It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
All right, sorry if these have been asked, but here they are:

1) How on earth did some of these people get hundreds of thousands of points? I've been posting regularly for a month and am at about 190... is there something I should be doing? Just curious.

2) I'm quite intrigued... what sort of things might one find in the "Really Above Top Secret" forum? This relates to the first question, as I am very keen on finding out.

Thanks for your time

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The members with alot of points have been members for a much longer time.

To find out whats in RATS, you'll just have to wait and see. Thats what I had to do..

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

1) How on earth did some of these people get hundreds of thousands of points? I've been posting regularly for a month and am at about 190... is there something I should be doing? Just curious.
2) I'm quite intrigued... what sort of things might one find in the "Really Above Top Secret" forum? This relates to the first question, as I am very keen on finding out.

Most people get that much points by starting a lot of interesting threads. And also by replying intelligently to a lot of posts, remember intelligently.

Special forums like Debates and Short Stories and especially ATSNN get additional points.

But, your main aim on ATS should be to learn, rather than earn points.

RATS is a big deal to many people, but personally I don't think it is worth it, but some absolutely love it. Remember points don't matter, knowledge counts.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
1) Is there more than one member with over a hundred thousand points? Glad to see the wealth increasing! I wrote about where my points came from once. Go find it. Look for 100,000 in the title. Surfup has part of the picture but I don't get that motivated to start topics any more. I have no interest in ATSNN at all, I look for intelligent views here and get news from news sources.

2) If R.A.T.S. posters spilled the beans on what is discussed in R.A.T.S., it wouldn't Really be R.A.T.S. would it?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks for your help, guys; well-put without giving up too much information.

Just for the record, I'm not really here for the points; it was the ability to share and respond to stories of the kind frequently discussed here that drew me. However, I'm very curious as to what goes on behind the 3500-point curtain...

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Just for the record, I'm not really here for the points; it was the ability to share and respond to stories of the kind frequently discussed here that drew me. However, I'm very curious as to what goes on behind the 3500-point curtain...

Sorry I though you were here for points, some are though like me, I was for here for points for sometime, now I lost interest. Honest.

There are still some people who are here for points and spam the board to get into RATS, don't follow them.

About RATS, you could be really surprised or really disappointed, don't get your hopes up!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Copy and Pastage could possibly help with inflating your points....

I am not here to point fingers, but I see it done, just obvious copy and rips lol

Others just post a lot in forums which give higher points...

while others don't care at all about points, sure they are nice, bfd.

RATS? /snore

if you got the points to burn go for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Xeno, I see you have taken my advice and posted on ATSNN.

Good luck and prepare for disappointment on RATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I got in RATS when I was ThePook, but when I became Pisky, I lost access. I suppose I'll just have to wait

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I don't have 100,000 yet but I am close to joining that most elusive of clubs at ATS. I believe there are only two others in it and one of them is MA and the other is a past banned member.

I tend to agree with MA too, I primarily post the way he does, I tend to shun the 'join the club' mentality and I'm here to learn and to teach others. All my points come from posting, sheer effort. While not all my posts are what one would call opus quality, I'm sure that my few words at times are just as insightful as a long diatribe.

The way to get points is posting quite simply. Sure you can win points doing things but in my opinion that is the slow way. After over 5000 posts I can see the day that I may have 10000 posts, provided I don't get the 'can' so to speak.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
THENEO-
sum it up biatch

just say :

YOU GET POINTS BY POSTING YOU MORON!

or go that fancy way and od you what you did, but the message is more clear mine

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Who are you to call me a moron anyways?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i didnt call you a moron

thats what you could have said instead of using eloquent language

i didnt call you a moron, i called you a bitch

no hard feelings

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Uh? you need better rock sista?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
thats even more confusing

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What I think is confusing is your need to post here when you haven't a clue what is going on around you? Is this some pervse pleasure you are experiencing?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
wait..wait....wait.....

perverse pleasure?

yes, yes i get off on the fact that you suck.

and wait again......

lets pretend i didnt know what was going on around me (even though that comment came out of nowhere and was just a space filler).....why would it be confusing to you?? wouldnt it just support your thought of me being stupid?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's a new fetish all the kids are getting mixed into these days, it's a step above that Pokemon. It's a tradegy I swear.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I suck? gee let me guess you have made 20 posts here total and you know everything there is to know about me?

No you are an amateur pretending that you know something and worse still shooting your mouth off to back up the nothingness that you so aptly display.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
yes...yes i know everything about you

thank you google search

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join