It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast Cameras To Start Watching You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
It's interesting that this is being mentioned now. About 15 years ago, my dad was telling me how easy it would be to put a camera inside of one of those boxes, and no one would be any the wiser. Having majored in Computer Science, I can firmly state that this is far too easy to do. He was right in that alright.

Truly a scary world that we're entering right now...

TheBorg

And resistance is indeed futile. I remember hearing about instant Internet coming soon, where the Web is piped in through the electricity sockets of the home. So, you plug your new computer into the wall, and presto, you're online.

What concerned me about that is when something is announced to the public by the matrix, it is actually old news to "them". Is my microwave oven listening to me, or my inkjet printer? Or worse, does it already contain a camera that may not even look like a camera if I was to perform an autopsy on it? . . .

Personally, I've gotten so sick of the one-world corporate demon and its all-knowingness of what I like and don't like as a consumer that the very mention of what "they" are doing next disgusts me beyond my own comprehension. Great thread, it's just that what we're talking about -- reality-wise -- has become maddening in a Minority Report sort of way.

Wait, . . is resistance really futile?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
well ive worked for the cable company, the one mentioned in the op to be exact. no worries, but i worked as a billing rep and a sales rep, they dont have mics in the box they cannot listen to you at all. those boxes are so cheap ,..they hardley even worked for some customers. people had to return there dvr boxes time and time again, i spoke with one guy who was on his 5th box after 3 months.

those who have this new tech on their cable box should get another type of box. its no secret the gov can buy info from the private sector. avoid avoid avoid

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A new war on "Domestic Terror" I guess I will have to stop dressing up like Bin Laden when I am at home watching Fox News.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkOn
Good thing we have the ability to open up our cable boxes and search for the cameras and or microphones.... then find a way to block them or reroute the signal to the toilet.

Uh, actually you probably do NOT have the ability to open up the cable boxes.

Even back in the 80s they put a metal tape that would tear if you opened the box, making it non-functional...ok, so I guess you do, but only on a spare box, not tied to you.

What they use now could be just a magnetic sensor, and it might still work, but could do something else, IDK. (not trying to make you paranoid, I'm just sayin'...)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

No Worries, It can be done though for those that are worried... but then again, I usually just use the TV to watch DVDs, I don't care much for Cable, I get all the good stuff right here on ATS... oh and I forgot, Guitar Hero.. haha. Anyway, back to your regular scheduled programs....

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If this is true
(excuse me) I think it's just great the legnths they will go to
(excuse me) to enhance our TV viewing experience
(excuse me)

Seriously, the article says it is only recognizing body types and correlating them to household members, not actually viewing you. Exactly what is this technology suppossed to be? Is it something that occurs within the box(When this shape is in front of the TV, it tends to favor this type of show)? Or, heaven forbid, does it actually transmit two ways?

Tthere's a big difference.
(oops, I just don't know what's come over me)

apc

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A microphone would be extremely easy to locate even without cracking open the box. There's no mics in the cable boxes unless some third party installs one.

As far as cameras... electrical tape is an easy fix.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Man, i've done a lot of illegal drugs in front of my TV screen. . . haha, even tho i havn't had cable for years now, still a scary thought, but can you imagine the man power it would take to view everyone with a cable box, your talking millions of millions of people. . . I think it would be used on people that flag the system, say ol' Muhammed JAzzeer over here signs up for the new comcast digital cable, better send him the "special box". . . i wouldn't doubt this kind of thing is happening. . . but what are you gunna do?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Even if they just want to upgrade your veiwing expierence by having your tv turn on your favorite show for you when you walk in the room. Its still recording data on you and able to see in your private home with the capiblity of sending out that information without your knowledge.

Just use the cellphone for example the FBI turned on the minrophones of the cellphones of mob members to spy on them without there knowledge. They didn't even interfer with the phones working normally so they never knew they were being used to record everything going on.

So just think about some guy being blamed for a false crime he didn't commit. They take his cellphone and track ever where hes been or going. turn the mic on to easedrop on him. Tap into his cable box to spy on him in his house. Run his phone records see who hes been calling and whos been calling him. Check his credit card and banking accounts to see what hes been buying.

Sooner or later it will happen to all of us all the time but if people don't start speaking up it might just be tommorow that we have no privacy.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Does anybody frequent this new tee vee website? He posts a video and says that the "monitoring you part came up after I put my camera away" and that is what we are basing EVERYTHING on. I can't find anything else anywhere that doesn't relay back to this guy saying "trust me". I'm withholding judgment on the accuracy of this story but I'll say it doesn't sound that unlikely and if true then oh well, just a matter of time with this technology available.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

It might be neat they have the technology but I still don't want it in my living room. It is getting scary what corporations and governments want to do.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How do you know it isn't already in your living room? Examine your cable box closely.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Disinformation? After all, you did say you worked for "THEM". LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They now what you do and when you do it. I may sound nuts but I have strange occurences all day long that interfere with my plans daily.These are all orchestrated like a well oiled machine.

Open your eyes.Anyone and everyone you encounter Stare deep into their souls through their eyes and you will see.They are there and can only be if they know what you're doing and when. As if in your head.

I don't know if it's governmental, alien or spiritual but it's there.And no ,I don't use drugs or drink and I'm not paranoid.Just Very aware and observative.

Try it. Be open minded and truly perceive everything you see not what you think you see and have been accustomed to.Open not only your eyes but your mind and soul and you will see.

I know, I sound like I'm off my cracker but i'm not. Trust me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join