It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what you should know about the 14th Dalai Lama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I cannot believe anything that comes from a Chinese website. China censors the internet and most likely anything on the internet from China is Communist propaganda and cannot be taken seriously by people who value truth. I think the OP is an agent of the Communist government.

Do Wal Marts in China sell American made goods?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xul

temper temper buddy, maybe it would calm you down if I tell you I am Chinese too?

"only" --> I do feel pointing out that the NY Times article is pretty old. It does proof that the DL administration is willing to take money mayhem/chaos creators like the CIA, or do the USA use their new vehicle "National Endowment for Democracy" (NED)?

Well at least the so-called peaceful monks of Burma were also supported by the NED, monks who were being used to strengthen the American interests in th South-East Asian region. And since the financial relation between the Dalai Lama and the States go back to the 60s, one can almost ONLY come to the conclusion that the Dalai Lama is still receiving financial (and maybe even more) support, whatever the organization CIA, NED etc. This is though to death's men's ear on this board full of disinfo agents trying to blacken China.

As for your question what we know about the Dalai Lama, me myself relatively not much and I doubt the many foreign so-called supporters of Dalai Lama know. For example that his movement received my from the CIA and is most likely still receiving money from the NED. But these people will probably clap that his and his fellow men's hard-earned-paid taxes are gone into the pockets of "terrorists/freedom fighters" thousands of miles away to cause a new chaos among their "imagined" enemies or new excuse to start a new war in the name of helping "helpless/peacefull" monks. Hmmm, maybe not such a good enough example, so that's why I started doing some research of reading this post. Stiff surfing the board, but got distracted with some calls and friendly posts.

[edit on 19/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you are Chinese, why did you pick Japanese numbers for your username? Free Tibet! Has a nice ring to it. Don't you think?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If you are Chinese, why did you pick Japanese numbers for your username? Free Tibet! Has a nice ring to it. Don't you think?

I am still pondering myself why
Although I hate the guts out of the Japs who conducted the despicable crimes in the last century against China, such as the Rape of Nanjing or despises the arrogance of re-writing history books, yet I don't see why as a Chinese I can't use Japanese

By the way, Tibet is part of China, autonomy can be given, bu no seperation.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I cannot believe anything that comes from a Chinese website. China censors the internet and most likely anything on the internet from China is Communist propaganda and cannot be taken seriously by people who value truth. I think the OP is an agent of the Communist government.

Do Wal Marts in China sell American made goods?

- You might wanna test the internet out from within China and be surprised about the freedom you have in accessing the worldwide web so easily, reading articles from cnn, times, bbc etc, and you don't even need to miss ATS
Btw, I told another member too, if you like you can ask a Mod to check out where I am located

And Wal Mart do SELL imported goods from USA/Europe etc. Those are higher priced and are actually selling not bad. And did you know that Wal Mart also opned their Sam's Club here?

Ps. Ironically Americans think all the Chinese members in ATS are Chinese secret agents (who know maybe one day I will be recruited!), while we (Chinese members) do feel that most of you Americans (and some others) are diinfo agents to spread lies about China

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Not only did you steal my source, but you stole the points i was going to make as well!

Great minds think alike I guess

Starred

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have a few titles on my shelf by the Dalai Lama...

How to Practice : The Way to a Meaningful Life
An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life
The Path to Tranquility: Daily Meditations
The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
Ethics for the New Millennium
A Path to Happiness
How to Expand Love : Widening the Circle of Loving Relationships
Destructive Emotions: How Can We Overcome Them?
Healing Anger: The Power of Patience

I've scanned through them again... and I can state with due scholarly certainty...

Nowhere is he advocating cutting off human hands and skinning slaves...

...maybe they don't translate that stuff into english?

I am,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't understand the point of trying to smear the name of the Dalai Lama now. If you want to talk about China and Tibet past fine, but is the Dalai Lama himself responsible for everything in Tibet? I don't think so. The Dalai Lama refers to the Tibet autonomous region as a Zone of Peace. The Tibetean people want to carry on with their traditions. What can be the harm in that?

The China vs Tibet issue reminds me a little of the struggles in Ireland where (so called) Catholic Christians fight (so called) Protestant Christians.

Why can't China and Tibet draw from their long and celebrated history of Buddhist teachings to learn to work TOGETHER for the better of both?

The world needs to learn about Buddhist and Taoist teachings in these days of constant war.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
By the way, Tibet is part of China, autonomy can be given, bu no seperation.

Why is Tibet part of China?
Because you took it in 1950?
Because your government says so?
Most of the people don't want Chinese rule.
Enlighten me on why your country should rule in Tibet.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is the history of the Chinese invasion and occupation from 2 different perspectives:

www.tibet.com...

www.ccds.charlotte.nc.us...

Some of the problems facing Tibet in getting the rest of the world to assist them in resisting the Chinese invasion in 1950 were:

1. The remote and inaccessible location made it logistically difficult to give any kind of practical military assistance (it was 1950 not 2008)

2. Most nations who might at other times have helped Tibet were in 1950 still recovering from the devastation of WW2 and either bankrupt or preoccupied with trying to rebuild, and had neither resources nor inclination to get involved in a war against China

3. The embryonic UN was starting to get sucked into the civil war in Korea and could not deal with more than one thing at a time, even if member states had had the resources to commit, which they did not

Tibet was the loser, unfortunately. When I was in Lhasa in 1998, it was quite obvious that the Chinese regime was engaged in a policy of the wholesale relocation of hundreds of thousands of Han Chinese into Tibet to dilute the ethnic Tibetan population and 'Chinese-ize' the territory. This it appears has been quite successful.

I think our Chinese friends on this thread should recognize that the Dalai Lama, despite the murderous Chinese assault on his nation over the past 50 years, does not support a completely free and autonomous Tibet. He realizes it's too late for that. But he does support a degree of autonomy and religious freedom, which in almost any other part of the world would be considered a mild and reasonable aspiration.

The DL has great international respect and admiration for good reason. People the world over know him as peacable, good humored and basically a great guy. Slandering him in this stupid way is reminiscent of Josef Goebbels' propaganda against the Jews and makes you look ridiculous. Whether or not you are a paid, brainwashed pawn of the Chinese Government, you should be aware that's how you appear.

And yes, I have been to China, 14 times in 15 years. I know the country very well and have lots of personal friends there. But the Tibet issue is a black stain on China, and always will be.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I don't understand the point of trying to smear the name of the Dalai Lama now. If you want to talk about China and Tibet past fine, but is the Dalai Lama himself responsible for everything in Tibet? I don't think so. The Dalai Lama refers to the Tibet autonomous region as a Zone of Peace. The Tibetean people want to carry on with their traditions. What can be the harm in that?

- in a board which deny ignorance, maybe we all should take a better look of what kind of person the Dalai Lama really is. The very reason he received money from the CIA, and most likely from the NED now (btw the US government used this "private" vehicle, so they will not ever need to disclose any records, unlike if through CIA), makes the Dalai Lama much more doubtful than he seems. Or when he does not confirm or deny if his brother are working for the CIA, it makes one even more curious and him more suspicious. This is not smear, these are facts to look into before a blindly and mindless support of the supposed "re-incarnated" 14th one. Eventually this does put question marks and help to analyze his motives and actions.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Perhaps it's time for the Chinese to leave Tibet and let the people of Tibet have their country back.

The Chinese invaded and conquered Tibet in the early 1950s. Of course it was called a liberation.

So, I'm with the people that would like to see Tibet free once again.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Well if he took money from the CIA i don't blame him.
He is after all in confrontation with the heroes of Tiananmen square.
Fight fire with fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Did Tank Guy in T Square actually get runned over by tanks, i do not believe so.....

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeTracker

It was a liberation, of sorts. It was the replacement of a THEOCRATIC government with that of a Totalitarian Communist government.

For all the bad things you can say about the Chinese government and its dealings with tibet, the average peasent saw an increase in living standards under its rule, as compared to the rule of the previous theocratic leaders.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow
Did Tank Guy in T Square actually get runned over by tanks, i do not believe so.....

Probably not, but i can guarantee you he's not alive today is he.
And he was not the only one was he.
The truth is out about China, and has been for quite sometime.
You can't re-wright that history.
Now with that kind of behavior what makes you think anyone would want to be ruled by China.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

no, he didnt get run over by tanks, but his actions were incredible none the less

As the tanks came to a stop, he appeared to be trying to wave them away. In response, the front tank attempted to drive around the man, but the man repeatedly stepped into the path of the tank in a show of nonviolent action.[1] After blocking the tanks, the man climbed up onto the top of the lead tank and had a conversation with the driver. Reports of what he said to the driver vary, including "Why are you here? My city is in chaos because of you";[1] "Go back, turn around, and stop killing my people"; and "Go away." Video footage shows that anxious onlookers then pulled the man away and absorbed him into the crowd[1] and the tanks continued on their way.

Source

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyboy0

China and it's vast military will never hold Tibet. Wait and see my commie friend.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Im assuming you mean to say that the US will, for some unknown reason, come to the rescue of Tibet? If that is what you are saying, why do you believe this? There is no evidence to suggest US leaders care for the plight of the Tibetan people.

Your anti-communist attitude seems to be a leftover from the McCarthy days.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just want to add that it is most certainly not only Chinese propaganda that states the same short comings of the Dalai Lama as the OP.

No you-tube exists for this, but I found a myspace vid of it here:
vids.myspace.com...

It's Penn and Teller, which I realize is more entertainment than encyclopedia - however, I've seen other sources stating the same thing. I'm at work however, and a quick google search didn't return anything and I've not the time to dig deeper.

This is ATS where we 'deny ignorance' - that doesn't mean we deny the ignorance of those biased opinions we disagree with - that means we deny all ignorance. Let's find the truth about Tenzin Gyatso regardless of any country or political movement says about him.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join