It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what you should know about the 14th Dalai Lama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This belongs in Skunk Works please.

No facts, no sources.

xul

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No facts, sources?
Ok, what about the NY Times link i've posted an hour ago?
The fact IS he's not so innocent as the western media is trying to convince all of us.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by xul]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
huh?
this is the first time I hear these kinds of claims against the Dalai Lama. uhmm, Crazyboy, can you provide more sources to back it up??

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyboy0
That explains a lot.You are just another poor innocent occidental.......
I don't know what do you exactly mean "brainwashed".I don't know is it called brainwashed when you learn something from your culture or society.

A brainwashed person is not able to think objectively anymore, like you, because you have been brainwashed by Chinese media and your political leaders saying that the Dalai Lama is a terrorist.

May be you mean that living in China or communist country will be brainwashed while living your so-called democratic states wii be not.

In the modern times,the problem of ideology has been solved in China but why still exists in a democratic country?

Yes the problem of ideology has certainly been solved in China, because there is just one ideology and if you don't agree with that ideology and wish to protest you will be either killed, put in prison, or your organs will be sold to whoever demands them.

Democracy, yes. I can voice my opinion, write my opinion, protest, demonstrate, sue my government. Tell me what you can.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

I find the NY Times a credible source.

I have no problem with this thread remaining.

However, you may submit a complaint at any time stating your case, and it will be reviewed by the ATS staff for a determination by more moderators than myself.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xul

But Xul, your link is only to a source (from 98) that the Dalai Lama's is being paid by the CIA, who funds them to support guerilla operations against China in the era of the Cold War .

The Dalai Lama's administration acknowledged today that it received $1.7 million a year in the 1960's from the Central Intelligence Agency, but denied reports that the Tibetan leader benefited personally from an annual subsidy of $180,000.

The money allocated for the resistance movement was spent on training volunteers and paying for guerrilla operations against the Chinese, the Tibetan government-in-exile said in a statement. It added that the subsidy earmarked for the Dalai Lama was spent on setting up offices in Geneva and New York and on international lobbying.

Though I believe the CIA is still giving them such an annual budget 50 years later. However this is still hardly a source for the other claims of Crazyboy. At most we can label this movement as a terroristic organization right after China rightfully took back Tibet, but of course most of the biased board members will say "freedom fighters". Not going to get into that discussion with them

*googling*

[edit on 19/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

xul

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Another link, not as credible as the NY Times article ( this one is from "Penn and Teller Bull#!" episode), but anyway:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Crazyboy why don't you open up a discussion about China, its people and policies? I think it would be useful for Chinese and Western minds to talk to one another outside of formal ceremonies.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

3.He supports Aum Shinrikyo,one of a notorious terrorism religion in Japan.In 1995,members of AUM Shinrikyo released sarin gas on several lines of the Tokyo Subway.....However, as a "peace lover",Dalai has close ties to them.Even after 1995,Dalai still states categorically that what Aum Shinrikyo promoted accords with Buddhism,and the founder of Aum Shinrikyo is his best friend.

I`m not sure how close their ties were, but there is quite a lot of evidence to support this.

Here`s one English source (well footnoted), with a photo of the two holding hands.

www.trimondi.de...

Aum had quite a bit of international support both before and after the sarin attack, so it`s not all that far-fetched.

- These Trimondi condemn religions as being apocalyptically engaged in some sort of apocalyptic war. Question : - are these Trimondi more or less apocalyptical that what they're trying to debunk ?

- If Tibetan Buddhism was topped by allmighty black sorcerers, would the Tibet have been invaded by Chinese forces in 1959 ?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
want source???huh?? here it goes

In the document that still preserved in Tibet muniment room. the document's title in chinese is [re bu dian tou mu].

it is written on [re bu dian tou mu]. " in order to celebrate Dalailama's birthday all the monks should patter a certain lection called [fen nu shi wu zhe hui shi fa], in order to do so, the monks need to collect two human guts, two human head, human blood, and a whole piece of human skin."

this is the tragic that happened in the Dalailama ruled tibet. the slave's skin decorticated by slave owner. i guess your media didn't tell you so huh??

a slave's hand cut off by he's owner under Dalailama's rule. i guess your media didn't tell you so either huh??? what a peace loving holy saint Dalailama' is. huh???

[edit on 19-3-2008 by zhangxi0183]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

Chinese sources are no credible evidence. I would not be surprised if the bloke's hand has been cut off by the Chinese army.

Your media consists of propaganda and proganda only. Come with some credible sources. Only the source from the Washington Post is credible, and accepting money from the CIA doesnt make you a terrorist.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by zhangxi0183

Chinese sources are no credible evidence. I would not be surprised if the bloke's hand has been cut off by the Chinese army.

Your media consists of propaganda and proganda only. Come with some credible sources. Only the source from the Washington Post is credible, and accepting money from the CIA doesnt make you a terrorist.

oh yeah. chinese source are no credible evidence, only source from white house is true, blah blah blah.. keep denying the truth you don't like. it's won't be a big surprise for me. i just feel really sorry for you. too bad for you can just only hear one side of the story. and even couldn't have the gut to face the truth.

i'm sorry to let you see the real world.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhangxi0183
oh yeah. chinese source are no credible evidence, only source from white house is true, blah blah blah.. keep denying the truth you don't like. it's won't be a big surprise for me. i just feel really sorry for you. too bad for you can just only hear one side of the story. and even couldn't have the gut to face the truth.

Do you really think a Chinese news agency would be allowed to write the Dali Lama is such a great and beautiful personality? No kidding... BBC is for instance a credible news source.

xul

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

But Xul, your link is only to a source (from 98) that the Dalai Lama's is being paid by the the CIA, who funds them to support guerilla operations against China in the era of the Cold War .

[...]

Though I believe the CIA is still giving them such an annual budget 50 years later. However this is still hardly a source for the other claims of Crazyboy. At most we can label this movement as a terroristic organization right after China rightfully took back Tibet, but of course most of the biased board members will say "freedom fighters". Not going to get into that discussion with them

*googling*

Uhm, what do you mean by "only"?
The article clearly states that one of - as WE know him - the most peaceful human beings alive was sponsored by the CIA for the purpose of training guerilla warriors against China.
This is a clear example of terrorist activity, can you deny it?

But, ok, sure, Crazyboy claims are biased.....i clearly see it, but so are ours.

Lets ask ourselfs... what do we really know about this Lama anyway?

The proven fact that he was(is) a CIA "friend" should tell you there is something beneath all this "saint" thing. A side you never knew.

The fact is... when you dig a little deeper in this "crazy chinese claims" there are things that will surprise you.
(Not me, because I know this world just isn't black and white, never was, never will be.)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhangxi0183

Do you really think a Chinese news agency would be allowed to write the Dali Lama is such a great and beautiful personality? No kidding... BBC is for instance a credible news source.

you do know the exact mean of "other side of the story" huh??? Do you really think US media would let you see the truth and ruin the White House's policy??? and as far as i know, bbc is not on the other side.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

Let me guess, Crazyboy: you are Chinese?

lol... i guessed this before i even saw the thread title. I saw his name on the recent post list first and after many years of gaming only asians put 'boy/boi' in their alias'.

Then i read the post and i was without any doubt.

@Crazyboy0

Thanks for your attention,I have indeed post two threads these days:
1:hacker in China:CNN tell lies
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
2:China issues human rights record of United States in 2007
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you are tired of the titles,I understand the feeling from my heart,because I have the same feeling when I saw some titles like "Massacre in Tibet","human organs sales in China" ect. As a human living in China,I know those are false and absurd.How can a normal person believe such fakes?
Maybe some people believe that I have been paid or brainwashed by the "evil Chinese government".If I claim what I said has nothing t do with Chinese government, may be you don't believe.Just don't believe.

I am a graduate student studying in Lanzhou university,I major optical fiber communication .I have registered in the forum just because I want to know about something happened abroad and interchange of thoughts,or even can make some friends here.However,I just find many people are really innocent to China.Maybe they think china is now in 1970s or Chinese people are leading a hard life like slaves under the govern of Communist party.
I just want to tell everyone who misunderstands China that everything has been changed from 1978.The economy is developing ,the society is being improved,political system reform has been launched too,though is slower than economy.

Globalisation makes us more and more similar to each other.You love peace, we love too.You may love Jet Lee,just like we love Tom Hanks.You may love Yao Ming just like we love Kobe Bryant.

While in some other ways,China and Chinese people will never compromise,as you know:territorial integrity.Americans may underestimate Chinese people's will to defend state sovereignty. So when I see some words like "China invade Taiwan","freedom of Tibet",I will can't
help hitting back with some high words.Actually it' no need to disprove,because who is willing to see his motherland splited? Tanwan is a part of China just like New York is a part of the US. So if a non_Chinese guy supports the independence of Taiwan,he must have has an ulterior object in view,if isn't a fool.

I offer an word of advice, Please know China before you say something about it.
And welcome to China!

(Is there any one can tell me when "prison break iv"will be on?)

[edit on 19-3-2008 by crazyboy0]

[edit on 19-3-2008 by crazyboy0]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
there is more source. if i have time. i would translate it for someone who is willing to listen the both side of the story.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but, breaking news:

Dalai Lama to resign if attacks dont stop.

Now what Crazyboy ?

j

An actor!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, here's a start: www.michaelparenti.org...

Whenever the common story is that a government is "perfect" and that its leader is "the greatest man alive," you really should double-check everything. The unpleasant sides of Tibet and the Dalai Lama have been thoroughly scrubbed away by America, in an effort to propagandize against China. Fact is, the Tibetans are better-off under Chinese rule than they were under Lamaic rule. Not by a large degree - like the difference between Idi Amin and Saddam Hussein - but still.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The problem is, the rhetoric I keep hearing is all the same hogwash that is not backed up by anything but propaganda and nationalist pride.

Of course you don't believe it is, primarily because you are living IN the progaganda! And when you have Chinese officials calling the Dhali Lama a "monster" and a "animal", you really have to suspect the discrediting by the officials as nothing more than perpetual hate put forth to make the Dhali Lama seem like the worse offender. Like he was "asking" for this stuff to happen!

Posting sources that back up your claims would be a start as well.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by douglas2k4]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join