It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what you should know about the 14th Dalai Lama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm not ready to consider the boycott route yet as it seems to me keeping the interaction going will do more good. When the Chinese People decide they have had enough, no force on earth will be able to stop them from freeing themselves. I'm sure their leaders tremble at the thought of that day coming.

IMO that is the exact reason China fights so hard to deny tibet its freedom and independce. It would set a tone where oppressed people of the region are no longer afraid to stand up and fight for their basic human rights and the right to hold their own lands and have a government of their choosing that no longer rules with an iron fist.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdemar

I think what the people of Tibet want is tantamount here. I'm not talking about the Chinese who were falsely relocated there, but the true residents. What they want is what should happen. If most prefer to continue the status quo so be it. Otherwise they are nothing more than slaves.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Good point. It is hard to say what the correct answer is as only the future will hold the answer. Each situation people find themselves in on this planet is unique and clearly has to be viewed separately.

I worry that if we (Western Democracy) cut ourselves off from them the situation could get far worse. They have had a taste of Capitalism and its rewards. How would they react if they were attacked in their pocket books?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ok i figured out how to get the picture into my signature line

you put [IMG ] http:.............(whatever the web image you are trying to add)[/IMG ]

leave the inside parenthesis out of it, just put the web adress inside of the IMG brackets and also leave out the spaces that I had to add inside the brackets so it didnt try to link it

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gluetrap]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

The fact is nobody- and I mean nobody gets the press the Dali Lama gets without killing a few people. But hey thats JMO.

and your source is what ... No links. No credibility. Just another flea without credibility.

Calling me a flea without any credibility is just mean. I am entitled to my opinion just the same as you. I do not report people for being offensive or abusive because running to the teacher has not and never will be my style. You are entitled to think as little of me as you wish- but you don't have to be so nasty about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"I'm not ready to consider the boycott route yet as it seems to me keeping the interaction going will do more good. When the Chinese People decide they have had enough, no force on earth will be able to stop them from freeing themselves. I'm sure their leaders tremble at the thought of that day coming. "

Amen to that, now that day will be a day for mankind, hopefully it will happen at the olympic's for the world to see

if it happens..

i257.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Actually the whole world was ringside. The camera's were rolling on that one.

Will have to look up some old footage...

Not everything in the world is a lie. As tolerant as I try to be if what happened in that Square did not move you to anger, you are either uninformed to the point of non-relevance or you are making it up as you go along.

So now I'm Black or White. Hmmmm....

I obviously heard about it, I'm not that young but it's history and we've hopefully moved on from then. How long should we hold onto our anger/hatred of the actions committed by others many years ago? If every race/nation did that, we wouldn't be living in a very friendly society, would we.

Even with the obvious bias in the Media, most news reports are accurate as to the events that occurred. Far more accurate than things are on the Internet. The major media sources have their reputations and financial futures on the line. People posting on the Internet can lie with impunity at will. Blogs will never replace good news reporting. You just need to learn to ignore the spin and pick out the facts. One thing is for sure here; if you get your news from Blogs and biased Internet Sites, you will be badly misinformed.

Opinion IMO.

China has a horrible track record on human rights. The things we discuss here every day about Western Governments failings pales in comparison to the horrors committed by the Chinese by their Rulers.

Again, where are the facts of these 'horrible' attrocities. You've changed your stance from your previous posts. Open your eyes, things aren't as clear cut as you make them out to be. China is not the big bad communist nation it's made out to be in the western media.

I'm not ready to consider the boycott route yet as it seems to me keeping the interaction going will do more good. When the Chinese People decide they have had enough, no force on earth will be able to stop them from freeing themselves. I'm sure their leaders tremble at the thought of that day coming.

Rings a bell quite close to home doesn't it...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I apologise DK300, but I don't appreciate your making light of the life or death situation for the people of Tibet.

I shot from the hip because I was annoyed. I take it back. It was unfair of me.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Again, where are the facts of these 'horrible' attrocities. You've changed your stance from your previous posts. Open your eyes, things aren't as clear cut as you make them out to be. China is not the big bad communist nation it's made out to be in the western media.

Gosh, how soon the world forgets.

Those bangs at Tiananmen Square, they were not Chinese firecrackers and that red stuff that was not ketchup.

www.youtube.com...

The Olympic Games is the biggest Public relations blunder China ever made. It draws attention to the worst of this country.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The West is going to have to start dealing with more Chinese people brainwashed by their government and indoctrinated with hatred towards certain people (Japanese for instance). Not to mention a huge middle class that is rising who want to be like middle class American and Europeans (which the world could never support).

These are problems that came about because of China's economic expansion.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i257.photobucket.com...

may your god go with you!

still cant post the tibetan flag

[edit on 19-3-2008 by meremortal]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have personally read 4 books that the dalai lama himself has written or helped write. And i simply cannot see how you think the dalai lama is a terrorist. He is in quite possibly, the most un-terrorist (not a word i know) person who has a leadership position that is walking the earth today. I salute him, and i am continually amazed by his efforts to Free tibet from the oppression of the communist chinese government. Who have no right to be there.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspended

You must be really young? That part of history is very recent; less than a generation.

I have not changed my stance that these conversations need to take place. I never said their current behavior is acceptable to me. I'm not talking about the Chinese People, I'm now discussing their Government.

Some links to things I have bookmarked to read:
Link 1
Link 2
A book I'm thinking of ordering.
Prison is a toy factory.
Perhaps some progress?
Freedom of thought and speech?
Who knows what goes on behind closed courtroom doors?
An interesting new treatment for AID's?

An interesting bit about the ongoing fallout of Tiananmen.
...Hou Xuezhu has taken the rickety ferry to Yuanjiang dozens of times in the years since her husband was imprisoned here for starting a labor union during the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests. But she was more anxious than usual on the last trip, for her husband has declared war against his jailers.

Though I am weak and ill, they are trying to force me to work. I refuse, Zhang Shanguang wrote in a letter smuggled out of the prison in April. I don't know what they'll do next...

I'm off to do some reading before I discuss this any farther.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by InSpiteOf

I guess my problem with that is, does it apply to the current Dalai Lama who was a 16 year old child? Think about your own world views at 16 and your knowledge of what was truly going on around you.

It would matter if one believes in the claimed "re-incarnation", that the current 14th DL is the re-incarnated version of the previous 13 ones
Hmmmm, that would be mind-breaking to think about and would make one understand more why he received money from the CIA and now probably also from the NED.
hmmmmmm

To all:
You know, it really amazes me how so many people would react to the point of blindly following and accepting that the DL is totally holy, have no shortcomings and is only "fighting the real cause". Even when some evidence and well noted source(even non-China/Chinese spread sources) are being brought forward these people rather decide to ignore all these articles and continue their crusade of cursing and bashing China this and that. Maybe it is really true that these people need hope that something someone in this world is still pure and perfect, so they can mentally rely on a "meaningful course". Seems the brainwashing is already beyond repair that these people can not consider anything else than that their holyness is pure and perfect.

I do regret it was Crazyboy who created this controversial thread, I wonder how many would have reacted differently, if this thread was created by a non-Chinese written in a more beautiful less biased English post with some sources on this very first post, instead of throught the many pages. (To Crazyboy: no offense, you have my respects! I think you have done a great job of bringing this "other side of DL" in the hole of lions!).

Are Chinese members not allowed to bring up some controversial claims or try to explain the other side of our stories why we believe a lot of things are lied upon? Please look behind the broken English, after all for us it is our second language, and for someone like me even my third language. Look behind it and try to see and understand why certain points are being raised up, without being looked at or labelled to be propaganda-spreading state agents. Or given a nice beautiful Red warning sign in no time, in this course at least the Mod who gave these warning sign admitted to me he made a mistake and apologized for giving me a warning, but couldn't remove it anymore. This does not help and makes me less credible in posting here, if there is any credit given to Chinese members.

If ATS was indeed blocked in China, China would care less to send special agents in posting here. What could she achieves by spending energy and efforts in convincing ignorant people? Hmmm, writing this line makes me wonder why I would have been upset about ATS members for so many days, really a waste.....

[edit on 19/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

To all:
You know, it really amazes me how so many people would react to the point of blindly following and accepting that the DL is totally holy, have no shortcomings and is only "fighting the real cause". Even when some evidence and well noted source(even non-China/Chinese spread sources) are being brought forward these people rather decide to ignore all these articles and continue their crusade of cursing and bashing China this and that. Maybe it is really true that these people need hope that something someone in this world is still pure and perfect, so they can mentally rely on a "meaningful course". Seems the brainwashing is already beyond repair that these people can not consider anything else than that their holyness is pure and perfect.

Your post reeks of insincerity, prick.

Do you really think the people around you are that pathetic?

p.s; i fully accept that i am insulting you here, however let it be known that i myself feel insulted by the disrespectful nature of your post.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Meethinks "Crazyboy" needs to go back to watching MXC, Ninja Warrior, or "Super-Happy-Crazy-Fun-Time" on Chinese TV...

From his autobiographical information--the 'lamma is cool with me. I actually want to meet him. Look at how he's always smiling and laughing all the time...he must be doing something right.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
Your post reeks of insincerity, prick.

Do you really think the people around you are that pathetic?

p.s; i fully accept that i am insulting you here, however let it be known that i myself feel insulted by the disrespectful nature of your post.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Throbber]

YOU ONLY PROOFED MY POINT.

[edit on 19/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

What? I proved that you think that the people who disagree with you are pathetic?

Rights, mate.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Perhaps i should follow up with a short paragraph on how any person worth his or her salt wouldn't simply call the other guy a 'brainwashed parrot' or something similar, because that is what we 'normal' people like to call Disrespectful.

Would you like it very much if i called you brainwashed and that you are only acting on the information you can see and aren't actually thinking about what you're doing?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, here it is-

Even if the Dalai Lama is a terrorist, that doesn't mean the situation on the ground is any different.

How, pray-tell, would you deal with an innocent man trying to protect his son who is involved with the freedom fighting?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join