (like Marg pointed out, our #1 source)....until their deal with China kicks in...then...I dunno where we're gonna get it!!

Maybe we should spend a little time figuring out how to NOT need it, huh? I know hindsight is 20/20...but can you imagine where we'd be if we'd concentrated on solar, hydro and wind energy for the past 38 years?

Not in an unwinnable war, that's for sure.

Edit to add: Ok I was totally wrong about the 40%, but I swear I didn't just make it up. This site has a big beautiful chart accurate up to Dec of last year with a breakdown of how much oil we get from each country we patronize. We get about 100K barrels a day less from Saudi Arabia than we do from Canada and roughly 100K barrels a day less from Venezuela than we do Saudi Arabia...and I think Mexico is actually fourth. I just scanned it quickly, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong. See for yourself--
www.eia.doe.gov...

[edit on 3/19/08 by themillersdaughter]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well, I think it might be because of several things. Like someone else stated before, I think the U.S. govt wants to protect its drug ties in/with Colombia. I also think that for a number of decades, the U.S. has wanted to control all of S. America and still does. They don't like Chavez because he is very independent and points out hypocrisies of the U.S. Kinda like the little boy who asks why the emperor isn't wearing any more clothes.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Canada? .. Never heard that before. Shows my ignorance! .. regardless..

Isn't that crazy? I thought that our biggest supplier was Saudi Arabia but I never even dreamed that Mexico was our third I thought that Venezuela was third.

Anyway it seems that the dollar got a boost yesterday and the prices of oil has gone down.

I agree that any interruption of oil flow to the US will have an impact on gas prices.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Cuba is better off without GMO foods. All Cuba did to overcome the embargo was allow people access to land so they could grow there own food ,and they allowed people to keep and even sell the surplus.

I am not pro communist but there is a lesson for not only Venezuela but also America.

Americans need greater access to unused land not only because food prices are about to rise sharply but also because the FDA is asleep at the wheel.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Perhaps we should be like Brazil and be less dependent on oil and more dependent on ethanol.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join