It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-life case of demon possession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A well-known New York psychiatrist treated a woman who levitated, spoke in
languages unknown to her, and exhibited incredible strength.

Here's the story: www.worldnetdaily.com...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by lw2525]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's weird the only coverage of this is in "alternative" media/websites. That kind of suggests it's nonsense, as a discovery like this has massive implications for the field of psychiatry, not to mention physics!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It says it was published in a scientific journal, unfortinantly most people live under the presumption that if it's "common knowledge" then it has been proven or good enough, even if it hasn't. But in cases where stuff like this is documented it tends to just gather dust because no-one is interested in re-arranging the fundemental assumptions they have about the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HighEye

No. Scientists strive to do just that. Saying they don't want to touch it because it's too real or that they just can't handle it is not accurate at all.

The reason no-one's discussing this is most likely because it's nonsense.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I concur. Initially I thought maybe it's just gonna take a while to hit the mainstream, but if this actually happened as described, I don't think it could stay under the radar. It would be all over the news.
It's really cliche too! The victim speaking in unknown languages, levitating objects, etc. (Not that I know how an actual possessed person would behave!)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well it depends how it was documented. Obviously a lot of priests have documented similar cases but the opinion of a priest would not be taken with as much weight. You'd be surprised what you can find in scientific journals, cases stranger than this, but there is little correlation between accuracy and popularity.

join