It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's speech and symbology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Many people have seen Obama's speech from 18 mar and even if you didn't, it was covered by all news networks and internet services.

Did anyone notice the 8 gold fringed flags on the stage?

These are admiralty flags and this goes back for at least 35 years in the conspiracy debate over the meaning of these flags.

For the true conspiracy buff, the number of flags should raise a"flag". Get out the numerology books and look up number 8.

Just a couple of casual observations from watch some good TV....

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

This post by you really surprises me. Usually the nature of your posts are much more factual and much less innuendo.

The man was being assailed for his patriotism, what else could he do? He's damned if he takes steps to stop the bleeding and he's guilty by omission if he doesn't.

The fact is, that speech was for Democrats, both liberal and moderate, not Republicans but he at least had to seize the moment to appeal to the superficial and shallow patriotism of certain Republican constituents who were watching for the pure spectator sports of it.

I am quite sure that in America there exists many citizens whose idea of patriotism and leadership is directly proportionate to the number of flags behind the podium.

[edit on 19/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Flags on a stage doesn't mean anything other than the stage has some flags on it.

Why do people keep reading into stuff so much? There's enough going on in the world, in plain sight, to keep even the most ravenous infomaniac busy for the rest of their lives, without having to go ass-delving to concoct new conspiracies.

Symbology and numerology seem to be the retreat of those desperately trying to connect dots that have nothing to do with each other.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I thought I had some good troll bait.

Thank you, Kosmicjack and dave420, for the insightful posts and yes, I couldn't pass this one up. It was a slow pitch across home plate.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
And the number 8 signifies what?

(That was a one-liner, sorry Mods)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It depends on the type of number (birthday, name, other types also) but 8 represents sudden fortune, prosperity, executive character and abilities, political skills, expert handling of power and authority, working for a cause, achieving recognition, exercising sound judgment, decisive and commanding, workaholic, overly ambitious, lacking humanitarian instincts, mismanaging money, repressing subordinates, impatient with people, stressed, materialistic.

Or it could just be his (or one of his staff's) lucky number.

This info was based on a couple of sources, not just my memory.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Oh, well... um, er - if that's what it all means then, yeah. Totally.
Obama '08! Except for all the bad stuff.

[edit on 24/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It signifies "One more than seven, one less than nine" and nothing else.

Numbers are just numbers. They don't "represent" anything other than their numerical value. They don't have double-meanings. They're just numbers.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
He was merely responding to Republican and public criticism of his wife's faux pax about "finally feeling proud to be an American". His wife politically "misspoke" just like Hilary did and the best way to gloss it over was to nearly drape himself in the flag while explaining his position on Race in the elections.

I noticed he didn't disconnect himself from pastor White but merely disagreed with his latest preaching. This still leaves Obama free to run back to White if White says anything positive and pertinent about America. It gives Obama back-peddling room if he becomes the nominee for the Democratic Party.

Obama is pretty slick and handy with the smoking mirrors. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bull****! Personally I'm not going to vote for a presidential candidate whose initials are BO if you know what I mean. (If not- ask your parents)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Skyfloating

It signifies "One more than seven, one less than nine" and nothing else.

Numbers are just numbers. They don't "represent" anything other than their numerical value. They don't have double-meanings. They're just numbers.

Bill Clinton bases much of his life on the number 13. Especially and specifically dates. The research is quite fascinating and many world leaders have done this. Numbers may just be numbers to you- but they mean much more to someone else.

top topics

join