It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Ancient Life On Mars?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
Just a thought but what would Earth look like 50 million years after being hit by a rock large enough to re-arrange half the planets crust and strip the atmosphere.

Perhaps this is what Mars looked like a few million years ago....

The Nicholson Crater
Courtesy: thelivingmoon

Now what of planet Earth? With environmental degradation gone berserk, it would probably be what Mars is today!! But this may happen much sooner than later!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Agreed Mike! Check out what just popped up! Thar be SALT in them thar hills!

a52.g.akamaitech.net...

Some of the oldest regions of Mars' surface appear to contain chloride minerals (blue), which may be sodium chloride, or salt. The scattering and size of the deposits suggests they were formed by water evaporation, researchers say, boosting the chances for the existence of life on the Red Planet. Credit: Space.com

[edit on 21-3-2008 by GeneralLee]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by GeneralLee]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Mike I like your posts, but I don't see Earth getting turned into Mars. All that water in the air doesn't just go away. It would go up, and then come down from heat. Earth is a self-correcting planet. History has shown this.

It survived a planet-wide toxic cloud that killed off the dinos. It will survive some pollution.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Theres no real point in this thread, if they were what you say they were, alot of other people would have already found it out, if it isnt then its our imaginations.

what we should all be doing is finding out about our own planet instead of snooping around other planets.

i mean we dont even use more than 10% of our brains or something like that and most of our sea's havent even been explored, there could be aliens living in our oceans and we wouldnt even know it, and its because the human race is ignorent, there could be artifacts, hell atlantis could even be down in those seas/oceans but we cba to focus on our own planet.

peace out, sorry for being dismissive.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Richard.M.J.Palmer
Theres no real point in this thread, if they were what you say they were, alot of other people would have already found it out, if it isnt then its our imaginations.

what we should all be doing is finding out about our own planet instead of snooping around other planets.

i mean we dont even use more than 10% of our brains or something like that and most of our sea's havent even been explored, there could be aliens living in our oceans and we wouldnt even know it, and its because the human race is ignorent, there could be artifacts, hell atlantis could even be down in those seas/oceans but we cba to focus on our own planet.

peace out, sorry for being dismissive.

Perhaps you've been a little bit dismissive, but you also made some good points, (except for the 10% of use of our brain: i don't think its so, but that's the only point with which i disagree in your post).

Deep-Sea Alien Abode Discovered

By Jeanna Bryner, LiveScience Staff Writer

Carnivorous sponges, blind creepy-crawlies adorned with hairy antennae and ribbed worms are just some of the new characters recently found to inhabit the dark abysses of the Southern Ocean, an alien abode once thought devoid of such life.

Recent expeditions have uncloaked this polar region, finding nearly 600 organisms never described before and challenging some assumptions that deep-sea biodiversity is depressed. The findings also suggest that all of Earth's marine life originated in Antarctic waters.

www.livescience.com...

Video: Under Antarctic Ice

Strange New Creatures Found in Antarctica

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
Just a thought but what would Earth look like 50 million years after being hit by a rock large enough to re-arrange half the planets crust and strip the atmosphere. I doubt many spoons would still be in the kitchen

I doubt there would be many spoons at all, or skulls, or whatever. Entire cities are leveled and ground into the dirt, yet somehow a skull or some other artifact survives relatively intact, just sitting on the surface, with a hundred other such "anomalies?" Come on. Really.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I hope I can speak for mike and any other who look at mars pictures when I say this. The reason I do it is
1. Prue enjoyment
2. People on here are always saying hat NASA have experts, who go over these photos and remove things. I believe that’s true. However, these experts are also just humans like every one else. And like every one else they make mistakes, over look things. It could be for any reason. Lack of sleep, an argument with their partner, or even a death of a friend of loved one. People get distracted no matter how much of an expert they are. NASA has experts who work on the shuttle. However, things still go wrong. Mistakes are made, Things are over looked. What I’m saying is there is always a chance no matter how small, that one day the people who fix these photos will over look some thing and that’s what I’m hoping for.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Richard.M.J.Palmer
Theres no real point in this thread, if they were what you say they were, a lot of other people would have already found it out, if it isnt then its our imaginations.

Well, Richard, that's the whole point! You mention that a lot of 'other people' would have already found these anomalies. Who are these 'other people' you imply? Richard Hoagland? Jo Skipper? Don't you think you and I could be these 'other people' also? Discovery is an ongoing dynamic process with new findings being discovered everyday. We haven’t as yet reached a stage where there is nothing left to discover. In fact, we’ve not even discovered the tip of the tip of the proverbial iceberg as yet!

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to discover anomalies. All you need is patience and an eye for detail. Experience in photo interpretation is an added advantage.

Like what geological process has made a stone look like a wrench (as can be seen in the image below)? Did you notice the thin 'handle' resting on the rock? Isn't it much easier and logical to assume that it's been made of metal rather than a natural stone formation? On Earth, yes. But since one can't imagine or believe that anything metallic can lie on the surface of Mars, then it must be nothing but a rock or imagination. A piece of metal on Mars?? Impossible!! Therefore it has to be a stone! But that's what this thread is all about. So let's not slam the door shut just yet.

There are more things in heaven and Earth than can be dreamt of in your philosophy!
Shakespeare

In the image below, for example, it's easy to say it’s just a rock, but what geological process has produced this strange shape? If you can explain this, it would have been better appreciated than just the argument that it’s nothing but a rock or just imagination!

Cheers!

[edit on 22-3-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Like what geological process has made a stone look like a wrench?

You think that looks like a wrench? Interesting. Because I know what a wrench looks like, and that odd-shaped rock doesn't look much like one, unless you have a really vague, flexible idea of what a wrench looks like. Like if you looked a a toucan's beak and said, "Hey, that beak looks just like a wrench."

Oh, I see. This is a special weird-shaped wrench used to turn those huge bolts on flying saucer warp drives.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Oh, I see. This is a special weird-shaped wrench used to turn those huge bolts on flying saucer warp drives.

Right! A Martian wrench! You seem very sure what a Martian wrench looks like! How come? Let's have the gen! Seems you possess inside knowledge as regards the type of tools those Martians use on their warp drives on them flying machines!

[edit on 22-3-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
And here's an image that seems to show a disturbance in the soil! Whodunit?

Pic take on 12th Jan 2004 by MER, Spirit.
Image source:Mars Quest Online

Now considering the environmental conditions on Mars, what with all its dust storms etc, how come this patch has not been covered/obliterated as yet?

But this one is probably the drag mark made after the rover landed and its airbags were deflated and retracted. That's what NASA says and I tend to agree here, for want of another explanation.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
And here's an image that seems to show a disturbance in the soil! Whodunit?

Pic take on 12th Jan 2004 by MER, Spirit.
Image source:Mars Quest Online

Now considering the environmental conditions on Mars, what with all its dust storms etc, how come this patch has not been covered/obliterated as yet?

But this one is probably the drag mark made after the rover landed and its airbags were deflated and retracted. That's what NASA says and I tend to agree here, for want of another explanation.

Cheers!

Heh...
Looks like someone has been there peeing and now it is drying up...
NIce pics mike

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
@MrPenny- Your thinking inside the tiny tiny little small, probably wrong, mental box wich dictates "Humans don't need it or have it, so its not real, and even if aliens are real they wouldn't need anything we didn't need." (man that little box has a lot to say huh? lol) Your restrained by the idea that humans don't have very good A.I. so WE have no need for human looking robots. But just imagine we had good A.I., how usefull a human shaped robot would be, to fly our ships and operate our equipment, to be a stand-in for a person for boring jobs, like collecting rock samples while the people run around looking at the cool stuff.

Besides that, even with OUT good AI we DO use anthropamorfic robots, haven't you seen the Boba-Fett looking robot wich uses VR interface?
Nasa Robot

@Nohup- For not wanting to assume your own exsistance, you assume a lot about artifacts on an alien world. As far as one skull sticking out but everything else being destroyed, how do we find dinosaur fossils then? Besides, there are pockets in even the most extreme explosions where things are untouched, it was either WTC or Oklahoma City, where they found an entire office that had fallen all that way and soft landed, papers still on the desk, desk rolling chair still behind the desk and 2 chairs in front of the desk, just as it was left, but with a coat of grey dust.

Your also assumeing these things are not consintrated, maybe we only see them all the time because NASA thinks (apperently rightly so) that we are all too skeptical and ignorant to notice, and they are blatently exploreing areas that looked good for artifacts from orbit. You don't have a good global average to base your thoeries on (neither do I). I just don't see all these earth rocks everyone says look like stuff, they are all clearly rocks to me, the ones posted here anyway.

Man, Jesus said "The truth will set you free" and I think he meant once you know your humble little place in the universe, and yet how special we STILL are, it will free your mind to accept the bizzare truths of the giant universe. We seem to have no idea of our true value to the universe, some like Nohup, believe life too worthless to truely exsist anywhere, and others think them selves SO important that there is no need for there to be other civilisations, so any proof of them is just the devil's work.

Who knows? We don't that much is pretty sure. These pics of POSSIBLE artifacts could be important clues, they could be rocks, neither one will influence wich stocks you should buy, but hey it should give a clue of whats POSSIBLE. Right?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does the landscape of Mars look like a nuclear blastzone?
I have no doubt that life existed on there at some point, and i have not 1 problem with the hypothesis that alien civilizations have visited the earth in the last 100 years.
Believe.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by judgementhol

I don't know if it's just you, but to me it does not look like that.

Not only that, but I have never seen any place on Mars that looked like a nuclear blast zone in any way.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
me also , Or atleast somthing of great magnitude

looks like an ancient cataclisam or battle of the gods maybe and erosion has coverd it up

over thousands of years

[edit on 22-3-2008 by plasmacutter]

[edit on 22-3-2008 by plasmacutter]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Perhaps whoever was on Mars came to Earth right before a planet ending event? I had pictures on my hard drive before it crashed of a Martian Sun God that looked like the ones found in Incan\Myan times. It was on one of the large rocks first seen by the rover. I think it was named Yogi rock. Other photos I had from that time showed similar things like a skull, sheild and square type objects as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BEER980

Here is it
Yogi

"Yogi" is a meter-size rock about 5 meters northwest of the Mars Pathfinder lander and was the second rock visited by the Sojourner Rover’s alpha proton X-ray spectrometer (APXS) instrument. This mosaic shows super resolution techniques applied to the second APXS target rock, which was poorly illuminated in the rover’s forward camera view taken before the instrument was deployed. Super resolution was applied to help to address questions about the texture of this rock and what it might tell us about its mode of origin.

This mosaic of Yogi was produced by combining four "Super Pan" frames taken with the IMP camera. This composite color mosaic consists of 7 frames from the right eye, taken with different color filters that were enlarged by 500% and then co-added using Adobe Photoshop to produce, in effect, a super-resolution panchromatic frame that is sharper than an individual frame would be. This panchromatic frame was then colorized with the red, green, and blue filtered images from the same sequence. The color balance was adjusted to approximate the true color of Mars. Shadows were processed separately from the rest of the rock and combined with the rest of the scene to bring out details in the shadow of Yogi that would be too dark to view at the same time as the sunlit surfaces. This resulted in the unusual color fringing at the edges of the shadow. Image processing and mosaic by Tim Parker, JPL.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hmmm...And what the heck are these on Yogi??? Looks like a darn fossil of a spider on the right!!

[edit on 23-3-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

It doesn't look like a fossil spider (or anything else that I know).

What photo did you used, the one from Internos' post or this one from the link provided, the real super-resolution image?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join