It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Protesters Arrested at IRS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Iraq War Protesters Arrested at IRS

news.yahoo.com

A crowd of more than 100 gathered outside the IRS headquarters, chanting "This is a Crime Scene" and "You're Arresting the Wrong People." A marching band led protesters down the street near the National Mall and around the IRS building before dozens of demonstrators gathered at the entrance.

Protesters blocked the main entrance for a time, but no federal workers appeared to be trying to use those doors. Police detained 13 people who sat down at a side entrance.

The demonstrators said they were focusing on the IRS because it gathers taxes that are used to fund the war.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
LOL. Well, that didn't last long. I reported a few days ago that a group of protesters planned to sit outside the IRS building, and just as my suspicions were pointing to, it would be an effort in futility.

Silly peons should know they have no voice with any arm of our all mighty gov. But I give them credit for trying!

Now go back to your 'free speech zones' before you're tazed and tossed into your detainment camp!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Don't taze me, bro!

Yeah, i give them credit too, DD for at least trying, but it's just an
excersize in futility.

I'd love to take part in some demonstration against the war, but only if
mass amounts of people are all in it together.

Otherwise, i'd be a silly 'nut'.

" Wanna go to Washington ? " lol

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Iraq War Protests

Here you go Frightener.

Thats a pretty good account of all Anti Iraq-War protests prior to September of 2007.

The media doesn't talk about the protests... it would be too much of a blow for the few people left who support the war.

From the consistency in the protests that take place, you would only have to be in Washington for a couple of days before the next protest involving thousands takes place again.

The article also goes on to mention that the majority of Americans are against the war.

Unfortunately... the majority no longer has control.
Make no mistake, you're in a dictatorship.

It probably won't be long before they take your right to protest as well. The final step to showing you that democracy in America is merely an illusion.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hmm. Going after the IRS was silly. Maybe they expected to cause some trouble and assumed that would give their protest more publicity...

Still, the real culprits behind this war are the CIA, Bush White House and the CFR. They could also have protested any of the military corporations raking in billions of our taxdollars... most corporations have been given no-bid contracts or are in affiliation with Halliburton.

The IRS is part of a totally different crime... they are taxing us without any legal right to do so. If people want to protest the IRS they should at least get their motive straightened out.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok, I did a little more scrounging on the intertubes.

There are a few websites that post upcoming protests.
Theres one today actually scheduled for Washington as usual.

Unitedforpeace.org is one of the websites, it's kind of cluttered, but they seem to place everything in chronological order, soon to be, to distant future.

Antiwar.com is also one of the websites carrying information of future protests. It's a little easier to read, as it's primary function is to serve as a news outlet regarding the war itself.

Anyhow, there's how to find when the next protest is.

Here in Canada we have them quite often. Not that Canada is involved with Iraq, but, we as Canadians just like to let our government know whats on our minds.
I believe Ottawa had a Free-Tibet protest recently too.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Found some video of it! Well at least the cops didn't taze anyone, lol. Arresting the little old lady though was kinda sad to see IMO...

rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Thanks johnsky! I didn't know about all those protests.

The one listed yesterday said they called for the arrest of Bushy, Cheney,
& Ricey as war criminals!

SPICEY !

At the very least, they should be held indefinitely for "observation"... lol

new topics

top topics

join