It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More freedoms being trampled by our Gov't. This time over killer bees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
"Commissioners in Martin County have unanimously passed an ordinance allowing county employees to go onto private property without permission to kill Africanized bees and treat areas where mosquitoes are breeding."

www.local6.com...

What's next termites or roaches so they can enter inside your house without our permission. They are getting a little less subtle, we just keep rolling over and letting it happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disenfranchised
"Commissioners in Martin County have unanimously passed an ordinance allowing county employees to go onto private property without permission to kill Africanized bees and treat areas where mosquitoes are breeding.

The good of society, as a whole, supersedes one's personal rights in some cases. For example, my right to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater has been superseded by the public right to safety. Just because I have the right to free speech does not mean that I can use that right on a whim. The needs of the society supersede my own in this case.

As far as Killer Bees go, well, it should be obvious that Killer Bees are a safety issue that can affect society as a whole. In this case, it is important that the African Bees don't establish hives and integrate themselves into the local environments. To that end, it might be quite acceptable for environmental inspectors to enter private property to identify the African Bee Hives.

new topics

join