It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or is Karma the DUMBEST idea ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
1. Most people use "Karma" and are even into its religious origins. STUPID. How can you use something if you aren't into the rest of it? That makes no sense.

2. Isn't this called something else already? "Being nice" or "What goes around comes around" or "Do unto others..."? To me it just looks like people need an excuse to do good things in hope that their miserable existence will have meaning and good crap will happen. Now they have a name for when good stuff happens back. Hey its NOT karma, its life. I could rape 1,000 people and guess what? It won't matter. I could save 1,000 people and it won't matter. Good or bad stuff will happen either way in my life time.

I know some idiot will say "Well like OMG, if you rape people karma will make bad stuff happen!" Er no, the law makes bad stuff happen. I know alot of idiots that believe in Karma and guess what? While they think their lives are diffrent now....NOTHINGS CHANGED. From an outside viewpoint they still have the same lives as before.

My problem with "Karma" is that suddenly its become popular here in the UK and people say they believe in it but aren't actually religious in anyway. Why not just say "I believe if I do good, good stuff will happen". At least you don't sound like a total moron for need an excuse to do good. In the end there is no magical force that makes good happen in return for good.

Oh since someone will probably bring up "What about your religion and all that?". There nothing that says if I do good, good will happen. Bible tells you try and be a good person but theres no promises of anything good. Not in the way "Karma" makes it sound. Now people expect to lead amazing lives thanks to not learning what Karma is. If your going to do something do EVERYTHING that comes with it. I hate people that steal things from religions and think they don't need to do the rest.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Quick sarcastic comment: What do you expect from people from Derby!

Lengthy Opinionated bit: Your concept of Karma is also a little off.

Dictionary definition: karma |ˈkärmə|
noun
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

It is an eternally infinite concept...

Might as well just say 5hit happens, and sometimes that 5hit is good!

But hey, there's an awful lot of ignorant people out there... Sometimes I'm one of them.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Karma, what goes around comes around...

I've seen it in action...much to my jollies

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Very much agreed Jen.
Never underestimate the power of the universe that flows through all.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The difference between what I believe and Karma is people tell me in Karma you WILL have good things happen if you do something good. No matter what. Like my friend said if he helped a old lady put her groceries in her car he would 100% for sure have something good happen.

In my religion just because I help that old lady doesn't mean jack. I am doing beacuse I want to be a good person. NOT beacuse I am hoping to get something in return from my God or in Karmas case some mystical force that says I will. Nothing I do means God is going to reward me one way or the other, I am not earning anything. I can be bad as I want and wouldn't make a difference. It all makes a difference when I die for the most part. My rewards are in heaven. And by rewards it isn't in human terms. Although Catholics believe in something like Karma. They "earn" their way to heaven.

Once again most people I see or know think of its just as a simple thing of .... do good, get good rewards. Do bad, get bad things. They don't know crap about it beyond that.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The idea of karma makes perfect sense from my point of view. I'm not religious at all either. To put it simply...

Like attracts like and the quality of your experience in this life has much to do with what kind of experience you'll find in the next.

Consider that the environment around us is a result of consciousness (instead of the other way around like we're taught) and the idea of "attraction" starts to make sense from a logical perspective. You don't have to have faith to believe in karma... though "believe" is a strong word, so I'll just say that I find it more likely than not that karma exists.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

I had her come back and bite me a couple of times and I deserved it, but I learned.

Thanks Karma.

new topics

top topics

join