It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why increased use of Curse words?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have been noticing in the last couple of weeks that many posts on ATS have had curse words in either the topic itself or in one or many of the posts inside it.

Why the increased the cursing?

Any comments?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
well as people get angrier and angrier, more suspicious and more antsy about the world around them , the word S---H---I---T it much more appealing than the word "stuff" and f*ck has more emphasis. i dont see any problem with using "curse" words in writing, seeing how they are widely accepted, understanded, and frequently used words in society. but when you use them in every f*cking sentence (
) it shows a lack of vocabulary. GET A THESAURUS PEOPLE

but honestly, i dont really give a sh*t

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
^
wtfwasthatshtBhatch?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i attribute it to a decrease in and also less
, , and :w:.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Maybe everybody is just angry at you Surfup.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I blame the revival of swing music, but thats just me.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
it's the second step in our world becoming cursed because society stops caring about curse words. the first step was when the fcc allowed them to say # on cop drama.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
creative curse words are so much better than your standard ones, and they don't even have to be consider "curse" words they are just hilarious combos of "normal" words, but they can be just as funny with "curse" words as well!!!!!

such as you ask?

meat-puller
rectum-inspector
slobber-face

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think surfup is more concerned about the increase of posters who tend to curse throughout all of their posts for no good reason. It does just show a weak vocabulary, and is still against the terms and conditions.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I blame the Beatles.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Some people will resort to cursing hoping that they can intimidate their opponents and thus win their arguments. But it doesn't work that way in reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
whoever blames the revival of swing music can kiss it you freggin test tube baby.
the revival never happened, unless you count the downtrodden attempts of the likes of brian setzer.

instead i blame you...because i can.....and because im a stubborn loser who clings to her music closer than her crack........wait, that sounded incrimidating

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
No, its definitely the Beatles fault that I swear. Every time I hear one of their songs, I am forced to say "That's fooking #e !"

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
i understand your hatred. i dont mind the beatles, but what pisses me off is whenever people run around saying OH I LOVE THE BEATLES I LOVE THE BEATLES IM A FREKIN MORON BUT I LOVE THE BEATLES...yet the only album they have is BEATLES:GREATEST HITS and they brag about knowing that they are foreign.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i wouldn't say its their fault, but i agrree that the beatles music is #.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
We have gotten to the point that "curse words" are a part of our vocabulary. Nothing wrong with that. Like Carlin says, It's not the words that matter, it's the intent. I have no problem with this language, use it myself, and don't mind it used in conversation. Sometimes there is no substitute. When something goes totally wrong you could say, " This sure didn't work", or "That Fu(ked up." Which one conveys more emotion.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Way back in ancient times, the early 1990s, when I was in high school, I found out that every other word out of a teen's mouth was the f-word. It was almost that way back in junior high, but high school, even back during the medieval period of the 90s was filled with so much cursing that you waded through it to get to your next class.

No use of any curse word since that time in my life has ever been so thoroughly pervasive. If I see the words online, I really don't even recognize them anymore as curses and rather see them as everyday adjectives and descriptive nouns.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Exactly, Heel, they have become a part of our vocabulary. Say "sorry" to mom & dad now.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm a prarent myself, and there is only 2 words that I will not hear in my house, but I won't post them here, as that would be foolish.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Because the fury of this radical has just reentered into the atmosphere of ATS. that combined with the volatility of the prolific and angry Colonel has created an explosion of rage, usually properly aimed at the ruling party.

I hope that answers your Fuc*ing question.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join