It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights breaking when you get mad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hello all

Has anyone else ever gotten super mad and had light bulbs just burst? It happens in our house at least once a month...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AlliterationAshley

I do not want to debunk "humans having supernatural powers"
but I believe that you have some company.... they love to script out events.... at least the "ones" that I "hang" with.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WishI

Could you elaberate a bit more please?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
hmmm, I would love to try, but I am somewhat an idiot when it comes to wording out thoughts and facts or anything....
I can get really messy with my thoughts... jumping from one to another.... ...errrr..... ...anyway. ......I will try.

To start with.... about 3 years ago... I first met "them".... and even though they are a blessing.....( I am very lucky to have kind "ones" ) They are quite a burden and won't leave me alone for even a second....not even when I want to go to the bathroom...lol.... they will just follow me right in there..... ahhh....

errr...

well... These beings are very smart... they are WAYYY smarter than I am... and maybe even alot smarter than a genius human is...
(and now that I think about it... to do alot of the things that they do.... they don't even need that much intelligence.... just alot of time on their hands.... which they do have (they don't seem to sleep)
........errr.... I am getting jumpy with my thoughts..... uhhmmm...

...sorry...

to try and sum this up.... ..these beings have shown me many times that they know the future.... (don't get me wrong, they ARE "psychic" lol..... but their knowledge of the future is more like the weather man predicting the weather..... only they are very good at it)

I have no way of proving this.... this is all just from my personal experience.... ( like learning how the government works but no one will tell you.... except they do things right in front of you...so you kind of pick up on the "possibilities" of their workings....or uhh...something)
and I only know becuase they are so kind to me....
though also very mean/rude/disrespectful...
I swear ... they never stop talking! (making noises and drawings in my line of sight... it is tiresome) ..........ahhhh... sorry... I am doing the jumping around thing.... .....errr..... I will leave my attempt at an explanation at this.

I am just rambling ... I apologize, but the only way I will ever get a good speech written out is through hours and hours sitting and thinking over the points that I randomly notice, and then "shuffling" them into a coherent line of thought.......erg... that takes forever.....

I apologize... I mean no offense to you... and you are worth the time...
i just....ahhh......errr... anyway... if you want to know anything more....
I will try to do better next time... especially if your question is more specific... or ahhh....some thing...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlliterationAshley
Hello all

Has anyone else ever gotten super mad and had light bulbs just burst? It happens in our house at least once a month...

Not ever happened to me

Any other strange occurances?
Headaches?
rapid heart beat?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

ack, I completely forgot about the fact that different people have different experiences....

my whole last post is mostly useless... I am sorry for wasting your time even more now........ hmmm... It is hard trying to find the things that are universal to all "ghost" when only looking at my own experiences and the way that "my" "ghosts" treat me.....

errr... I guess my first post is ok.... In a vague sense of what some "ghosts" can do......

a better answer that I should have given is....

"ghosts" have abilities.... and I have no doubt this includes popping light bulbs.... (somehow) ......and for a fact... they are "psychic".... so they have no problem knowing when you are mad..... .....ugh.... this is probably a poor explanation without a "lead in" ... after living with "ghosts" for so long I have forgotten what it is like to not believe in them....

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WishI

I've been thinking a bit on your "friends" ....
I do not think they are ghostly or spiritual in nature as most others are.

Somehow you have attracted a bunch of something that is or they are similar to something that is called "Shadow People".

They are usually very elusive in nature, and shy, never heard of contact with them.

I consider these to be Interdimensional beings.
You can get rid of them however... difficult but you can

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Anger - especially adolescent anger - is the stuff that Poltergeists are made of.
Which means that you could gather a lot of information by reading as much as you can about the phenomenon called "Poltergeist".

Also, I think you would enjoy reading about a famous argument between C. G. Jung and his then-mentor Siggy Freud... It's difficult to gauge which one of them was the most angry at the time (although I have my suspicions ; )), but it definitely turned out to be an... explosive situation.

You can google out the story by yourself.
Enjoy!

P.S.

Oh heck, the teacher deep down in me simply cannot stand leaving the young ones without nourishment...

So, here is one account of the Jung-Freud "big bang".

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Hello all

No, I haven't had that happen because it doesn't happen. You've been watching too many movies, perhaps Monsters, Inc. and The Green Mile?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Mmm,I gather that you guys are somewhat ignorant.Look up on psi as in psionics-try the veritas society.These are all normall powers,people!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by queen of the south

I would gather the same about you.

just playing.... though, I don't know so... you could be right.
but, in my little box of perception, I used to believe in super powers... and optimisticly I will not let go of the idea. But now-a-days, I know a little bit more about "ghosts" or aliens... and what they can and do, do.

any time someone has a super power and it works... I am all like: wow that guy is lucky to have such kind "aliens" to help him fool people like that.

though, I do know that chi is real... I can feel it and "use" it. (just move it around and light it up...like a dragon ball z charge fest... ) though, I can not get it to actually do anything..... ....i am too weak :'(

[edit on 19-3-2008 by WishI]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't use the term madness, because all it is really is the consciousness getting distracted by an over-flow of kinetic energy.

*cough* *wheeze*

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by queen of the south
Mmm,I gather that you guys are somewhat ignorant.

How are "we" ignorant?

What, specifically, is ignorant in my reply?
And isn't it somewhat "ignorant" to ignore the information that other people offer in their posts?

I am not angry or anything; I am just a tad surprised, I must say...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby

Hello all

No, I haven't had that happen because it doesn't happen. You've been watching too many movies, perhaps Monsters, Inc. and The Green Mile?

Are you always this patronizing? Our lightbulbs are breaking, if you don't believe me don't post here.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Personally I have never had that happen. One thing that does always happen to me though is whenever I go by street lights they turn off for no reason. It happens all the time while I'm walking to the store.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby

Hello all

Are you always this patronizing? Our lightbulbs are breaking, if you don't believe me don't post here.

I'm not patronizing, I'm stating a physical reality. If you can advance any plausible hypothesis that would explain a light bulb exploding because someone around it is having a bad day, I will gladly consider it.

I've been around a lot of light bulbs in my life and I've been around a lot of angry people who were around light bulbs. I've never once seen a light bulb explode on its own. It's just not something that would happen. The light bulb is not pressurized, and it's designed to handle high heat, so there simply is no reason for it do behave in such a way.

However, this is a fairly common occurrence in movies. That's why I mentioned them. I think some people get the mistaken impression that that is something that happens in real life, but it isn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Neiby

Maybe you should look up the definition of patronizing then. We will be yelling, the light bulb will pop like it burnt out, then collapse to little glass shards and we have to vacuum the area. All your saying is you don't believe it happened, so what exactly are you accomplishing by posting here? If you don't believe me, don't post here, there is nothing to be gained by accusing everyone you have trouble believing of being a liar. It's just malicious.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ok,

Before this gets out of hand,

Please get back on topic,

Some people may believe that this phenomena exists, and some may not.

As long as the discussion is about the topic, everything will be fine.

Please refrain from further off topic posts.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

He's simply stating there is a far more mundane explanation why your light bulbs are constantly breaking.

For example, and I'm not saying this is necessarily how it happens in your case, picture a house with bad wiring. Now picture the same house, but with the occupants occasionally arguing. If a slight power surge, or problem with the wiring, occurs when an argument is happening, then you're going to get exactly the same phenomenon you're describing, but without the need for any previously-unknown forces at work in the universe.

If you can rule out all the rational explanations, I'd be willing to believe something strange is happening. Until that happens, the rational mind is required to chalk this one up to a coincidence of arguments and faulty wiring/power surges.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If this is actually happening, perhaps another possible explanation is that the person doing the loudest yelling happens to yell at the resonant frequency of the light bulb. It would still be a stretch to think that simple yelling could break it, but I suppose that it's possible. It's actually pretty difficult to break such an object with resonant vibrations at the volume that an unamplified human can produce, but it could be possible. The yeller would have to be in pretty close proximity to the bulb to get the necessary volume.

This is pretty easily testable by the OP. Get a light bulb of the usual brand you purchase and then start yelling at it attempting to recreate the sorts of amplitude and tones you'd create in a typical argument. If the bulb breaks, there's your answer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join