It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Death to Ahmadinejad,' Iranian crowds cry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

'Death to Ahmadinejad,' Iranian crowds cry

www.breitbart.com

Many Iranian youths rallied in streets across the country, shouting "Death to Ahmadinejad," in celebrations marking the end of the Persian calendar year.

The last Wednesday of the Persian calendar is celebrated as the Fire Festival in Iran, with bonfires and firecrackers marking the occasion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.tv
www.reuters.com
www.ynetnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Germany Pledges Iran Actions in Israel speech
Iran caught red handed

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't know if I can believe this considering this article comes from Israel news: Ynetnews .

I'd like to hear a Farsi translate this for real instead of a biased source coming forward with an article defaming Iran.

I am not saying the President is the most lovable guy. Far from it. But do we really know what he's saying?

In the western city of Ahvaz, angry mobs declared "Freedom is our legitimate right" while demonstrators in the western city of Sanandaj shouted "Death to (Iranian President Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad," Ynetnews reported Wednesday.

Again I'd like to hear a translation from other than an Israeli news source. Thanks.

And of course to strike fear into the US public to act:

"The police force has resolved to detain any party-goers who break the law. The secret police will have full control, and will not hesitate to photograph citizens for evidence," he said.

"Those Iranians are so undemocratic, let's carpet bomb them!"

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I can't imagine where they got the idea they could go around photographing citizens from. How uncivilized such a totalitarian place that must be, when you can be photographed, and have that used against you in a court of law, if the ruling group so decides.

The worst part, from a civilized western viewpoint, is the use of undercover/secret police to be on the streets doing this, all in the name of keeping peace.

I don't know what the world is coming to. I sure am glad I live in a free country like the good old US of A.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, it's Fire Festival...Zoroastrians worship fire and are not looked on kindly by most Muslims, although many still live in Iran. Maybe these are dissident Zoroastrians living in Iran.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh gosh - this must be all BS - you know eyeran only chant death to america don`t they

lets see what would happen in a demo in the usa if they chanted death to bush.....

those halliburton camps would get a few more visitors

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Actually I've traditionally found YnetNews to be quite accurate...they regularly carry stories that portray Israel in a negative light.

Anyways...maybe these guys are carrying torches with which to storm the palace.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

There's definitely some Israeli spin on that article. I only submitted this news article because I found it interesting.

Reuters is quoting the Israeli YNETNEWS organization. That would be like me quoting WorldNetdDaily as a reliable source on reptilians. Its just not going to happen.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I don't trust news sources from the Iranians or Israelis (or US media for that matter). However, it is rather interesting to look at how each side paints the other in a negative light.

The drums for war are becoming louder and louder.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Aw come on, Ynet is no WND...they publish articles critical of Israel all the time. And how on earth is this the war drums beating louder?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thank you. For humor to be a good tool, the reader should see just enough truth in it to question the world.

Besides, I'm a Dave Larson fan, which means twisted.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You would think with the way these people blow themselves up that they would have just done it by now. Could there really be anyone else who would replace him that we would like better? There's something about those beady eyes that makes me think he's really a drug addict and a heavy metal fan. Much of what he says and does seems like he's been hitting it anyway.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Umm . . . since you do not trust those papers . . . what do you trust?

Where do you get your news?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

You have to read between the lines. I may read certain articles/sources from biased newspapers, but I can see the truth behind it.

Iran may be an oppressed nation, and these people may want Ahmadinejad dead, but he is no worse than our sitting US President.

He has invaded no foreign countries so as far as I'm concerned he's a saint.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
In fact, he is not popular in Iran.

Many reformists were banned from standing in the election. Majority of young voters are reformers and believe in less restriction in their lives from the spiritual council. And, like the citizens in the West, Iranians are worried about the economy and think Ahmadinejad has done an awful job.

Al Jazeera did excellent coverage of the Iranian election and gave much air time to the moderates [who were banned].

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

aye the first line was an attempt at my sardonic humour

but like yourself - its ynet so its biased - and bias goes either way ;

but in all reality one must ask , what would happen within the USA nowadays if students were demonstrating and chanting `Death to Bush`?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I am censored on ATS when I have ever "talked bad" about Bush/Cheney. If I was to say death to Bush and police were around, they would more than likely arrest me. I may get beat up by Bush-lovers if they heard me as well.

It doesn't seem there's the same kind of radical support for Ahmadinejad in Iran. He just isn't that popular regardless of how he may feel.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Oh gosh - this must be all BS - you know eyeran only chant death to america don`t they

lets see what would happen in a demo in the usa if they chanted death to bush.....

those halliburton camps would get a few more visitors

It's against the law to make death threats in the US, and it's against the law to threaten the President, so there'd be several charges at a minimum, were that to happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well, there is the old saying "better to die on your feet than live on your knees". Perhaps repression in Iran has gotten so bad that people have decided that now is the time to make their stand, no matter the consequences.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh but the picture painted of eyeran is one of whole swathes of training camps of al-qeada , erm sorry i meant extremeist terrorists everywhere burning babies and all the the children making home brew nukes to blow themselevs up on the next bus full of israelie nuns.

or maybe iran is just a little too `civilized` for the MSM to accurately portray whilst they sweep the problems within the usa under a rug.

but cheney wants to glass them and the sooner he is gone the safer the rest of the planet will be; thats unless mcrazy is due to come in next.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'll be the first to admit that the US of A has problems, but what on Earth has this article got to do with them? Oh, "this must be a distraction tactic".

Yeah, right.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

actually its called `a comparison` - you know compare i thing to another and draw common conclusions;

interesting point blueraja - don`t suppose you got a link about that? so whilst the US media harp on about all the demonstrations within iran - at least they can demonstrate , even vocally as they do , and they do it legally.

that must begger the question - who actually has more `freedom of speech`?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join