<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That was the Video on the other thread. Your confusing yourself

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

You were the one that asked the question of "what video". Projecting?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Because you were referring to a Video in another thread

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
Thou who are protesting, rioting, looting and violently beating and killing of innocents in name of a supposedly non-violent-holy-man should stop anytime. One eyewitness record of a tourist said it all. "I agree that the Tibetans have their own culture, but I can't agree with what people did. After a while, it was not about Tibetan freedom any more.". We should look into other potential causes besides the cry for freedom. No, it wasn't about the freedom anymore, it was taking revenge for their economic situation in my opinion. Some of the old Tibetans were trying to stop these frustrated young men and saved Han Chinese lives. Frustrated young men who blamed everything and everyone else besides to look into the mirror why they are unemployed and lack behind in the fastly developing society. Out-of-control beasts beating and killing innocents do not deserve freedom, they deserve to be arrested and put behind bars for breaking the law.
The Dalai Lama says he does not want independency, he says he wants only a greater autonomy, Wen JiaBao is willing to talk to him peacefully. It does not help the cause though when these rioters keep on rioting using violence under the overly false presence that they want freedom.

[edit on 22/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

Just because a group of moronic fools decide the best way to get what they want is to seize it by the throat doesn't mean that anyone who tries to stop them doesn't want the same thing.

Of course, you have to admit that the price they paid with their lives (and the lives of others) has more or less propelled the issue of a Free Tibet onto the world stage.

What it comes down to, ultimately - is the fact that the original dispute began between Chinese Security Forces and Tibetan protestors, and everything since that original conflict has been typical of a culture on the rampage.

Which is pretty natural, all things considered.

However, for every protestor who commits acts of violence in the name of freedom, there are protestors who look upon those acts as abhorrent, and would like nothing more than to stop them from happening.

In the context of those who would wish for peaceful protest, what exactly is wrong with the idea of a 'free tibet'?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
things are going the same direction they went in Kosovo just couple weeks ago.. i really saw no reason for independence there and in Tibet where supposedly holy monks live, i'm not quite sure whether these monks are holy anymore...

buddha quotes:

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.

Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.

and u believe that people who has these ideals would go rioting ?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silencee

I'm going to assume your post was directed towards me, for a few reasons too personally complex for me to coherently express in literature.

Granted, those who follow and practice buddhism are generally in a state of compassion towards the world.

However unfortunate as it may seem, there are events in which the world isn't entirely compassionate towards us.

Now, some of the older monks who have dealt with the problems China has brought upon Tibet in the past will have grown to realise that it isn't the world that is not being compassionate, but that it is those whom are interested in Tibet for the purposes of strengthening China that are failing to show compassion.

A good enough reason for younger monks, who have little or no experience of the misdeeds of the Chinese Authorities, to start getting angry, perhaps even developing their own trait of moral indulgence and ultimately straying from the path.

Kinda like when you stun someone with a bright light and he stops walking in your direction.

It is my belief that those whom are rioting are pointedly ignoring one of the basic ideas that the dalai lama himself has shared with the followers of buddhism;

"If you would wish to treat others well, practice compassion, If you would wish for others to treat you well, practice compassion".

At this moment in time, i have the feeling that a lot of those who are rioting have lost hope.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

I challenge you to come to China and actually talk to some monks.

Buddhism is so idealized in the West to the point of ridiculousness.

Most monks are no better than the likes of Jimmy Baker. Haha...I saw a group of monks get out of a BMW today and head into the Sheraton for brunch.

Hahaha...idealists are funny.

At the PRC disinfo agent academy, they beat all of that out of us.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Crazy boy's attitude is similar to any imperialist's. Even in the 21st century there are still many rougue states that occupies other peoples lands, resisting all kinds of pressures from the UN,Human Rights organizations...etc, examples are Russia, Israel, China.

These states and their followers consider freedom fighters as terrorists, for example, Israel used to call PLO, a terrorist organization and now thay call Hamas fighters- terrorists. Russia call Chechen freedom fighters -terrorists, so it's not strange that Crazy boy and China call the Dali Lama a terrorist. It is typical occupiers twisted set of mind. They convince themselves that they are right, or in other words, they lie and believe their lie. Russia declares for all the world that Chechnia is a part of Russia even and that war between Chechens and Russian is an internal issue. even that everybody knows that Russia occupied many Muslim Caucasian nations states including Chechenia 2 centuries ago, and tried to force them to become Slavic Christian Russians, but they failed, the Chechen fight for freedom is continuing and will continue for another 2 centuries, the same for Palestinians and Tibetans, although, Russia , China and Israel will try hard to prove the opposite, but no use, the independence for these nations is coming sooner or later, and the imperialist plans of the 3 rougue states (Russia, China, Israel)are just wishful thinking.

P.S: what amazes me but at the same time makes me sad, that western governments and people who brag ,everyday and evrywhere, about democracy and justice, Oks the attrocities of Russia and Israel in Palestine and Chechenia, is it hypocracy or what??!!atlesat they are against the occupation of Tibet...may be because Tibetans are not muslims like Chechens and Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
Just because a group of moronic fools decide the best way to get what they want is to seize it by the throat doesn't mean that anyone who tries to stop them doesn't want the same thing.

Of course, you have to admit that the price they paid with their lives (and the lives of others) has more or less propelled the issue of a Free Tibet onto the world stage.

Now, this is one point (besides the damages and deaths) most of the Chinese people started to become highly suspicious and some furious about the DL movements. One would start to wonder, are these riots being set up by taking advantage of a small group of "moronic fools" to bring this issue onto the world stage? Is the DL clique low on cash, lack of sponsors?

What it comes down to, ultimately - is the fact that the original dispute began between Chinese Security Forces and Tibetan protestors, and everything since that original conflict has been typical of a culture on the rampage.

Which is pretty natural, all things considered.

Peaceful protests here and there in China is the daily practice, independent foreign reports start to emerge that the police forces did not use violence to crack-down these protestors as what is the usual protocol if it comes down to protests, either it be freedom cries or labours strikes. The central government had let it be to calm down, but the regional authorities have scr**** up, by allowing rioters (set up by Free Tibet?) taking advatnage of these protests.

However, for every protestor who commits acts of violence in the name of freedom, there are protestors who look upon those acts as abhorrent, and would like nothing more than to stop them from happening.

In the context of those who would wish for peaceful protest, what exactly is wrong with the idea of a 'free tibet'?

The question is where is the balance? Is it a small minority of the DL clique fraction that the DL does not want to control or is it a big majority that the DL simply can not control anymore?
Another question lies in the corner and is being raised up, how many percentage of the Tibetan population is actually in favor of these protests? Or even is actually in favor of an independent Tibet?
The Western media, world, and DL supporters are all assuming that ALL Tibetans want an independent state, what IF actually only a small percentage of elites (monks?) is fighting for this "cause"? That would be a wake-up call, isn't it?

By the way, for your information, I am a buddhist for life. It is sad though that all over China I see monks becoming more materialistic than religious, and in my opinion even disgracing Buddhism. Did you ever have the chance to read the book of Erasmus's "Praise of Folly" ("Lof der Zotheid"), I would recommend it. In my opinion religion and polictics should be seperated, it will only corrupt the religion, which had been recorded throughout world history, either it be the Chatholic Church or the Lama Buddhism, or even the Shaolin monks.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ikaruga

again, I corrected you once, and will correct you again, it is called the PRC Intelligence & Public Relation University. Not disinfo agent academy or school, what disinfo? we are not supposed to tell the world what this university is teaching us

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This article says a lot of why China feels the Western world should not intervene in our internal polictics anymore. Despite what many Westerners would think, Chinese people tend to have a much better memory about her past.

www.asiantribune.com.../10174

Crocodile tears over China's role in Tibet
Mon, 2008-03-24 04:08

By Janaka Perera

Colombo, 24 March. (Asiantribune.com): We need to have a glimpse at South Asian history to understand Beijing's current role in Tibet. China's policies on this issue are deeply rooted in the events of the last two centuries. Many have forgotten that Britain during her imperialist adventures was using Tibet to undermine China when latter was a helpless sick giant. She was then at the mercy of the gunboat diplomats – the ancestors of today's `human rights' champions.

Tibetans are the most widely distributed ethnic groups in the People's Republic. In addition to Tibet, they also inhabit Qinghai, Sichuan, Gansu and Yunnan provinces. The Tibetans are one of China's 56 'nationalities' as Beijing calls them. They are spread over one fourth of the country's land area. Therefore Chinese governments have naturally treated Tibet too as part of China, although not under Beijing's direct rule during some periods in history. Problems in the mountain kingdom accelerated only after the entry of Western imperialists into Asia.

(click link for full article)

[edit on 23/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by crazyboy0
reply to post by Mdv2

You'r right!
It seems not all americans are stupid!

That explains a lot. You are just another poor little Chinese thing brainwashed by Chinese communist propaganda. When your government blocks access to any objective news source available online, then it's not weird you have these ignorant thoughts.

Oh and by the way... try not to embarras yourself again... I am not from the US, you clown.

You have absurd logic that it's not YOU who were brainwashed but always OTHERS. In you logic, all chinese sources can be trusted. Wow, you really flattered chinese government by thinking she can control all the information written in chinese. Remind you, there are many many chinese people and net servers providing chinese informations out of China. You are not the brightest people in the world and it's proved you are a member of those who have prejudice due to their standpoint.

I don't want to support either in this matter. But I can point out your thinking rules:
1. You always are right.
2. If other people point out your false on opinion. Please provide source.
3. The source is unacceptable if provided by other people.
4. If there unluckily is some information proving you are wrong, just ignore it.
5. Anyone against you is chinese( in this case, who the hell know the total races number you despised.) and of course whose explanation is not persuasive to you by your ridiculous logic.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by pityonu]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Tibetans may be responsible for some of the turmoil in the region, but Tibet as a whole is not. The Chinese Invaded Tibet, that fact of history doesn't change.

Due to the history of east Asia, Tibet has been included in china's territory since Yuan Dynasty.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by poisonmekare

Also I would like to point out that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I've held my tongue on this statement for a long time, but no more.

A terrorist is a terrorist, regardless of who thinks what about them. When you kill the innocent, when you destroy the homes of those just trying to survive, when you destroy lives, You are a terrorist.

Your motives be damned!

Terror is just an extreme form of politics, that still does not make it right. Regardless of your cause.

I'll be honest here. I have no problem with someone blowing up an army base, attacking a government building or fighting the powers they oppose.

When they kill the innocent though, they are terrorists and deserve to be slaughtered like the vermin they are.

There is a huge difference between fighting your enemy and slaughtering the innocent.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but, breaking news:

Dalai Lama to resign if attacks dont stop.

Now what Crazyboy ?

j

Too simple, too young. Politics can't be comprehended in this shallow level. Seems it's so easy to fool you by some simple speech and guarantee. This is why Bush can invade other countries before American realize their wrong. Just like Vietnam War.

I am guessing when the day comes when people can learn from the history. "History is a mirror which doesn't lie" I can't expect one, who lives in the country without history, can real understand the power of history. Finally, time will make you grow up, though.~

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by zhangxi0183
oh yeah. chinese source are no credible evidence, only source from white house is true, blah blah blah.. keep denying the truth you don't like. it's won't be a big surprise for me. i just feel really sorry for you. too bad for you can just only hear one side of the story. and even couldn't have the gut to face the truth.

Do you really think a Chinese news agency would be allowed to write the Dali Lama is such a great and beautiful personality? No kidding... BBC is for instance a credible news source.

I tell why, because it's truth that Dali Lama is in fact a serfdom tyrant of Tibet! So you can't just tell lie by writing him as a great and beautiful person. Because you will lose your job by making fake news.

That 's your logic that your choice is alway the truth when story may have two different reasons. For instance, in this matter, there are two possible reasons supporting Dali Lama 's ugliness in Chinese sources.
1. Dali Lama is really the bad guy as the description.
2. Editors ,writers, reports in china all make fake materials about Dali.
Why you chose 2 but not 1? Those believing 1 provide there evidence, if you choose 2, then you should give your evidence support your idea but not to let them to refute yours.

Your logic is unfair and arbitrary. Following your logic, please provide evidence to refute theirs, (give evidence proving Dali is as good as he says when he still lives in the serfdom society.) or your word can't convince us.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yechidah
Anyone who believes Tibet belongs to China is high on lies or Chinese.
The Red army invaded, killed most of the men, sterlized the woman, sent the children to indoctrination camps. The monks at great risk took the independence and sovereignty documents to India, as China would not risk a war with India even today. Tibet at the time appealed to the UN but landed on deaf ears...so what is new there. The dali Lama is a politician and spiritual leader. For without faith, there is no hope. Who cares about whom he associates with. Is our own CIA saintly????

Ok, show me your evidence. I can easily transfer the description to US vs Iraq War. Even more tragedy.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by zhangxi0183
oh yeah. chinese source are no credible evidence, only source from white house is true, blah blah blah.. keep denying the truth you don't like.

i'm sorry to let you see the real world.

You are arguing a false dichotomy. Just because one does not believe a STATE-RUN Chinese source, does not mean one believes everything or everything the White House says.

I've come across a bit of a problem in you and CrazyBoy's propaganda...ahem...I mean arguments. You claim that picture you posted was an example of what happened to serfs under the rule of the Dalai Lama. Crazy Boy made claims about the atrocities that the Dalai Lama was committing before 1949. But there's a problem.

Tenzin Gyatso didn't become Dalai Lama until November 1950. Come on, Crazy Boy and ZhangiXi, you know your Chinese history. Why don't you tell us what happened just one month before, in October 1950?

It's ridiculous to split one man into two parts. One is evil side , the other is good side. And you believed that the evil is past and good continues. Just like fairy tales. So I tell you another version of this story:

A bad tyrant was exiled out of Tibet and slaves become happy citizens and live a happy life. But the tyrant didn't give up, he paned to return to enslave the happy citizens, but everytime he comes back, only the tragic matter appears. Stories continued, the bad tyrant was beaten again and again.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontwannadie
Absolute rubbish! You're a complete fool.
Chinese propaganda against H.H. The Dalai Lama is nothing new.
Doesn't make it true. Right???? Everybody knows this.
China invaded Tibet. That's that. This is a no brainer. Tibet basically belongs to China because nobody wants to wage war inside of a basin surrounded by mountains. H.H. The Dalai Lama doesn't want further bloodshed and is against his people fighting the Chinese army, even though some Tibetan people wish to reclaim their land using force.
Many Tibetans have taken refuge in Dharamsala and are living under very difficult conditions (but, thank god for India!). The story, my friends, goes on and on. Too much suffering.

We, speaking of Americans, are at fault for giving all of our money to the Chinese government i.e., all things imported from China... we, in turn, are funding them!!!!

This, of course, is nothing new either.
Politics... politicians are lower than low.

You, crazyboy0, your name suits you.
But you should feel ashamed for this thread, not proud.

Btw, I've personally met with H.H. The Dalai Lama. Have you?
He is a very kind and generous person. For the record.

You, clearly, have no idea what you're talking about.

Good luck.

Regards,
Robert

Your comment is absolutely suitable for you.
Hello no brainer. In Iraq, normal people fight Us army for their life EVERY DAY! While in Tibet, people are payed ( about 300 RMB/person to encourage them to set fire on stores, kill people, and break cars and hospitals, you can find them through google) to do all the bad things. Evidence points out that it 's funded by CIA or US Government.
So can I say US now is the biggest invader in the whole world?

You really are fooled , poor guy.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by brigand
You know NOTHING of the Dali Lama.

Read his book sometime, "The Universe in a Single Atom" and you'll get a better idea of the kind of man you are degrading. You should be ashamed of yourself for even making this post.

You prefer the murder own book to other sources. You selectively blindness. No words on you because I don't like waste time on those without a little judgement

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join