It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing crying again - at Bombardier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

Boeing will defend its market share if Bombardier’s proposed CSeries starts adding pressure to its narrowbody offering, but the US airframer does not believe launch of the proposed 110/130-seat airliner is warranted.

So Bombardier want to launch an aircraft into a segment of the market which Boeing flopped in - the DC-9 users want to replace them- and teh Boeing 717 wasn`t exactly brilliant , so bombardier want to get in on that

and boeing just cry.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wait a minute!

Do they act so childish because there is competition comming???!!!

Whahahahahahahaa!! Boohooeing just cant stop making idiots out off them selves.

Oh wait: Bombardier is Canandian... That explains the moron response from boohooeing.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Boeing are truly pathetic
link

Embraer 190 is also doin the rounds.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
between the 2 (and airbus with the A318 , although only the US does show it as a regional jet so tax it as a heavy) boeing arn`t involved and have neglected this market - the 717 is only a newer DC-9 , but with lack of comonality with the rest of the boeing range no one wanted it - what boeing should have done is a 737-short for the market but they didn`t - and they are still sitting on there hands whilst they lose out.

they cry because there is real compeition and they can`t force there way in.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The C-Series runs up to 149 seats.

I believe the actual limiter on it was the pilots.

As RJ pilot salaries are less, and they were trying to draw a line at 100 seats between RJ and a 'heavy'...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Erm. The 717, WAS pretty great aircraft, it was a victim of circumstance and stupid decisions by Douglas. I am not going to go into it any further than that; but I will say the EMB-1xx was better. There is also the 737-600 and A318, but the 717 sold the pants of both of those.

And why have you recently been boohooing about 'Boohooeing'? Press reports like this are common in the aircraft industry; google 'John Leahy', or perhaps the 'Canandian' A400M engine bid.

Onto the news article, what is Boeing trying to prove with all this? Atleast it's not as bad as... LEAHY. Oh man, that guy was annoying, thank god after his heart operation he quit with the stupid comments.
Wonder why I haven't heard any threads about Airbus crying at Boeing? I think I may already have the answer.

[edit on 20/3/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The 717 sold all of 158 aircraft in the 12 year production run - thats not selling the pants off anything - and douglas with the DC-9 made a great job - it was boeing with the 717 after they bought MD that messed it all up; the 737-600 isn`t really an RJ - at 132 seats its too big (technically -they have to pay them heavy flight rates not RJ flight rates) - BUT it is bought by the people who *could* have bought the 717;

and thats the issue - with the B737 once type qualified your all set - the 717 (or dc-9) had a unique cockpit which meant to fly another aircraft you had to type quailify , whereas A318 aircrew could jump right into the much bigger A321 and fly it, same with 737 aircrew.

To give you numbers in 7 years airbus have 100 orders for the A318 ; Boeing have 69 orders for the B737-6 and in comparison Canadair have made 260 CRJ-700 and have orders for 130 CRJ-900 - in the same time frame as both Airbus and Boeing offerings -and so far they have 70 orders for the as yet unbuilt CRJ-1000 and by far and away the market leader , Embraer , have over 500 orders for there E-170 and E-190 aircraft( and a further 750+ options); as an idea the E-190 which first flew in 2006 has 250 orders allready with 36 allready delivered - and at 1/2 the cost of the competing boeing and airbus.This is why boeing is really a bit player in this market and so , really , is airbus.

the canadian P&W engine bid? old news please read up in many threads from years ago about that one;

Press reports like this are common in the aircraft industry

no there not

this `comment` by Boeing is them throwing there toys out of the the pram - first with them ignoring the USAF asking for a trip 7 tanker and offering the end of line 767 which they didn`t ask for - [and there is alot of information about that on pprune] it was Boeing who wrote the tanker specs not the usaf which is why a good few people at Boeing lost there jobs and at least 3 are in prison now.

and give examples of anyone else other than Boeing making stupid comments ` this product isn`t warrented` - thats utter crap - Boeing arn`t leaders or even in this sector so they are crying about the market leaders. end of.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Whatever, I've seen companies winge just like this before.
And Boeing was not the only one who messed the 717 up but I don't feel like discussing it right now.

[edit on 20/3/2008 by C0bzz]

top topics

join