It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Ancient Life On Mars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the pictures, some very interesting indeed. Going back to an earlier point about the 'ammo-box' and how other intelligent life would not think/design similar stuff to us, consider some of the established things on earth - and would they be that much different?
i.e sport, mostly involving a sphere/ball.(universal shape) Usually kicking or throwing, this couldnt be that much different on other worlds and i could see it being prevalent throught the galaxy in some form + most entities are theorized or reported as having legs to run.
Music - you gotta have some kind of rhythm for a start, an instrument playing high notes, guitar, piano,etc + bass and of course singing and words. i cant see how there is any alternative no matter how many light years you cross.
Then you've got War, Disease, Religion, Films etc.
Anyone think these things or very similar will always come around on any world, just waiting on a genetic code to be activated?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
lol machine gun, you guys serious ? Come on, machine gun ? ammo box....riiiight. Yes, maybe there has been something, maybe there still is something, i don't know, but machine guns

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
@Mike- Yup millitary does good and bad things to your mind, but mostly good, alot of our brains were designed for war/defence/hunting so I tend think most of us with millitary experieance tap into a large part of our brains other men don't, but I could be biased.

As far as the overlay- THANX! It was a quicky, but I know those help me see things at a glance, and doing them helps me see details I can't see without them, wich, without the overlay I would have missed. Any such rock shaped like that on earth wouldn't be still laying out, unless it had recently erroded out, mainly because there are about 6.5 billion curious, semi-intelligent (lol), monkeys running around its surface! The oldest known art on earth is a rock found in a cave that naturaly resembled a face, so we courious monkeys have been recogniseing neat shapes in rocks for a long time.

The moon skull is even better, with the red rim around the mouth area, AND if you look at the bigger picture you can make out where its body was too. I just wonder why we stopped goin to the moon after that, maybe we were scared, or maybe we did go back in secret? I talked to a guy with a giant back-yard telescope and he said the glass domes on the moon were easy to see, just no one looks. At the time (late ninties) I thought he was nuts, but after finding all this moon stuff, it made me realize I had a debunker in me too. I'd rather error on the side of nuts, and tone it down when more evidence is forth comming these days. So what if your theory is nuts, as long as its based on evidence?

@rocksarerocks- There is a giant diffrence between a skeptic, who talks probiblities facts and evidence, and a debunker, who demands proof rails against deduction calls anyone who disgrees crazy and is upset by anything that can't fit into thier neat little mental box. Wich do you think you look like to me?

I knew I put too many question marks and that it would set someone off, but others like you would have ASSumed that I was declareing it was proof without them. I'm fully aware it really could be a rock. So, what good does it do you or anyone here to simpley dismiss it as a rock and that its not worth anyone's time, who made you the truth sheriff? If you were to require "proof" of everything, you'd never get threw your day. Do you think its people who aproach things like you who make discoveries and advance humanity, or people like Mike here who do more for our future? Well I geuss we'd all just go crazy from our brains falling out all the time if debunkers weren't around to try and shove them back in our empty skulls lol.

I'd love to know how a person becomes a subject matter expert by continuously posting pictures of rocks with thread titles that are completely misleading followed by a question mark.

LOL I'm not a rock expert 1st of all. Like I said I just know weapons real well, from bare hands to M1A1's I've handled, used, repaired, studied, and forgott more about weaponry in genral than most people , and who better to make some educated guesses? Who exactly are all these people being miss-led? Do you think your self the saviour of the mentaly meek, or are you affraid YOUR being miss-led? What a party pooper. I bet the guy/gal who found that rock laying around, wich we later found as the oldest known art, had some other cave man standing over his/her shoulder saying "Ug, THAT not a face, it just a rock, me think you crazy! Put rock back, we have mamoth to hunt." Good thing they didn't listen either!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike, here you can find a color image of Spirit Sol 1420 PanCam
areo.info...

How color images are created
areo.info...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Now you know that photo of "Data's Head" has been beat to death here on ATS.....

Hoagland's site clearly identifies the photo as "color enhanced", then declares the red stripe to not be an artifact of that process? 'Scuse me? That bright patch of red isn't visible in the larger image that this example is cropped from.

What possible use does an anthropomorphic robot have on the moon? Is it possible they got a bunch of engineers to design this thing, that just happened to be from Disney? The Mars Rovers are robots.....incredibly functional robots that have zero need to look like anything but what they were designed for.

Anthropomorphic robots are built to impress people, not get any particular job done....their use on a moon for exploration, mining, work, security, etc., would be so pointless as to render the possibility of such, comical.

I could just picture a project director, discussing the latest batch of helium 3 mining drones for the moon's farside....."Uh, yessir....we want to make them look like C3PO."......"Uh, nossir......they won't work worth a hoot; they'll tend to fall over a lot"......"Uh, I'm what sir?.....fired?"......

[edit on 20-3-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i275.photobucket.com... looks like a big leg bone, look at the object above it follow it down to your yellow square, looks like sand coverd the middle of the bone???

[edit on 20-3-2008 by plasmacutter]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah, the various random rocks that kind of look like other things are interesting. But I'm still not sure that if you went out and took similar photos in any rocky desert on Earth that you wouldn't see similar things, and not just because Earth is a huge garbage dump.

And speaking of random, how come this stuff is never in any sort of context that might indicate some larger organization? It's like there was a huge garbage dump floating in the atmosphere that exploded and scattered this stuff everywhere, with no rhyme or reason to it.

I know a little bit about archeology. And it seems to me that you generally find artifacts associated with other artifacts in a way that makes sense. You find an old spoon, for instance, inside the remains of a kitchen. Except for the occasional lone arrowhead that a might have been dragged into the forest by a wounded deer, most artifacts are found in some kind of village or town. You know, where people used them. Not scattered randomly about the ground.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
unless a huge explosion of some kind some where, the percusion of somthing would send a wave of energy powerfull enough to seperate lots of things from normal postions.

Or even an globa flood will displace things
im just saying anything is pos we on earth have no real clue

im just saying that pic looks a lot like a bone barried buy sand is all.I am not claming it is one .

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Is there a possibility the population is being slowly conditioned for a disclosure? And that is why there is no official words yet. First we are let on our own terms get used to the idea. And the disclosure might be a very slow one, in small increments, maybe even spanning several generations, until no one will even think about it, just second nature...

You think this is how an intelligent / non disruptive disclosure could possibly be made?

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Raabjorn]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
yes !!! I do think that is very probabal.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raabjorn
Is there a possibility the population is being slowly conditioned for a disclosure?

Would you seriously believe any kind of official disclosure? Even (or especially) if it said everything you ever dreamed of hearing? Aliens, free energy, joyrides to distant planets for everybody, immortality, etc. No, you would immediately wonder what the "real" truth was, what are they still hiding, what kind of secret deal they've made with these aliens, and so on. Disclosure is a myth.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
may be a myth but dosent mean they wont atleast try hehe.

some will truely believe what is disclosed .

And i didnt say i believe. I just said it is probabal, that they are trying to do it to a degree .

but more for confusion i think. then to try and let us actualy know.

most things we research has come out in papers,movies,pictures,tv .

But lately it dose seem to be more of it then befor.

But are they riding the money wave of the interest??

Or is it all to a degree true / disinfo/??(i.e economic depression,WW3,NWO,starvation, disease,UFO,Alliens,ect ect..)

Who knows realy .But if it isnt true what a boreing life it would be , If it had not been made up.

Lots of books and movies ect ect. never would have been thought up.

But whatever is the truth, BE asured us at ATS will never figure it all out but we will have fun trying to prove otherwise .

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'll admit you have some wonderful images. But what makes me feel odd is why do we find these things EVERY time we land? This means 1 of two things.

Either we're making a big deal over nothing...

OR

The planet was a city planet, with trinkets everywhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi Mike

Good thread again with some really good images

Looks like you have been dragged over the hot coals with this one. I think what you have provided here is excellent as always and have drawn a big crowd

I might be able to find some spare parts for my 1988 Corolla on Mars if I look in the right places.

Again Mike great thread and love your work.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

In that spirit sol 1420 pic you link too have you noticed what looks like lines scribed in sand at right angles about three quarters of the way down on the right hand side.

Apologies if already noticed or that was the point of the link in the first place.n

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Why are there so many rocks on Mars ?

Can anybody explain the specific geological process that goes to form the type of surface we see and would it be unusual for that process to apply planet wide - after all there are similar places on Earth but planet wide ?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Just a thought but what would Earth look like 50 million years after being hit by a rock large enough to re-arrange half the planets crust and strip the atmosphere.

I doubt many spoons would still be in the kitchen

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
people see what they want to see. Whenever a photo of mars shows up, people starts to look that pic, from inch by inch, why, i bet because they wanna find something from it.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You guys aren't using your imagination! Obviously whatever created us, made us with an imagination use it! If you think logically, mars and earth have a similar type atmosphere. Hense, if there are martians (or was..) Its very much possible they are carbon based water beings such as us. This also proves the point that the picture of the "machine" gun, could very well be a gun. Perhaps a more advanced type of weaponary similar to our ancestors?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Aww Man, I was drawn into this thread by the Thread Title. Got me again, how foolish of me, my bad. Proof is never going to be forth coming in this section of ATS. I think I will write this statement down 1000 times with pencil and paper. Maybe, I will learn too quit looking at mistitled, misleading threads.

well then dont even bother looking at this website. its not misleading at all, he finished with a question mark, indicating the possibility of the statement.

anyways, orsum thread man! got me all excited especiall the skulls!

a star and a flag for you!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join