It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what you should know about the 14th Dalai Lama

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ikaruga

I am very familiar with FulanGong. However I think you see what your government wants you to see. We Americans can see it all and make up our own minds. I would put up the links needed to educate the chinese concerning the horrific treatment that FulanGong members have and still recieve, but you wouldn't be able to view it. I will tell you however that there has been an International outcry and investigations. Harvesting organs from live FulanGong practioners would be the least of the torture.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

For the 5000th time, I AM AMERICAN. I enjoy playing devil's advocate on this thread because I think the pro-China and pro-Tibet folks are both inherently wrong.

The real truth lies somewhere in between the Western propaganda and the Chinese propaganda.

To the Chinese, the Fa Lun Gong is similar to the Branch Davidians or the Free men militia. The reports of organ harvesting and torture have never been verified other than through the stories of Fa Lun Gong members.

It is true that China rountinely takes the organs from executed prisoners, but so what? I guess that's all just part of repaying your debt to society. And if you are gong to die anyway, you might as well be helping others.

At least two or three times a month, I come home to find Fa Lun Gong DVD's on my door. The Fa Lun Gong members dramatize scenes in which they are being tortured or beaten, but never offer any real pictures or videos.

The Fa Lun Gong, and anyone else who wants to see a clamp placed on China's growing influence and power, would of course use human right's violation propaganda to shame China on the world stage.

Look at America's human rights violations as well and remind yourself that those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by ikaruga]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

I am very familiar with FulanGong.
[edit on 26-3-2008 by Witness2008]

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but if you are so familiar with the Fa Lun Gong, I would imagine you would know the correct pinyin for their group.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You may want to research the relief amounts that the U.S donated to your country. the figure is far from the 150,000.00 you quoted to us dumb westerners.

The article you posted is about the money the Chinese Red Cross received from CHINESE people. US dollars is only there in brackets to make the western audience familiar with the amount donated because that site is intended for English speaking users.

The US only donated 150,000 like the original poster claimed

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
China relented and allowed media into Lhasa for the first time since recent riots. At the Jokahang temple a group of monks bravely contradict China's accusation that the Dalai Lama was behind protests, called the Chinese liars and said the Chinese began the violence.

Immediately afterwards the press were led away and those monks were arrested.

www.findinternettv.com...

[edit on 27-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

You may want to research the relief amounts that the U.S donated to your country. the figure is far from the 150,000.00 you quoted to us dumb westerners.

The article you posted is about the money the Chinese Red Cross received from CHINESE people. US dollars is only there in brackets to make the western audience familiar with the amount donated because that site is intended for English speaking users.

The US only donated 150,000 like the original poster claimed

Chinwhite, I envy you, I am so surprised that you are still trying to brainwash this businesswoman. I mean, if you are afraid for your career in the agency, don't worry, at least my superior from Beijing already accepted my proposal to let go, and stop bothering with these kinds of anti-China crusaders. If your superior is stubborn, I can always hook you up with mine, I just hope mine is not outranked by yours. The horror if he finds out that I am allowed to let it go.... What if I stilll....no, I will not think about that.....

Oh by the way, even if you show links and quotes as below, she will still think we are lying and maybe even build up that website by ourselves to confirm our claims. Arghhh, I hated my Website building classes at the I&PR U...

beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn...

Remarks by Clark T. Randt, Jr.
Ambassador of the United States of America to China
Disaster Relief Donation Ceremony
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy
Beijing, China

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you, secretary general Wang Haijing, Secretary General of the Red Cross Society of China for joining us here today.

As you are all aware, millions of Chinese citizens attempting to return home to be with their families for Chinese New Year celebrations have been caught in the biggest winter storm to strike southern China in fifty years. What should be a time of joy and familial harmony has instead turned into a living nightmare of desperation and misery, as the extreme conditions resulted in chaos for the transportation network and massive power outages. Millions of people have been cut-off from essential supplies. Hundreds of thousands of homes have been damaged or have collapsed altogether.

And the immediate forecast is for more snow.

When the people of the United States were afflicted by two natural disasters, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, China made a generous donation to assist those stricken by tragedy. In times of need, friends reach out to help each other. Accordingly, the United States Government is pleased to be able to offer assistance to the Chinese victims of the winter storms.

On the behalf of the American people and the Government of the United States of America, I want the people of China to know that we stand ready to extend a helping hand in this time of need.

In this regard, today, I am pleased to present this donation of $150,000 dollars to Mr. Wang Haijing, representing the Red Cross Society of China, to assist those in China who have suffered and are suffering as a result of these terrible winter storms.

This donation will be used to help purchase blankets, clothing and other necessities for the victims in order to help them through this ordeal.

My heartfelt sympathies to the people of China. Our thoughts will be with you this Spring Festival.

Thank you.

Ps. To be serious: I am sincerely thankful for the donation, any penny was needed to relief the millions of victims.

[edit on 27/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

I am sincerely thankful for the donation, any penny was needed to relief the millions of victims.

I fully understand that, given the circumstance, that even the chinese government only rolled out a measly 16million$ for the millions of victims.
And comparing a hurricane that caused nearly 2000 deaths and 100 billion $ damage to a harsh winter with 30 deaths is pathetic.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ikaruga

I referred to your Government as being Chinese. You stated you have lived in China for years, you live under chinas laws.

I leave a link with a differnet perspective on the the practice of Falun Gong, sorry for upsetting you so.. having left out that little space.

www.gluckman.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

My mistake on U.S contribution to Chinas horrible weather. I have been relaxed with my research...it won't happen again.

IchiNiSan...your more recent posts have become very entertaining.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
I fully understand that, given the circumstance, that even the chinese government only rolled out a measly 16million$ for the millions of victims.

In actual fact they have allocated more than $700million to help the relief efforts. $16 million is the initial amount . None of this includes the use of 1.4 million soldiers and reservist to help with the effort. They will also give compensation to the people who lost their houses which will be in the hundreds of millions

The government also announced a $700 million plan to help farmers whose crops have been destroyed.

edition.cnn.com...

And comparing a hurricane that caused nearly 2000 deaths and 100 billion $ damage to a harsh winter with 30 deaths is pathetic.

Absolutely, comparing a snowstorm affecting 300 million Chinese people is pathetic compared to a topical storm which hit a small American city. There is no comparison. BTW: The death toll was 129

Anyway, the death shows the lack of preparedness from the American government more than anything else. China on the other hand immediately called upon 300,000 soldiers and 1.1 million reservist to help with the rescue mission and bring back water and electricity to many of the most affected areas.

The severe winter weather, which hit 21 of the 31 provincial divisions in Chinese mainland, has claimed 129 lives and destroyed 485,000 houses. An estimated 1.66 million people have lost their homes and are living in temporary shelters.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Isn't cnn a biased corrupt western source, while xinhuanet is the beacon of truth ?

Want another example of xinhuanet distortion of truth ?

Taken from news.xinhuanet.com...

To date, the German-based RTL TV and N-TV had made corrections on their website on March 23 and 24, respectively, and apologized to the public.

I invite anyone who speaks german to find these corrections and apologies
in the n-tv archives

I really tried to find it, but the news for march 23 and 24 on Tibet were :

Humanitäres Desaster droht: Tibetische Klöster isoliert (Politik, 12:47)
Humanitarian desaster looms: Tibetian monastery isolated

Olympischer Fackellauf: Tibet-Aktivisten wollen stören (Sport, 14:05)
Olympic Torch run: Tibet activists want to disturb

Frieden auch für Tibet: Segen in 63 Sprachen (Politik, 12:55)
Also peace for Tibet: Blessing in 63 languages

Angst vor Tibets Beispiel: Peking fährt die harte Tour (Politik, 08:42)
Fear of Tibets example: Beijing is going the hard way

Unfortunately, RTL doesn't have it's own news archive, so it's not possible to check it there.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Because you cant find it you claim its not there?

Dont try to lie about this topic because they did apologise and you claim that Xinhua.net lied which I have proven below to be false. Another example of why "western" opinions are ignorant because they lack information and yet go on to make "fantastic" sounding claims which have no basis of the truth

DENY IGNORANCE

RTL-TV apology

Indeed, the recording shows security forces in Nepal, a neighbouring country of the Chinese province of Tibet. Das Bild entstand am 17. The image was taken on 17 März in der Hauptstadt Kathmandu. March in the capital, Kathmandu. Dort sind nepalesische Sicherheitskräfte mit Knüppeln gegen Demonstranten vorgegangen, die gegen die Politik Chinas in Tibet auf die Straße gegangen waren. There are Nepalese security forces against demonstrators with clubs which are against the policies of China in Tibet on the streets. Wir haben versehentlich den Eindruck erweckt, bei der Szene handele es sich um die Unruhen in Tibet und chinesische Sicherheitskräfte. We have accidentally created the impression at the scene, it is the unrest in Tibet and Chinese security forces. Diesen Fehler bedauern wir und stellen gleichzeitig fest: RTLaktuell.de berichtet unabhängig. We regret this error and make notes: RTLaktuell.de reported independently.

Link

Trying to change the subject from your initial claim?

I used CNN simply because it wasn't Chinese which counters the potentional counter-argument you would have made if I had used a Chinese source

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
Want another example of xinhuanet distortion of truth ?

Where are the first examples?????

So why did you quote Xinhua if it so distorted the truth?

"Fair-weather" distortion?

BTW: You cannot distort figures you can only distort the way information is presented. CNN can't make the figure disappear but they can change the purpose of what the money is for

Are you going to deny they distorted their pictures?

It would be a extreme folly of Xinhua to lie on their English website because it leaves it open to attack from other western websites. Xinhua has never lied on a issue EVER. It has non-reported or given less reporting time to a issue but it has never made up figures or facts. The articles below and other articles on-line give credibility to the Xinhua report

Even western sites had seen them

Bertelsmann buys into China unit
Media giant enters market with Ad Society
By ED MEZA
German media giant Bertelsmann has entered the Chinese TV industry with a 16.5% stake in production group-ad agency Ad Society.

News of RTL's involvement in the Chinese TV market follows public apologies and corrections issued by RTL's German channels and its news web N-TV for misrepresentations of the unrest in Tibet and Nepal.

A spokesman for N-TV said a report that aired March 20 on the conflict in Tibet inadvertently showed images from neighboring Nepal, where Tibetan demonstrators have also clashed with police.

The spokesman said editors caught the error, and the images, which came from international news agencies, were immediately removed.

Similarly, RTL Television said that an image on its website reportedly showing Tibet was also a photo of demonstrations in Nepal.

Link

Berlin - A German news television channel, N-TV, admitted Monday it had mistakenly aired news footage from Nepal on one day during news coverage of protests by Tibetans against Chinese rule.

Separately, a website owned by another German channel, RTL, admitted that the caption of one still photograph taken in Nepal had been erroneous. On Sunday, the Chinese news agency Xinhua had accused Western media of false reporting on the violence.

N-TV said that a still photograph and a video sequence shown on March 20 in a report about Tibet had in fact been taken in Nepal. It said editors had noticed the error and subsequently replaced the images.

'We are extremely sorry,' an N-TV spokesman said in Cologne.

RTL's website, RTLaktuell.de, said late Sunday, 'It's true that amid our detailed reporting on the Tibet conflict, there was one case where a picture was displayed in the wrong context.

'The picture actually shows security forces in Nepal. It was taken on March 17 in the capital Kathmandu while Nepalese security forces were responding with truncheons to demonstrators protesting against Chinese policies in Tibet.

'We erroneously created the impression that the scene was of the unrest in Tibet and showed Chinese security forces.

'We apologize for this error, while pointing out that RTLaktuell.de reports without bias,' the news site said.

monstersandcritics.com

[edit on 28-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
sy.gunson -- "Tell me when did the Dalai Lama ever fly planes into buildings, cut people's throats, plant IED land mines, sponsor suicide bombers ?"

To be fair, the current Dalai Lama (and all the Dalai Lamas for this matter) are not as clean as you think, when Tibet was in a feudal serfdom state the Dalai Lama frequently sacrificed the lives of serfs for religious rituals. You can see some of the pictures here:
newschecker.blogspot.com...
Fair enough he was young then but he never disclosed that dark part of his past to the public (for very obvious reasons).

Also about one of your comments on Michael Parenti I don't think it is very fair either, just because in his article on Tibet he disclosed the cruelty of the lama's rulings doesn't mean he is a communist, he is a very well respected historian -- in fact he also critisized the mistakes of the chinese government rulings in Tibet as well particularly in the "great leap forward" years.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The Chinese bear the mark of the beast. Evil little communist robots that don't know how to think for themselves. I'll let you in on a little secret, if you somehow dissappeared tomorrow, the world wouldn't miss you.
so sad.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

1 . sources please... slaveholder???

that is the only one on the list that I could confirm. just get some history books that's all it takes (to the guy who said he has ten books on Dalai, get a history book on Tibet).

the others are conducted by 3rd party interviews, search them on youtube or other sources. They are likely not PRC propaganda because CCTV and Xinhua refrains from mentioning Dalai most of the time.

anyway, hell, if was a feudal lord in exile, I would do anything to get my power back too.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here are a few independent source of info on the subject. The connection between Dalai Lama and Aum cult is obviously there.

www.cfr.org...
www.jref.com...
www.cesnur.org...
www.iivs.de...

Go to Japan and ask about it, wonder why Dalai Lama is rather unpopular there ? You are not suggesting Japanese are also brainwashed by the Chinese commies, are you ?

About Tibetan Buddhism, go to a public library and find some serious book on the subject. Two things I find rather dark about Tibetan Buddhism:

1. Worshiping a living person as re-incarnation of god. You can imagine what could come out of this ....

2. See time as cyclical and within these cycles humanity passes through phases from enlightenment to delusion. By destroying the present, humanity can attain advancement in the next cycle. The Aum guys actually believed in ACCELERATING the process.

"On January 21, 1989 Asahara had sent the sum of $100,000 to Dharamsala for the assistance of Tibetan refugees. As a kind of service in return he received an official note from the Council for religious and cultural affairs of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in which one can read: “To the best of our knowledge, AUM attempts to promote public well-being through various religious and social activities, for example through instruction in Buddhist doctrines and yoga” (Focus 38/95, p. 116–117). "

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
go to the following link and read an American's article.
www.globalresearch.ca...

<< 16  17  18   >>

join