It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asked about Two-Thirds of Americans Opposition to War, Cheney says 'So?'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You forget that we live in a Republic, not a Democracy. Once you elect the leaders, they do what they believe is best. Majority doesn't and shouldn't rule. Good info on this can be found at www.12-21-2012-a-prophecy.com/

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Re: Cheney's reply about the American people's attitude toward the war: are you really surprised after almost eight years of these SOBs? How do you think it will be if John McCain is elected? He seems to have drunk the Kool-Aid big time! Or is just desperate and sees time passing him by, so will do and say anything not to miss the train. In either case, not a good recommendation for the Presidency.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
True, we live in a Republic, but we have two other co-equal branches of government, one of whom we have the right to try to influence to vote our way. It's called Congress. We also are paying for the Bush/Cheney mess in more ways than one. Our Congresspeople need to hear how we feel about that, and respond accordingly (it's legal! Read the Constitution). Cheney was being his arrogant, "up yours" self. It's infuriating and we do not have to take it lying down!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
this man is inhuman scum. He should be beaten and whipped!
his casket should be dragged thru the streets so that the crowds can spit on it.
may he burn in Hell.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Enough criticizing. If you had any idea of how hard it is being in politics, (Not that I know) then you wouldn't criticize any politicians. They believe that what there doing is right for the country. If you don't like it, then why don't you run for office? If you do make it to office, then when you make hard decisions. Someone will criticize you. Its a cycle...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. Cheney hasn't done what's best for this country in the entire time he's been in office. He has his own masters to serve, those who pay his bills.

Where has he "served" our country? In what way? Was invading Iraq protecting the US mainland?

He's made millions off this war with his Halliburton buddies. He's serving his own self-interests, not the countries.

Thanks though, nice try.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious that Cheney doesn't care - with this Middle East tour, one wonders what's going on now...

Could this be a warning sign that a false flag terrorist attack is coming?

I've heard that a false flag attack is supposedly coming in April, but I doubt it. It seems like whenever we expect something, nothing happens, which is exactly what THEY want...

So many people are talking about an attack on Iran...I'm starting to think that this is just a red herring to keep us away from something else they're planning. Then again, the indications point otherwise...

(Does anyone know where a good "next terror attack" thread is? I'm sure there is one, but I'm new here, and I can't find it.)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK

(Does anyone know where a good "next terror attack" thread is? I'm sure there is one, but I'm new here, and I can't find it.)

I thought this was a pretty well written and alarming article on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maps out the top 3 most likely 'large city' targets...

[edit on 23-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

As long as we matter to eachother, DD!

Cheney just reveals how comfortable he is in his own cocoon of wealth
& ignorance. Imagine how nice it is to go fishing from a luxury yacht,
while soldiers are dying?

Does Haliburton do the catering on board? lol

Cheney might be in a cocoon of wealth, but surely not ignorance. He knows the score. But you see, he is so much BETTER than the rest us. He knows his Nazi plans, and feels no remorse, because...he's so much BETTER than us.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
Its a cycle...

300+ million peolpe, 40+ years, a handful of 'leaders'.

Bush Jr, Hillary, etc; is it really so hard to see our mistake.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Haha...I see Michael Moore directly responded to Insaney's brush-off of the populace. A nice scathing commentary....

And where is Darth Vader in all this? A reporter from ABC News this week told Dick Cheney, in regards to Iraq, "two-thirds of Americans say it's not worth fighting." Cheney cut her off with a one word answer: "So?"

"So?" As in, "So what?" As in, "F*** you. I could care less."

I would like every American to see Cheney flip the virtual bird at the them, the American people. Click here and pass it around. Then ask yourself why we haven't risen up and thrown him and his puppet out of the White House.

Source:
www.michaelmoore.com...

He also makes mention of the how the upcoming PBS doc "Bush's War" is aptly named.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Bush/Cheney make Hitler look like a pacifist.

I cannot believe people still tolerate these idiots. Why haven't they been impeached yet?

Why don't the democrats have any balls? Thanks Nancy Pelosi. I called you a shill from the start.

You're worried about the Tibetans, but you can't seem to give a damn about our troops.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Bush/Cheney make Hitler look like a pacifist.

I cannot believe people still tolerate these idiots. Why haven't they been impeached yet?

Okay- enough with this nonsense- you REALLY need to read some more history. Hitler was responsible for starting a war that killed 50-70+million people. He had 6 million Jews killed, and another 6 million "undesirables" killed too. There is NO, ZERO, NADA, BUPKIS, NIL, KEINE, similarities between Bush/Cheney and Hitler, and no he absolutely does not look like a pacifist compared to them. Hitler's only competitor is Stalin, with regards to the scale of their murderous regimes. There have been 80-150,000 Iraqis killed and 90% or more of those(non-combatant deaths) have been due to insurgent violence. That's not even close to being comparable in scale or motive.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by Trams

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. Cheney hasn't done what's best for this country in the entire time he's been in office. He has his own masters to serve, those who pay his bills.

Where has he "served" our country? In what way? Was invading Iraq protecting the US mainland?

He's made millions off this war with his Halliburton buddies. He's serving his own self-interests, not the countries.

Thanks though, nice try.

He didn't say "done what's best for the country," he said "done what he's thought was best for the country." You may disagree with his policies and views, but that doesn't refute the assertion- that's just your opinion. There is a distinction between the two. No one yet has posted evidence of him making millions off this war. The only thing they can point to is that before leaving Halliburton, he had his pay split over a 5 yr period for tax purposes. Other assertions regarding his stocks have failed to show him profiting the money. He agreed to donate to charity any money that these shares made, and until someone can provide some evidence that this hasn't been the case, they need to put up or shut up.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I think, perhaps, what is inferred is that Dick Cheney doesn't state his opinions, but acts them out where it concerns his disdain for the average American.

Whether he has stated before or not that it is "What he believes" is right for the AMerican people... if it was said, chances are most people would think it a lie due to his behavior.

You cannot flog the peasants and tell them you're just giving them medicine, your actions countermand your words.

"I am doing this for your own good!" he said, while robbing you blind.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
To play Devil's Advocate

Play?!
Play!?!

Defending that sneering tool and his policies at your every opportunity, the evidence would suggest otherwise.

It could also be that the Dems didn't have a strong enough case, and they knew it.

More likely, they're bought and paid for tools just like your boy Cheney, among others.

(concerning the question of impeachment)
Well apparently other legal scholars disagree, or you would have seen such action. Even Pelosi knew she wouldn't have the traction or support for such a thing.

Which "legal' scholars would that be, and who would "apparently" be pulling their strings?

Evidence to back up your assertion would be proper conduct here.

It's only fair we should have an opportunity to scoff at what the "Devil's Advocate" considers a "smoking gun."

Your opinion holds no more water here than that of anyone else.

Pelosi is a shill and a backstabber, we all know that.

Okay- enough with this nonsense- you REALLY need to read some more history. Hitler was responsible for starting a war that killed 50-70+million people. He had 6 million Jews killed, and another 6 million "undesirables" killed too.

Actually, Hitler was a tool also, a tool of the Rothschilds and their ilk.

Look it up, one shouldn't have to spoon feed the obdurate "skeptic."

There have been 80-150,000 Iraqis killed and 90% or more of those(non-combatant deaths) have been due to insurgent violence.

Depends upon who's figures one goes by, there's ample evidence to suggest those are low ball figures.

Oh, and did you know, 90 percent of statistics are made up on the spot?

No one yet has posted evidence of him making millions off this war.

He'll be amply rewarded by his masters when he retires.

It's laughable, hell, it's ludicrous to suggest his true assets would be subject to perusal by just anyone.

Ever hear of Swiss bank accounts?

If there's any justice in this world, he'll drop dead on his last day in office and never get to spend a dime of his blood soaked money.

And the Rothschilds will get the last sneer.

His just rewards will come after he's dead and sent to hell.

If there is such a place.

Since he's been the willing tool of those who would create this hell on Earth - Bush's War(s) - may it be proposed that such a place be built just for him.

There's only two kinds of people who would continue to defend this douche; millionaires and suckers!

Which one are you?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

So your answer is that the reason nothing has or will happen is because everyone's been bought off, and puppets of the Rothschilds? You also state as a matter of fact what will happen in the future, without showing any evidence that it's even happening in the present. Additionally, just because you feel like a peasant that's being flogged, doesn't mean that everyone(or even a majority) feel that Cheney has given them the finger.
As for numbers of casualties higher than what I stated- there are only 2 sources claiming numbers significantly different figures than the ones every other source is saying(to include the UN). Of course the Chicken Little, half glass empty types, are absolutely sure that the worst estimates must be the case, because after all, Bush and Cheney make Hitler look like a pacifist. Right?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"Asked about Two-Thirds of Americans Opposition to War, Cheney says 'So?'"

Now, this sentence alone SHOULD cost him not only career but if there was a law in place he should be facing a trial for mass murder, genocide and ignorance.
That's what happens to society when you relinquish your power and give those Vampires right to destroy the Constitution which is the best and most precise document ever written.
It was written in simple manner so that every undereducated Person can understand yet to the point so there is no fear of misunderstanding anything.
Once they destroyed twin towers and you rallied behind them like a Sheep giving up all your rights since then this Devil and him alike are allowed to speak publicly in such an ignorant manner.
Hope some good honest Person holds loaded Winchester rifle by his side and sort this out.
After all it's only what they did to both Kennedy brothers when they asked YOU citizens to back them up in a fight against People in leather chairs running your country from marble palaces.
It might be to late to do so now, because two good Man were executed in cold blood by their own Government sworn to protect them.
Now you have Evil incarnate in a white house, Senate and Congress.
Where do we go from here is the question, which way and how many rifles do we need?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
While I agree with blueraja about comparing bush minor and cheney the dick to Hitler, the fact remains that we attacked a soverign nation unprovoked and on bogus charges, have essentially destroyed the place and treated its population like subjects... bush/cheney may not be comparable to Hitler and company but they are war criminals nonetheless and need to be delt with accordingly. Turn them over to the Hague the moment their replacement is sworn into office.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

You are absolutely right when you stated there is no comparison between Hitler and bush/cheney.
Hitler sorted and rejuvenated destroyed German economy after WWI where bush/cheney destroyed very stable and prosperous economy.
Hitler forces were stationed in around dozen states where US has bases in 170 states across the globe!
Hitler wasn't invited in these countries and US is not wanted there either but do they ask invading population and governments (which they run BTW) for opinions?
They claimed MILLIONS of deaths in 21 wars since WWII.
So you are absolutely right! Hitler shouldn't be in the same basket with those Vampires. They are far more vicious and spread faster then Ebola virus and far more lethal.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join